What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2014

bin31z
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just returned from South Africa with a bottle of Weller 12 year. I haven't seen it in my area for over a year. Have to be at the right place at the right time or enter drawings.

Store selection Buffalo Trace - plan to vat with Stagg Jr. Buffalo Trace Single Oak barrel 34. Store selection Jefferson's Reserve Very Old, Very Small Batch. Time to give the credit card a breather.

On a trip out of town today snagged a Blanton's, a RHF, and - the big prize - 2 OGD114s. I should travel more often.

Snagged a Stagg and Parker 8. Both are very nice. Debating whether to go pick up a second Parker.

post-10975-14489821518404_thumb.jpg

Made a side trip to Nebraska, found ETL in downtown Lincoln. Also picked up a Mellow Corn to try, and a Dickel #8.

post-10329-14489821523337_thumb.jpg

post-10329-14489821523337_thumb.jpg

Last Friday - grabbed a private selection High West Double Rye that was aged in used bourbon barrels for 21 months. Tasted it over the weekend and it was quite interesting.

It's not bourbon but it normally is, therefore I'll post that I added another Parker's Heritage 8 to the fold.

Edited by Mardbrown

Just picked up another Parker's Heritage 8 today. Starting to enjoy this one more than when I first cracked it.

I picked up a couple bottles of Tom's Foolery (plus one more for a fellow SBer) and a bottle of Baby Saz to add to the bunker since I never know when I'll see one again in Ohio.

Curiosity got the better of me and bought a new bottle of ETL. I don't really need any ETL, but I'm just curious to compare the recent bottling to some of the older ones.

I added two bottles of Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 year to my stash.. Very enjoyable bourbon in my opinion. Cheers Creggor

My shipment of WFE came in the other day. Fabulous stuff. I've got 5 different bottling's as of now. Need to do sbs's of all of them soon.post-10781-14489821559836_thumb.jpg

post-10781-14489821559287_thumb.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!