How Do You Store?

Hop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, dSculptor said:

Hey JT,  BTshorty does not visit this site any longer , ever since the change over he said he could never get back on, so he quit trying, but yes 90% of those are open, you can check out the bar that I built for him that is now in front of those, it's actually the one picture preceding your bar in pictures of your home bar thread, which BTW yours looks great, nice job!

Yes, I remember seeing that bar when I was posting there. That's a nice piece of work! 

Thanks for the compliment, It ain't perfect, but I'm pretty proud of it. I Like posting pics of it, but I also remember SCOURING the internet looking for inspiration when building it so I like to get pics out there for anyone who is thinking about building their own and is looking for ideas. I remember going to bars with a small tape measure in my pocket and checking all kinds of dimensions etc... I think I spent more time thinking about building it than I actually spent building it! When we bought the house I saw that corner of the basement and said, "My bar is going right there!" 

Just saw this today - totally stealing the design for a DIY liquor cabinet. (At 30sec she opens the thing up)

• 1 year later...

Mrs. V and I had this entertainment center built in 1990 to hold a 36" tv, stereo equipment and books. We bought a 60" flat screen a few years ago so I decided to move the cabinet to the basement, utilizing it for my open bottles and other whiskey related stuff. No sense in wasting a nice piece of furniture! I made some risers for the bottles and keep American whiskey in the center section, darkside goodies on the left. It's also worked out well for displaying the 1/10 pint bottles and whiskey books I've accumulated.

booze_cabinet.jpg

• I like it 7

12 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Mrs. V and I had this entertainment center built in 1990 to hold a 36" tv, stereo equipment and books. We bought a 60" flat screen a few years ago so I decided to move the cabinet to the basement, utilizing it for my open bottles and other whiskey related stuff. No sense in wasting a nice piece of furniture! I made some risers for the bottles and keep American whiskey in the center section, darkside goodies on the left. It's also worked out well for displaying the 1/10 pint bottles and whiskey books I've accumulated.

booze_cabinet.jpg

Now, that Is sharp!

12 hours ago, Vosgar said:

booze_cabinet.jpg

Good Looker!     I woulda found a way to use that lovely piece, too.    Like you said; 'no sense in wasting it'.   The internal lighting is a nice way to show off the contents.

A fine display; befits the BOTY!    :)  Good on ya', my friend.

A combination of industrial metal shelves, bookshelves and locking cabinets-- spread across three rooms.

I finally ran out of space in the "bar" room-- so I spent the last three weeks reworking the original general spirits/liqueurs room to accommodate the bourbon, rye and Canadian juice. The overzealous young manager at a liquor store I don't frequent laughed at me when my response to his "what are you looking for?" question was "something I don't have."

spirits_composite_sm.thumb.jpg.cbf164f3f3ce86ef41f553093299fbe7.jpg

• I like it 3

It USED to be this guy, but we're moving soon and the new house as a built-in bar.  Poor guy has nothing to store right now but hopes to find a new home soon.

IMG_20180711_0823211.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2014 at 8:09 PM, dmarkle said:

15125068853_65efac44d9_z.jpg

No. No, I am not married.

We knew that when you showed us the picture.  No caption needed there. :)  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.