How Do You Store?

Hop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I keep 'em right where I can see 'em.....post-10789-1448982157059_thumb.jpg..I only buy what I drink,I only drink what I see,if I can't see 'em .. can't drink 'em.:lol:

post-10789-14489821570194_thumb.jpg

I like your style, dSculptor. Very nicely selected.

Also dig the lamp. Very Little Shop Of Horrors.

At first I thought that was daylight behind the BTAC reserves, and my heart was in my throat thinking they were in the sun. Then I realized this is a fireplace conversion and an electric light. I don't even take chances with electric light on mine. I have direct light, even electric, blocked from my bottles in storage.

Hey TBT, thanks! When I made that lamp ,right away I said this one is mine,and that's where it's been since, as far as the light behind my reserves, I rarely have it on, special occasions or when I want to just kick back and stare at them.As you can tell this is in my office/jam room/bar .. in the basement so they get no light at all and all stays nice and cool!

Here's a simple wall shelf for storing bottles that I designed for a buddy and a fellow Sb'er , it took us about 6 hrs. to put together, all cedar, 4x4's notched out.post-10789-14489821583671_thumb.jpg Hopefully, he'll post a pic of it full..... it's impressive..

post-10789-14489821583093_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821583093_thumb.jpg

post-10789-14489821583671_thumb.jpg

Here's a simple wall shelf for storing bottles that I designed for a buddy and a fellow Sb'er , it took us about 6 hrs. to put together, all cedar, 4x4's notched out.then.. Hopefully, he'll post a pic of it full..... it's impressive..

That's great! But it wouldn't work for me (clumsy)...I'd be knocking bottles off right and left.

I have mine stored in cardboard liquor and wine boxes in a storage room in my basement.

I have enough Dickel 9/KCSB/HH6BIB/HHBIB, and HH6/90 to get me through the zombie apocalypse. Of course, when that hits, it'd be easier to find BTAC/Pappy/ECBP and others than it is today anyway....

Only if you've bunkered enough bullets :grin:

Here's a simple wall shelf for storing bottles that I designed for a buddy and a fellow Sb'er , it took us about 6 hrs. to put together, all cedar, 4x4's notched out.[ATTACH=CONFIG]19585[/ATTACH] then..[ATTACH=CONFIG]19586[/ATTACH] Hopefully, he'll post a pic of it full..... it's impressive..
That's great! But it wouldn't work for me (clumsy)...I'd be knocking bottles off right and left.

I agree, that would terrify me. Plus I would need a lot more wall space!

I bought a Broyhill hutch/server a few years ago to specifically use as my liquor cabinet.

New and empty.

post-3455-14489821591207_thumb.jpeg

Now and full.

post-3455-14489821591557_thumb.jpeg

Counting the 200's and 375's that are partially obscured, I have somewhere around 110-115 bottles in my cabinet now. Works really well for me.

Cheers! Joe

post-3455-14489821591207_thumb.jpeg

post-3455-14489821591557_thumb.jpeg

I agree, that would terrify me. Plus I would need a lot more wall space!

He still may put a chair rail on, it's actually much more stable than you think, and it holds around 225 bottles, need more space than that? You better start drinkin'.:grin:

Was so impressed with Joe's set up that I forgot to post mine. Around 20 open bottles on the bar, another 20 next up bottles in an inclosed cabinet in the garage and finally cardboard liquor boxes lined up on a 3' X 14' wood work table in the basement.

Since I started the thread and picked up some ideas I'll post up my own. Stole the idea for the glass display cases from here on SB and already had the ladder shelf

Unopened "backups" are in the glass cases with all Bourbon/Whiskey on the left side and a mixture of Bourbon and Scotch on the right side. The center shelf is all open bottles of Bourbon/Scotch with a bottle each of Rum and Tequila tossed in for good measure

The glass cases are great and inexpensive from Ikea for $64.99 each.

u3ypader.jpg

This resides in my Home Office with the bunker in a room in the basement.

He still may put a chair rail on, it's actually much more stable than you think, and it holds around 225 bottles, need more space than that? You better start drinkin'.:grin:

Doing the best I can! But unfortunately (or fortunately?) I would need a good deal more space than that. That probably wouldn't be enough to hold just the American whiskey stash. Add in the whisky from rest of the world, all the other spirits categories plus assorted mixers and liqueurs and I would need a couple more walls I suspect! :shocked:

Thanks to my good friend dSculptor for helping me get this together - and in one afternoon! Can't tell you guys how ELATED I am to have my "babies"

displayed like this. It is all about ACCESSABLITY !! There is nothing like being able to walk up to your collection, digest your selection, and "snatch" that

sucker off the wall! I too feared about possibly knocking bottles down off the shelves, but they are very stable. And the truth is, if you're reachin' for A

bottle, you're reaching for 1 bottle @ a time, just like you always would. I actually hated reaching OVER other bottles to make my selection. I will say

I have no little kids @ home anymore to worry about knocking things off - (just a wife that has recently acquired a strong taste for boubon!) and a cat. I

try not to leave open spaces to "invite" the idea of her jumping up there (the cat!) I look forward to my EVERY DAY visit !

post-10878-14489821634581_thumb.jpg

I bought a Broyhill hutch/server a few years ago to specifically use as my liquor cabinet.

New and empty.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19605[/ATTACH]

Now and full.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19606[/ATTACH]

Counting the 200's and 375's that are partially obscured, I have somewhere around 110-115 bottles in my cabinet now. Works really well for me.

Cheers! Joe

Wow! This is a beautiful thing. Both the selection and the storage apparatus.

Thanks to my good friend dSculptor for helping me get this together - and in one afternoon! Can't tell you guys how ELATED I am to have my "babies"

displayed like this. It is all about ACCESSABLITY !! There is nothing like being able to walk up to your collection, digest your selection, and "snatch" that

sucker off the wall! I too feared about possibly knocking bottles down off the shelves, but they are very stable. And the truth is, if you're reachin' for A

bottle, you're reaching for 1 bottle @ a time, just like you always would. I actually hated reaching OVER other bottles to make my selection. I will say

I have no little kids @ home anymore to worry about knocking things off - (just a wife that has recently acquired a strong taste for boubon!) and a cat. I

try not to leave open spaces to "invite" the idea of her jumping up there (the cat!) I look forward to my EVERY DAY visit !

Well done BT. I'd be happy to walk into that room and make a selection.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job !! Absolutely necessary to have whiskey at the ready in Frigid Wisconsin...same deal in N. Ontario. pj

Now I just need to get over there and make sure everything is as it should be...going to have to make sure all bottles are accessible, which means pulling some down and trying them, you know I always like to stand behind my work, actually in this case....stand in front of it, with a glass in my hand.:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.