How Do You Store?

Hop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15125068853_65efac44d9_z.jpg

No. No, I am not married.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Your comment that you're not married need not be said.

I must admit it put a big smile on my face, and some laughter in my heart.

I guess dishes and utensils come second!

Look, I don't mean to sound brash or insulting, but that's a pretty stupid thing to say. Glasses come second. Dishes and utensils come third :-D

A picture is worth a thousand words. Your comment that you're not married need not be said.

That made my morning, too ... :) Some pictures say it all - cheers!

Look, I don't mean to sound brash or insulting, but that's a pretty stupid thing to say. Glasses come second. Dishes and utensils come third :-D

Yeah you're so right...What was I thinking!

Like Will, that post made me smile a bit this morning. Dmarkle's post reminded me of what I was thinking about posting in "The What To Bring To A Tasting" thread. What to bring to a tasting????? GLASSES!!!! :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Haha I love it. Living the dream right there.

Is that a big jar of mayonnaise on the refrigerator? Livin' large and free wheelin'.

Last winter i used the trunk of the corvette to store some bottles, I procured a craftsman cabinet to clean out the back of the Z06 otherwise it would been tough explaining to the cops what forty bottles were doing in the trunk.

Officer yes I always drive with this much liquor in the trunk.

Is that a big jar of mayonnaise on the refrigerator? Livin' large and free wheelin'.

It is. I have a friend staying at my place for a while. She's did a Costco run the other day, and yes, I do believe that is a large amount of mayonnaise for the lifestyle I lead. I have received complaints that there isn't much pantry space. I have no idea how to fix that problem. Food comes fourth.

Just a thought. I wonder if bottles over the stove are a good idea? Fluctuations in temperature probably don't do liquor bottles that much good. And then you would have room for the mayo!

It is. I have a friend staying at my place for a while. She's did a Costco run the other day, and yes, I do believe that is a large amount of mayonnaise for the lifestyle I lead. I have received complaints that there isn't much pantry space. I have no idea how to fix that problem. Food comes fourth.

Wow. Am I on the right board? I post a pic with like 5 bottles of Four Roses in it and people are more interested in the mayo than the whiskey!

To be fair it looks to be the size of a single barrel of mayo. I hear those are becoming collectible.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Started cleaning the basement this past weekend and realized I have about 60 unopened bottles. I need to come up with a tidy way to organize these that looks like a lot fewer than 60 bottles to my wife. :lol:

I avoided reading this thread until today (no particular reason; just figured I had nothing to learn or add). I was wrong. LOVE the furniture. Am jealous.

PARTICULARLY of the five (5) 4R bottles which my eyes hit when I clicked on the pic.

These are random thoughts after reading the whole thread tonight. One way to make it look like fewer bottles is store it in several places. Don't forget the car trunk. For shelving, we use Container Store's Elfa - adjustable, capable of shelves of different heights over short horizontal runs. The deal I made with my wife was: I get the upper shelves that she can't reach but BELOW the shelves holding the once-a-year stuff (decorations, heat pump/AC filters, spare runners for hallways, etc.) up near the ceiling. It's just high enough she can't see what's there, especially if there's stuff around it. Plus, I put bottles in NON-liquor boxes in the basement behind the tool boxes but keep nothing in the attic. I try not to store too many bottles of one brand together in the open - when she gets on a ladder in the storage/utility/pantry room, her eyes go to large groups which begs her question, "Are you sure you really need "X" bottles of "Y"? That's code for, "If you buy more, I'll say something." Push come to shove, though, she knows I'll ask her how many pairs of shoes she bought lately.

Incidentally, Costco sells mayo in pint-sized bottles (packs of six) which look really good sitting in front of my Bowman SBs and LEs.

• 2 years later...

Used to be able to fit everything on the backbar or under the sink, when the stash grew I had to build more storage under the backbar.

IMG_1453.JPG

Bought a huge bookshelf thinking it would hold everything - I was wrong... :( it's still in multiple cabinets/closets but there is a matching bookshelf being delivered from Joss & Main on Thursday to fix the problem...

I may have a problem with hoarding...

Thanks to my good friend dSculptor for helping me get this together - and in one afternoon! Can't tell you guys how ELATED I am to have my "babies"
displayed like this. It is all about ACCESSABLITY !! There is nothing like being able to walk up to your collection, digest your selection, and "snatch" that
sucker off the wall! I too feared about possibly knocking bottles down off the shelves, but they are very stable. And the truth is, if you're reachin' for A
bottle, you're reaching for 1 bottle @ a time, just like you always would. I actually hated reaching OVER other bottles to make my selection. I will say
I have no little kids @ home anymore to worry about knocking things off - (just a wife that has recently acquired a strong taste for boubon!) and a cat. I
try not to leave open spaces to "invite" the idea of her jumping up there (the cat!) I look forward to my EVERY DAY visit !
Whiskey shelf 10-5-14.jpg

That's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KrispinD said:

That's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very impressive!

14 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Used to be able to fit everything on the backbar or under the sink, when the stash grew I had to build more storage under the backbar.

IMG_1453.JPG

Very nice.

On 10/23/2014 at 10:27 PM, BTshorty said:

Thanks to my good friend dSculptor for helping me get this together - and in one afternoon! Can't tell you guys how ELATED I am to have my "babies"

displayed like this. It is all about ACCESSABLITY !! There is nothing like being able to walk up to your collection, digest your selection, and "snatch" that

sucker off the wall! I too feared about possibly knocking bottles down off the shelves, but they are very stable. And the truth is, if you're reachin' for A

bottle, you're reaching for 1 bottle @ a time, just like you always would. I actually hated reaching OVER other bottles to make my selection. I will say

I have no little kids @ home anymore to worry about knocking things off - (just a wife that has recently acquired a strong taste for boubon!) and a cat. I

try not to leave open spaces to "invite" the idea of her jumping up there (the cat!) I look forward to my EVERY DAY visit !

Whiskey shelf 10-5-14.jpg

Very Nice... Are all of those open or soon to be?

I have the same issue reaching in and pulling bottles out over others. It is one thing if you're pulling a new bottle out of the bunker to open, but I've got so many open that many of my open bottles live down in the bunker shelves. I'm thinking I might need a well rail to clear some of the well brands off the back-bar and make room for open bourbon bottles. 

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

Very Nice... Are all of those open or soon to be?

I have the same issue reaching in and pulling bottles out over others. It is one thing if you're pulling a new bottle out of the bunker to open, but I've got so many open that many of my open bottles live down in the bunker shelves. I'm thinking I might need a well rail to clear some of the well brands off the back-bar and make room for open bourbon bottles. 

Hey JT,  BTshorty does not visit this site any longer , ever since the change over he said he could never get back on, so he quit trying, but yes 90% of those are open, you can check out the bar that I built for him that is now in front of those, it's actually the one picture preceding your bar in pictures of your home bar thread, which BTW yours looks great, nice job!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.