E.H. Taylor Barrel Proof

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got one yesterday and had a couple of pours last night. I think it's better than the 1st batch. I like it.

What's the MSRP?

I got one for $72.99 but I think that's an unusually good price. Not sure what MSRP is. I've seen the rye and the single barrel anywhere from $69.99 to $99.99 around here.

I thought it was a good deal. I had a choice between this or one of the available BTAC bottles (GTS, ER17, or THH). Decided to go with this because of the price.

I thought it was a good deal. I had a choice between this or one of the available BTAC bottles (GTS, ER17, or THH). Decided to go with this because of the price.

While I see nothing wrong with opting for CEHT BP, I would have also opted for GTS. I have found that I can replicate the CEHT profile blending Stagg Jr. and BT. I usually proof down to less than 110 proof even if a whiskey is barrel proof.

The price I was quoted was $71.99, which I thought was pretty reasonable, (CCleve23's paid price aside).

This is a store that tends to be a little higher on every day stuff (their Weller 12 was $24.99, as opposed to $19.99 at most of the big chains around here), but I have been shopping there quite a bit, because they seem to get more of the strictly allocated stuff, and they know what to ask for, as opposed to your typical Specs/Total Wine employees.

I've managed to get on the managers "Call List" for the rare stuff, and have been pleasantly surprised by their pricing on recent releases.

The price I was quoted was $71.99, which I thought was pretty reasonable, (CCleve23's paid price aside).

This is a store that tends to be a little higher on every day stuff (their Weller 12 was $24.99, as opposed to $19.99 at most of the big chains around here), but I have been shopping there quite a bit, because they seem to get more of the strictly allocated stuff, and they know what to ask for, as opposed to your typical Specs/Total Wine employees.

I've managed to get on the managers "Call List" for the rare stuff, and have been pleasantly surprised by their pricing on recent releases.

That's reasonable for down here. I paid 79.99 last spring for it.

... (their Weller 12 was $24.99, as opposed to $19.99 at most of the big chains around here)...

Ah, market distributions. Haven't seen Weller 12 on a shelf in N KY for over a year. :)

... (their Weller 12 was $24.99, as opposed to $19.99 at most of the big chains around here)...

Ah, market distributions. Haven't seen Weller 12 on a shelf in N KY for over a year. :)

I've got a bottle from a few years ago (134.5) proof and try as I may I just can't seem to gather a taste for it...

It it makes you feel any better (but I'm sure it won't), W12 seems to have disappeared from N Texas over the past couple of months. This was the only place I've seen any lately, and they had 5 bottles left.

I took one for myself, and left the rest for other poor souls.

This one is on my list passed one up earlier this yr, and regretted it, had a taste afterwards and I do like it the best out of what I have tasted from that series, SB and the SmB, the rye was pretty tasty as well. On another note , do they still make the Sour mash version, used to see that around but haven't for a long time.

This one is on my list passed one up earlier this yr, and regretted it, had a taste afterwards and I do like it the best out of what I have tasted from that series, SB and the SmB, the rye was pretty tasty as well. On another note , do they still make the Sour mash version, used to see that around but haven't for a long time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.