E.H. Taylor Barrel Proof

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I keep drinking this thinking I'll find something I'll object to. Found it: a little expensive and I didn't buy two. This one's almost gone.

Found multiple bottles of this in Kentucky last week. A damn good pour, and given todays prices not too far out of line.

I keep drinking this thinking I'll find something I'll object to. Found it: a little expensive and I didn't buy two. This one's almost gone.

I really like the CEHT1B but after thinking about it, I've never tried the BP. If Mrs. Jvd99 sticks with tradition, I'll get a nice gift card for my go-to shop for Christmas and I'll pick one up.

I really like the CEHT1B but after thinking about it, I've never tried the BP. If Mrs. Jvd99 sticks with tradition, I'll get a nice gift card for my go-to shop for Christmas and I'll pick one up.

If you like the single barrel and don't mind the higher proof, you'll like the barrel proof. I initially thought it was way too hot, but letting the glass sit for 10 minutes allowed it to really show its merits. Granted, it's still strong and rather hot, but you get that really spicy, strong flavor profile of the single barrel, just more intense. It seems closer to George T. Stagg than Stagg Jr., at least to me.

I've had a couple bottles of the first batch I believe, and it is something I really, really enjoy. If I see it in the wild I will buy more. I love the woody, earthy flavor. Tastes much lighter than it actually is. Sweet and it tastes like dirt. Very high on my list of great bourbons!

Been searching all over Michigan, with no luck. Still can't find a bottle. It is discouraging on how difficult it is to fine anything work drinking anymore.

Still havwn't opened this one. Thinking this will be my celebration pour if/when the Cowboys win a playoff game next week.

Still havwn't opened this one. Thinking this will be my celebration pour if/when the Cowboys win a playoff game next week.

I will open mine when the Lions beat the Cowboys tomorrow.

Just opened mine (129 pf). Wow! It's the best first pour from a bottle I can remember and it is definitely one of, if not the top bottle I picked up in 2014. I debated for a while before I picked it up a few months ago and I'm really glad I pulled the trigger. I haven't seen it again since, but if I do, I will definitely grab more!

I will open mine when the Lions beat the Cowboys tomorrow.

Raising a glass to you Awachatz!

24-20 COWBOYS! (Hell of a game!)

post-10866-14489821845364_thumb.jpg

OK, it's got some heat, but the flavor is so intense, it cuts right through the heat.

My throat is pretty sore from yelling for almost 4 hours straight at cowboys Stadium, but this is numbing it up quite nicely.

Going to give the rest of the pour a few minutes to air out and see where it goes.

Very nice, so far.

Congratulations Kj! It was a great game! I am sure that CEHT BP will help you feel even better!

Raising a glass to you Awachatz!

24-20 COWBOYS! (Hell of a game!)

Have to admit, that the Cowboys deserved to win. Hopefully they can kick Green Bay's butt as well. Now that my lowly Lions have been eliminated, I will need to wait for Michigan football for any football enjoyment.

I will raise a glass back at you KJ once you guys beat the packers!

• 1 month later...

I just opened my 135.4 proofer last night and found it highly enjoyable. I believe that whoever refers to this as the "real Stagg Jr" is spot on.

Don't know when I'll be opening the 129er yet.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the EHTBP is a single barrel or batch?

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the EHTBP is a single barrel or batch?

Hey need some help, if anyone has a empty bottle of the 129 proof that they are tossing, can you try and get the label off and take a picture of it flat (with the tabs)and send it to me or post it, I need it for my 50 ml collection, also need the SmB, and the rye. Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

Took a tour at Buffalo Trace yesterday and went through the bottling line at the end. They were bottling EH Taylor Barrel Proof (which happens to be my favorite) and it looks like this year's batch will be at 127.2 proof.

I got a bottle of this a few weeks ago after I returned from Lexington. I had a few buddies over to pick up the bottles I had purchased for them and to have a few drinks. One of them brought over his Cured Oak and I think I prefer this over that to be honest. Full disclosure I'm big on barrel proofers. Wonder if anybody else had the same conclusion?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.