Parker's Heritage Collection 8th

jwacky
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I recently swapped samples with a fellow SBer. I have the 127.4 and he had the 126.8 so hopefully both of us will get a chance to do a SBS soon.

Don't forget to throw the HHSSs into the mix - being my sole premium wheaters, I always like to hear how they compare.

Don't forget to throw the HHSSs into the mix - being my sole premium wheaters, I always like to hear how they compare.

Not any real comparison for me. The PHC8 is great. The HHSS, especially for whatever reason a nearly empty bottle from the first barrel that has been open for awhile, is still better! But I am happy to add it to the comparison, hopefully this Wednesday, to get the opinion of others!

I had a chance to SBS the 2 releases along with the HHSS. Between the Parker's I have a slight preference for the 126.8 as it seems smoother with less of the acetone aftertaste I often get from Wheat Whiskey. The HHSS is hands down the winner in this tasting though. I have to say that this PH release is my least favorite of the last 3. post-10172-14489821769058_thumb.jpg

^^^^ Thanks for the notes!! Look forward to more of these SBS tastings. The last three PHC releases are so different. It took me a while to warm up the Blend of Mashbills, but by the end of the bottle I was really sorry to see it in the recycle bin. I loved POH from the get go. For me, PHC8 took an ice cube to find my sweet spot. It is a pour I look forward to and will buy more if I can find at a reasonable price. IS the HHSS available for purchase anywhere?

^^^^ Thanks for the notes!! Look forward to more of these SBS tastings. The last three PHC releases are so different. It took me a while to warm up the Blend of Mashbills, but by the end of the bottle I was really sorry to see it in the recycle bin. I loved POH from the get go. For me, PHC8 took an ice cube to find my sweet spot. It is a pour I look forward to and will buy more if I can find at a reasonable price. IS the HHSS available for purchase anywhere?

I had a chance to SBS the 2 releases along with the HHSS. Between the Parker's I have a slight preference for the 126.8 as it seems smoother with less of the acetone aftertaste I often get from Wheat Whiskey. The HHSS is hands down the winner in this tasting though. I have to say that this PH release is my least favorite of the last 3. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19869[/ATTACH]

Glad to hear some positive notes on the 126.8 (since that what both my bottles are). I like it quite a bit too.

• 5 months later...

I know there hasn't been much discussion about the PHC Wheat Whiskey in a while, but I am still enjoying mine, and am glad to have two more bottles in the bunker. Interestingly, once I saw my first bottles in the wild and bought a few of them, I never saw another bottle again. This must have been quite a limited release.

This whiskey was a huge letdown for me. It was so harsh and bitter. I tried rectifying it with the standard Bernheim - no luck. It was the batch that Sku mentioned being horrible compared to the other released batch. Unfortunately I have two bottles that I may never finish.

Well, maybe it's an opportunity for you to gift a bottle. Perhaps a win-win for someone you know who might enjoy it.

I am actually having a pour right now. It's certainly a big, bold, unique whiskey. It's not one I reach for regularly, but that's fine. It's one to have every once in a while when I fancy an interesting pour. And I might add, it really needs to air out in the glass for at least 20 minutes or so. Flavors have improved as it's been sitting in the glass--neat. Obviously, not for everyone though.

I really enjoy it. Not my favorite or anything, but certainly a premium pour. I always like PHC. Looking forward to their next release.

Thanks for the reminder about PHC8. Having a pour now and really enjoying the spice.

Thanks for the reminder about PHC8. Having a pour now and really enjoying the spice.

What's the proof on your bottle? If you don't mind my asking.

What's the proof on your bottle? If you don't mind my asking.

It was the batch that wasn't well liked, whichever proof that was. I do get some bitterness, but nothing overpowering.

I've only had the 127.4 proof batch, but I think it's excellent whiskey.

I've only had the 127.4 proof batch, but I think it's excellent whiskey.

i probably posted this earlier in this thread but tasted both releases side by side blind and easily picked the 127.4 as the best by a mile. The 126.8(IIRC on the proof) was hot and unbalanced. The 127.4 can stand up to the last few WLWs.

I loved my bottle and I think it's one of the best non-bourbon American whiskeys I've had. It was the 127.4 tho.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.