2015 Booker's roundtable?

flaminiom
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eyes open.

It's not a big deal. I'm good for a bottle of Booker's a year and might as well look for the one that's a little unique.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently it's 2014-6, although I find this confusing way of saying it:

Currently available nationwide, Booker’s® Bourbon Batch No. 2014-6, the second to last batch of 2014 and the Roundtable’s last selection this year, was chosen based on the following characteristics:

http://www.beamsuntory.com/news/press-releases/bookers-bourbon-roundtable-selects-their-final-batch-of-2014#.VH-8K6TF-YQ

Apparently it's 2014-6, although I find this confusing way of saying it:

Currently available nationwide, Booker’s® Bourbon Batch No. 2014-6, the second to last batch of 2014 and the Roundtable’s last selection this year, was chosen based on the following characteristics:

http://www.beamsuntory.com/news/press-releases/bookers-bourbon-roundtable-selects-their-final-batch-of-2014#.VH-8K6TF-YQ

Does anybody know if that will be the batch number that shows up on the label? Or will it be in the B07-C-07 format?

Does anybody know if that will be the batch number that shows up on the label? Or will it be in the B07-C-07 format?

i saw a 2014-6 on the shelf today, $52. a bit high for Booker's around here, but that is that store's regular price for Booker's for the past few years. Having just gotten a 2014-7 a few weeks ago and having a fourth of a 2013-7 still open, Im in no need of it. If it were sub $45 though....

I've seen labels with 2014-6, so I guess that's how they're labeling it.

i saw a 2014-6 on the shelf today, $52. a bit high for Booker's around here, but that is that store's regular price for Booker's for the past few years. Having just gotten a 2014-7 a few weeks ago and having a fourth of a 2013-7 still open, Im in no need of it. If it were sub $45 though....

I know of only one store in Indy that still prices it below $50. You may want to start bunkering at $45.

I know of only one store in Indy that still prices it below $50. You may want to start bunkering at $45.

Kroger's got them on sale right now for $45. Many places around here have them regularly at $48. Ive seen no Booker's price increases....yet. I only buy maybe two bottles a year, so it doesnt worry me much anyway

I bunkered at $29 a couple of weeks ago until I realized OGD 114 was a better deal at $16.

where do you live.....Mrs Fox and I are planning a trip and I need to put wherever that is on the list

I bunkered at $29 a couple of weeks ago until I realized OGD 114 was a better deal at $16.

That sounds like Minnesota prices. Is that where you are?

That sounds like Minnesota prices. Is that where you are?

Wow, $29 is a heck of a deal. I live in the Minneapolis area, and the lowest price I usually see is $39.99.

At 29 you buy all of it.

Yes, you do! In OH, regular old Booker's is $63. I hate to even contemplate what flahute must pay.

Yes, you do! In OH, regular old Booker's is $63. I hate to even contemplate what flahute must pay.

flahute also pays $63, but with about 25% tax added to that.

flahute also pays $63, but with about 25% tax added to that.

So, $78.75 then. At least in OH $63 is the out-the-door price. But I never pay OH prices either preferring to stock up for $20 less in KY. Never yet shopped in MN but will next summer.

Got one yesterday (actually, a gift for someone) at $50. Didn't even bother to check if it was a Roundtable batch, maybe because I'm unlikely to be drinking much if any of it myself.

So, $78.75 then. At least in OH $63 is the out-the-door price. But I never pay OH prices either preferring to stock up for $20 less in KY. Never yet shopped in MN but will next summer.

I don't have a recent receipt, but that sounds about right. I only did that once. I've since found it in MN for $39.99 which is much more palatable.

• 2 months later...

I traded for a bottle a few weeks back and it's one of the tastiest bourbons I've ever tried. When I stumbled upon 6 bottles of C07-B-7 in Massachusetts last week, I knew I had to buy them all. Does anyone know what batch number the 2015 roundtable pick is?

By the way, they were priced at $46.99ea.

Though C07-B-7 is the roundtable pick for 2014, it has been reported that some of these bottles have also been labeled 2014-6. C07-B-7 is 7 years 2 months old and 130.8 proof, 2014-6 is 7 years 2 months 14 days old and 127.7 proof. Are reports that 2014-6 is a roundtable pick erroneous, or do such variations regarding alcohol content and age regularly occur within batches? If such variation is the norm, wouldn't flavor also be affected?

Has anyone else noticed that both the 2014 Bookers 25th Anniversary and 2014 C07-B-7 roundtable pick have identical proofs at 130.8?

Edited by Night Gallery

I don't have a recent receipt, but that sounds about right. I only did that once. I've since found it in MN for $39.99 which is much more palatable.

• 4 weeks later...
Reading the comments section of this post http://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/2014/05/in-which-i-help-pick-your-next-bottle.html

"Chuck Cowdery said...

The Beam folks got back to me very quickly with an answer. The marketing folks are trying to get manufacturing to use the easy-to-read "2014-4" numbering system. In the meantime, the most recent batch I helped select is labeled Batch No. C07-B-7. It's probably not in stores just yet, but watch for it.

July 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM"

OK, I checked back in after vowing to take a long break to share the view that this C07-B-7 batch is excellent in my view. I like sweet bourbons, so that aspect may not appeal to everyone, but it has great somewhat tannic spicecake and sweet notes to it. This is one of very very few recently that I would get another bottle of at the regular rate of around $55-60 in these parts.

Mr. Cowdery was mistaken when he said the roundtable pick for 2014 was C07-B-7 - it is actually 2014-6, which he recently acknowledged to me on his blog. So while C07-B-7 is a mighty tasty bourbon, it is NOT, nor will it ever be a roundtable selection.

Mr. Cowdery was mistaken when he said the roundtable pick for 2014 was C07-B-7 - it is actually 2014-6, which he recently acknowledged to me on his blog. So while C07-B-7 is a mighty tasty bourbon, it is NOT, nor will it ever be a roundtable selection.

That's interesting. Well, I guess unless we see an actual press release from Beam, we shouldn't conclude that it is a roundtable. I still like the C07-B-7, and may get more, which is becoming increasingly uncommon as prices keep rising.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.