What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

FR night last night. GBS-OESK, and FR-125 in the glass.

Gotta love the holidays. :grin:

Happy Holidays to all SB'ers.

FR night last night. GBS-OESK, and FR-125 in the glass.

Gotta love the holidays. :grin:

Happy Holidays to all SB'ers.

Ahh the holidays.. Drink rich, eat rich and go broke ??

Ahh the holidays.. Drink rich

I'm determined to do just that. Started last night with some Eagle River private selection FR OBSV and OBSQ. Usually I like the Q a little bit better but yesterday the V was king.

Store picked 4RSB OESK - absolutely incredible. Need to get another bottle before they sell out! You don't see many stores around here that get a 4RSB other than the usual recipe.

Tonight was a heavy pour of FR1B Store Select OESO at 110 proof. Then a heavy pour of EHT Rye. Followed by a decent pour of Town Branch. Love the first two, the last isn't bad, but isn't anything special enough that I'd purchase again (especially at 80 proof). Trying to empty the bottle to make room for others honestly.

A healthy pour of JB Black. I hadn't had it in a while and decided to try it again, so I picked up a bottle. Yet again it's pleasant but uninspiring, smooth but lacking personality. I need to remind myself to just stick with OGDBiB, OGD114, and KC when I go with Beam products. Depending on my mood, I may have myself a pour of OESK I picked up a while ago. Interesting that others are dipping into that tonight. If you want personality, OESK brings it, a bourbon that I would imagine Darth Vader would drink. Next I want to try OESV, OESQ, or OESO.

^^^^OESK is one of my favorites. I'm also a big fan of OESQ and OESV.

Today was my last day of work for the year so I kicked off the holiday with a Baby Saz at lunch. After work, with one of my colleagues, I had Old Fitzgerald 12 yr for the first time. It's a lovely smooth wheater that I'd happily buy and keep on hand if it was available. I don't like it as much as Weller 12, but it's a good complement.

We followed that with a half pour of Jefferson's Ocean just to satisfy our curiosity. I actually liked it despite being prepared not to. I don't see myself paying $80ish for it - it's not that good - but it was a unique pour.

We finished with Ezra Brooks 12yr. I've been curious about it, and have heard others here mention it favorably. I have to say I agree. A much better value at $30. I think I'll add this one to the bar and skip the Ocean.

Wrapping up a head cold, so not enjoying anything completely yet, but having access to the old man's collection requires a bit of "sucking it up". So, I poured some FR OBSO, as well as OFBB '14. Can only imagine what each is like on better days, but enjoyed them none the less. Always happy to be home for the holidays!

Some TPS FR OESK, even though I'm a B recipe guy, this is pretty hit the spot tasty

Last night I enjoyed lot b, MMCS, rock Hill, and ceht SB.

Nice night of drinking indeed. I have had everything you listed with exception of MMCS. It has not made its way to VA yet.

Had a drink from my mystery vatt and had to polish off my remainder off a WT8YO. Filled an empty 200ml, and the neck of a new 101, then cleaned.up the rest. Oaky!

Interested in seeing how the two mingle over time.

Sipping some Elmer T while smoking a meatloaf on the Weber kettle for Christmas Eve. 3 bottles left at my local. They are going to have a buyer if they are around on Friday.

First drink tonight. Fantastic! Always love the PHC4th. Great and balance. Nice nose, complex and thick taste, and super long finish.

post-2364-14489821831349_thumb.jpg

That went down too fast. Now starting on a W18 Barrel 43! Will be excellent.

post-2364-14489821831648_thumb.jpg

Edited by tigerlam92

Opened the ETL Comm for the first time. Very nice.
the extra kick is just about perfect for the ETL Comm. Wow a great pour.

Munchkin in bed. Presents under the tree. Christmas Vacation playing. Booker's 25 in the glass. Merry Christmas!!

Munchkin in bed. Presents under the tree. Christmas Vacation playing. Booker's 25 in the glass. Merry Christmas!!
Edited by 393foureyedfox

It is becoming a Christmas Eve tradition for me to break out lots of the good stuff. Tonight I had some 2014 ORVW, MWND, HHSS2, 2013 WLW, Rhetoric, and a gift shop bottle of 11+ year OBSO. Might be one of the better lineups of all time for me (excluding gazebo and GBS events of course haha).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!