What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

so poured some Abe Bowman Pioneer Spirit (137.9).

).

My first thought was "the bourbon king of Chicago?" when I read that.

After the first work day of the year, I'm having a couple of pours of Larceny.

If I didn't have a few bottles of this already stashed away, I'd be buying a few more. I was out yesterday and stopped in at a store I haven't been to in a while. Most of the stuff they had was average or a little above average price wise. Except for Larceny. They had it for $18.99. Second cheapest I've ever seen it.

Decided to visit an old friend I've been neglecting, so I'm having a large pour of ECBP (act III). Oh, how I've missed thee...

Decided to visit an old friend I've been neglecting, so I'm having a large pour of ECBP (act III). Oh, how I've missed thee...

After the first work day of the year, I'm having a couple of pours of Larceny.

If I didn't have a few bottles of this already stashed away, I'd be buying a few more. I was out yesterday and stopped in at a store I haven't been to in a while. Most of the stuff they had was average or a little above average price wise. Except for Larceny. They had it for $18.99. Second cheapest I've ever seen it.

Ezra Brooks while watching "The Hustler". This has got to be in the top ten if not #1 Bourbon call movies. I lost count of how many JTS Brown calls there were.

Ted

Thanks to a very generous SBer, I'm enjoying some OWO from 1973. They sure don't make wheaters like this anymore.

Started the night with standard 4R SmB. Matriculated up to '14 4R LE SmB. Now the wife is requesting Sazeracs so it looks like I'm moving on to mixed drinks now.

A few pours of the OESF I bought today. Really loving the minty, fruitiness, that I am getting from this one.

Tonight a nice 11yr WFE brbn picked by west Lakeview liquors in Chicago shared with friends in nola. Then some w12 and gts14. Anissette is screaming out of gts14, the WFE tastes like grapes.

Watching the next to last CFB bowl game while enjoying a nice pour of ETL from a new bottle. I sometimes forget how smooth and flavorful this bourbon is.

Watching the Pirates losing to Florida, but enjoying some Michter's Toasted Barrel Finish after a bit of WSR.

A generous Pour of Larceny. One of the best bargains in Bourbon today... especially if you like a wheater as well as a more 'usual' (rye mashbill) dram. Very Nice easy drinker.

Joe, how do you compare this to the various Old Fitzgeralds it has seemingly replaced? The Old Fitz's are no longer available around here, and neither is Larceny for that matter, but I can at least get Larceny online if need be. I'm looking for a reasonably priced wheater (besides MM) now that the Weller products have gone the way of hens teeth.

I've had both OldFitzBiB and Larceny. I enjoy both. To my palate, OldFitzBiB is spicier and has a bit more kick at the back end, and Larceny is dangerously smooth and enjoyable. I prefer Larceny over MM and Weller SR, which I haven't seen around here lately. I've read rumors that OldFitzBiB is going away, but I've found it at Binny's whenever I get to one around here. I hope HH keeps OldFitzBiB going.

Started out before lunch with a little blind tasting of OBSK and OBSO. Not sure I could pick a winner - loved different things about each of them! Keeping it simple this afternoon by targetting some low fills: AAA 10 Star followed by some 1792 RR.

Started Saturday with Dant and coffee. Inexpensive and Bottled in Bond may not be words of the highest praise but who wants to sing praises in the morning anyway.

I've had both OldFitzBiB and Larceny. I enjoy both. To my palate, OldFitzBiB is spicier and has a bit more kick at the back end, and Larceny is dangerously smooth and enjoyable. I prefer Larceny over MM and Weller SR, which I haven't seen around here lately. I've read rumors that OldFitzBiB is going away, but I've found it at Binny's whenever I get to one around here. I hope HH keeps OldFitzBiB going.

Thanks for the notes! I think I'll order some Larceny. Nothing to lose really.

Switching off to a heavy pour of OGD114 while grilling a couple of NY Strips on the grill.

Went to a local bar and had a pour of the Wild Turkey Diamond. Nice pour but would not need a bottle of it.

Sipping on OFBB14. Thinking about trading my other bottle to a local gentleman for his ceht BP.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!