What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a nice little tastings with some friends last night. Started out with a Washington Island Wheat whiskey that someone had received as a sample. If you ever get the chance, don't bother. Then went to the Parkers Heritage wheat, obviously a huge step up. Some Basil Hayden, some Bookers (had some a week ago and it was fabulous, last night just struck me as so-so, funny how tastes change) and then Bourye. The Bourye was the clear winner of the evening for me. Just a really good pour.

Watching more CFB. Started with a pour of ER, then Blanton's, and now CETHBP. Each one progressively up in proof and taste, yum yum.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and/or Hannukah and/or etc! Happy new year!

My house renovation continues. Things are getting more towards the completed stage. We have a new roof (and a new dining room ceiling, because of rainwater leaks when they were doing the flashing work), new paint in the kitchen and dining room, cabinets going in, appliances have arrived.

I've been so busy there's been almost no time to relax and contemplate life with a glass of fine whiskey. However, I needed to clear out the cabinet bar in the living room so it can be moved to the middle of the floor, so the painters can have access. To move this 6-foot-long mahogany monster requires removing most of the bottles, and moving the glassware down to a lower shelf where it can't fall. When ready, it will just slide around on felt feet.

I discovered a bottle of OGD114 with about two pours left in it that I thought was long gone. I poured a hefty glass (empty bottles don't need to be packed for storage), and started putting bottles in to liquor store boxes. Lots of bottles in the back that I haven't seen in a while that may need a brief revisit...

The cases of bottles will go off to the storage unit, and we'll lose the use of another room in the house for a couple of days... we're down to just the bedrooms and upstairs bathroom...

Working on my bottle of Michters barrel toasted no. 1 bourbon. I really like this one, glad I was persuaded to try this at my local! Gonna put a hurtin' on this bottle tonight!

Tonight was/has been CEHT BP 2012, ECBP, SS 4R SB and bow back to ECBP with a bit of champagne in between.

Last evening I poured out the last of a 'multi-mingle' I made from the barrels offered (ALL of 'em!) to those of us picking for the GBS Four Roses barrel selection(s) last year. Been saving that last couple ounces for the occasion. LOVELY stuff!

Happy New Year to all the good folx here on SB.com!

Last night was some Michters Toasted Barrel, followed by some CEHTSB, and topped off by a little bit of GTS'14. Really wish I wasn't coming down with a cold of some kind. Would've been a tastier night. Oh well....it's about time for some more "medicine". :-)

Started with a 4RSmB and following up with a small pour of the ECBP. I going to miss the ECBP when it is gone because trying to find a replacement has been tough.

Wanted to test out Steel Ice on a high proofer, so poured some Abe Bowman Pioneer Spirit (137.9). They definitely do their job - chilled it from room temp to 52 degrees in about 2 minutes! Still need to add some water, but it definitely cut the heat some (and way better than the Whiskey Stones).

Finally! I can taste again! I did some tasting at a local's house a couple days ago and so many whiskeys came out, many at barrel proof, that I managed to numb my taste buds for a couple days after. New Year's Eve was a wash - nothing tasted right - so I gave up and drank nothing. Now that I'm back in action, some OFBB is kicking off the day. Now I need to choose something good for the Ohio State game (I live in Seattle, but I'm from Ohio). I think some age stated WT101 8yr sounds good.

Last night I was in bed early, but today I am working on some Weller 12 year I had to hunt down for last 2 months. It's tasty and nice watching FSU lose.

Opened a bottle of Larceny, this bottle is a little better than my last one.

Nice pour!

Working on finishing a flask of Virgin Bourbon 101 I had from last night. The QPR on it is crazy.

AAA 10 year. My first time with this. Reminds me of ETL but with a dry finish. I like it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!