What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Don't want to start a new thread with a non-bourbon purchase, so I'll start by saying I grabbed a bottle of new label OGD Bonded today.

I had been eyeing the Kavalan Soloist Single malts (Sherry, Bourbon, Vinho, etc.) and when I saw the Vinho had been named the big winner at the World Whiskies Awards, I figured I better grab one before they all disappeared (Not to mention, there were several of the Bourbon finished on the shelf).

While I was there, grabbed a SAOS Rye, and the aforementioned OGD.

Posted in the wrong season. Was able to find 2 bottles of CEHT Cured Oak for $74.99 each. Left 3 on the shelf.

Got a store selection of SAOS (Nicholson's) and a Forged Oak from a good friend on SB, can't wait to try them

Not really a purchase today, but I was gifted a bottle of old HMcKenna BIB from a very generous fellow SBer! Have never tried any McKenna so looking forward to giving this a try.

bd0587b7d3079bd10e08cba96fdbf1b2.jpg

A good week so far

2 X OFBIB handles

3 X HH6BIB

CEHT SB

ET 100 (just cause I hadn't seen it before)

3 X 101 bought one tried it in the store and picked up 2 more

4RSB OBSO and OESQ ( now only missing one recipe)

7 X HMcKENNA 10 BIB from 01 with the old label

Six shown as I gave one to another SB'r who helped me on some of the others while in the Homeland

bd0587b7d3079bd10e08cba96fdbf1b2.jpg

A good week so far

2 X OFBIB handles

3 X HH6BIB

CEHT SB

ET 100 (just cause I hadn't seen it before)

3 X 101 bought one tried it in the store and picked up 2 more

4RSB OBSO and OESQ ( now only missing one recipe)

7 X HMcKENNA 10 BIB from 01 with the old label

Six shown as I gave one to another SB'r who helped me on some of the others while in the Homeland

nice haul. Still trying to find some OFBIB by me. Only see the prime.

As the weather warms up I was in the mood for something with a lower proof so I picked up an EWSB.

Spotted a Booker's 2014-6 on the shelf. My first roundtable selection. I have too many bottles open now, so in to the bunker it goes until I make some room. $51.99 here in NJ.

Picked up a bit of an oddity today. SAOS store pick 9yr BP bourbon at the extra low barrel proof of 99.8 proof. I emailed Smooth Ambler about it and John Foster confirmed that they had a run of barrels with an unusually low proof. Very curious to try this one.

I had a friend send me a bottle of Forged Oak; looking forward to opening it very soon.

Posted in the wrong season. Was able to find 2 bottles of CEHT Cured Oak for $74.99 each. Left 3 on the shelf.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Cured Oak. Hasn't made it's way to GA yet and I'm really looking forward to it.

And I'm saving up for a run to KY next weekend, so just a 750 of EWBIB

Edited by GAbiker

Three bottles of OWA. Couldn't have come at a better time. I've been nursing my last fifth for the longest while now.

Picked up a bit of an oddity today. SAOS store pick 9yr BP bourbon at the extra low barrel proof of 99.8 proof. I emailed Smooth Ambler about it and John Foster confirmed that they had a run of barrels with an unusually low proof. Very curious to try this one.

Wow, that is a low barrel proof! I believe the lowest BP I have ever seen was 103 and it wasn't an SOAS. I have seen a few SOAS around 108 proof. I know Crown just got one in that is 109.6 proof.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Cured Oak. Hasn't made it's way to GA yet and I'm really looking forward to it.

And I'm saving up for a run to KY next weekend, so just a 750 of EWBIB

I'll post my notes in the Premium thread about Cured Oak.

Bought my first bottles in quite a bit of time. Picked up 3 bottles of Evan Williams BIB, and another Old Ezra 7/101 for the bunker. Can't resist picking up another bottle of Old Ezra when I come across them. Out the door for about $80 for the 4 bottles--that's how I prefer to roll these days, with my bunker overflowing.

Resisted the urge to spend too much money so I settled on OGD 114.

haha... this is exactly what happened to me. was thinking of picking up a bottle of Japanese Whiskey, Hibiki 12 year, and decided I shouldn't be paying $70 for anything else right now so I settled on an OGDBiB.

Resisted the urge to spend too much money so I settled on OGD 114.

That's a smart move that I never regret making.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!