What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Snagged a WTRB...at $34-36 you just cant go wrong

Exactly........................

Was very happy to find some Old Heaven Hill BIB on the shelf today... I was all ready over my weekly budget but I will be going back to this store next week to clean them out!!!

post-10338-1448982214823_thumb.jpg

havent seen one of those OHHBIBs in quite a while. theyre dusties now, ya know, having pretty much just been supplanted with EWBIB at a few bucks more. I like the gold label too, and grabbed a half dozen of em last summer when the rumor began.

clean em out!

[ATTACH]20508[/ATTACH]

Tasted it last night and went back for two more.

Based on what I've read, I'm hoping to track one down.

Bought a bottle of bowman brothers at the a. Smith Bowman distillery today. Can't wait till the new Abraham bowman comes out. Will be making another drive down there when it comes out.

I bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve rye today. It was between that or Town branch rye. I choose the Woodford because it was a few dollars cheaper and I'm curious. Pouring a glass tonight.

I was in the St. Louis area and went on a bit of a spree today: 1 FRSB, 1 EC12, 1 Henry McKennaBiB10yr, and 2 Old ForesterBiB. I've had regular Old Forester but not the BiB. Am enjoying it right now. I'm looking forward to trying the McKenna because I haven't found a HH product I haven't liked. I searched for some J.W. Dant in the two stores I visited, but Mr. Dant was not available. I thought about some Bowman but didn't pull the trigger.

I haven't had Old Forester in years. I like the high-rye profile though it doesn't seem as high of rye as OGD.

Managed to procure a Cured Oak. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to doing so, as virtually every review has been glowing.

Tony S. - I realize I should PM you but I'm not quite tech-savy enough to figure it out. I was in Madison to watch the game with some friends and stopped by some local stores looking for Cured Oak.... No luck but I did find a EHTBP. Did you procure that bottle locally? I understand if it's top secret information.

Tony S. - I realize I should PM you but I'm not quite tech-savy enough to figure it out. I was in Madison to watch the game with some friends and stopped by some local stores looking for Cured Oak.... No luck but I did find a EHTBP. Did you procure that bottle locally? I understand if it's top secret information.

Yeah Bobby, I did get it locally. But don't count on finding another one. I've scoured many of the locals in the past couple days, and only got that one via connections. I'm pretty sure you won't find it on a shelf. Best of luck if you can.

Sorry, newb question. Is Old Fitz BIB only available in Kentucky?

From my understanding, it's only available in a few states like KY, IN, IL etc. Of course, I could be completely wrong. I'm just hoping the gift shop is going to have some Old Fitz 12 when i get up there. Called gift shop last week and they said they weren't sure if they would have it available this week or the next. Sure hoping this week, won't be able to go back up again next week. But i do have a couple of bottles of Old Fitz BIB waiting for me in Luavull

Thanks for the reply. I am just down the road in Milwaukee and new to SB. I am hoping my local connections come through....... No luck yet.

Snagged a bottle of Makers 46 while traveling through South Carolina. $10 cheaper there than in Georgia.

WWSR and enjoying it, so is the wife. Was really happy to find a Old Weller Antique 107 again, been hard to find. The last bottle of W 107 I found 11 months ago got shipped to Japan when my brother went back home.

Was ecstatic to finally find a bottle of HH in CT. I like it.

Wife and I went to Bardstown for lunch. Decided to drive home via Jim Beam GS, where I picked up 3 bottles (375 ml) of the 11 yr high rye bourbon. Wife got a nice JB hoodie to add to her collection. Place was packed, kinda surprised for a Monday afternoon.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!