What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went out looking for some Weller 12 but only found over priced WSR and OWA. Passed on all those.

Grabbed a bottle of JBBIB(for BOTM) and Henry McKenna BIB. I'm on a BIB kick lately.

Saw Bookers "Dots Batch" on the shelf and picked up a couple as well as another OE101

Stagg Jr., batch #4 at 132.2 proof.

So batch 4 is out obviously?... Interesting. I bought so much of 1-2 when it came out I never even got around to getting batch 3.

I did not purchase OGD BiB today because BevMo has stopped carrying it. Still carry the 80 and 114 but 100 is history, at least in California. Lame.

Was bored today so went to check out a new store even though I said I was done buying for a while. Some of their stuff was well above State Min Price: Stagg Jr for $70 instead of $50min, Baby Saz for $35 instead of #28) but they had a nice selection and I found 4 new bottles I haven't tried before all at state min prices:

EWSB 2004, Fighting Cock, Big House (NDP but well reviewed and they are honest about being sourced) and a store pick BT all for $100 before sales tax and minus CC 1.5%. I also saw another huge beer/wine store on the way home that I am hoping might have a good selection of Bourbon given the size of the building.

I got some CEHTBP late last week, along with some CEHTSR, ABowman dbl barrel and some non-bourbon.

Got a bottle of ABowman coffee finished today.

I did not purchase OGD BiB today because BevMo has stopped carrying it. Still carry the 80 and 114 but 100 is history, at least in California. Lame.

Did they purposefully stop carrying it or are they just out of the old label while waiting for the new label to come in? Here, Total Wine has been out of the BIB for a few months now.

CEHTBP 129, couldn't resist.

I couldn't resist either a few weeks ago...how much was it (if you don't mind I ask)??

Jan

Did they purposefully stop carrying it or are they just out of the old label while waiting for the new label to come in? Here, Total Wine has been out of the BIB for a few months now.

It is no longer listed in their computer system, which I am told means that it is not "out of stock" -- rather it means it is not carried by BevMo anymore.

The new label is on the shelf at other stores in the area though. I am just irritated that BevMo dropped one of its relatively few really good bourbons when it carries so many, and many of those it carries are utterly crappy. If they had to drop an OGD, why not drop the 80 proof instead? If you really want 80 proof OGD, you can buy Basil Hayden, which they also carry.

I couldn't resist either a few weeks ago...how much was it (if you don't mind I ask)??

Jan

I''m not the OP, but I passed on a Taylor Barrel Proof at $90. Just bought a bottle last week and love it, but couldn't bring myself to buy another. I guess I've been lucky to find it on shelves.

If they had to drop an OGD, why not drop the 80 proof instead? If you really want 80 proof OGD, you can buy Basil Hayden, which they also carry.

You know the answer to that... $$$$$....

I'd guess BevMo makes mo money on the 80 proof, so presumably people buy the 80 proof more, so presumably people don't know the correlation to BH.

You know the answer to that... $$$$$....

I'd guess BevMo makes mo money on the 80 proof, so presumably people buy the 80 proof more, so presumably people don't know the correlation to BH.

Yeah, of course that is true. Still pissed though. I wanted to find a use for my $10 off $50 coupon, and three bottles of BiB was the plan. Walked out empty handed.

Anyway, it is getting easier and easier to walk out of stores empty handed these days. Typically anything the store has that I might consider buying, I have at least one of already. I am pretty happy drinking the bunker these days. Is this the onset of bourbon zen? Perhaps my BN is going into remission?

With both the Blackhawks and the Chicago Bulls in the playoffs, I've been entertaining lots of guests to watch the games and we've been flying through the booze so I had to replenish some basic stock (Evan Williams, Knob Creek and Wild Turkey) to keep the natives happy!

Just scored 4 bottles of Elmer T. Lee at the ABC store on my way up to my buddy's place in VA for $33.90 each plus tax. Left 2 on the shelf for somebody else. So happy I decided to stop!

post-11551-14489822333177_thumb.jpg

Not a purchase but a very nice SB'er helped me land two bottles of Weller 12. Unicorns in these parts.

post-11551-14489822333177_thumb.jpg

In southern Illinois on business. Came across two Stagg jr 132.1 and also picked up an old fitz prime. Strange combo I know.

Its been a good week to find some things that are hard to find in Tampa.

1- Stagg Jr

3-ETL

1- AE Rye

1-Rock Hills Farm

Arrived today from Davidsons Liqours in CO,

2- EC12 Store selections

1- SAOS 8yr store selection

1- HMSB

Gary

A local chain has a couple of sales going on this month that I just couldn't resist. EC12 for $22.97 and HH6BIB for $9.97.

No Eagle Rare on the store shelf so I picked up an Elijah Craig 12 and another Four Roses SB.

It was a great day since ETL is very tough to get in the state where it's made (maybe just my town)...

post-12485-14489822334509_thumb.jpg

...also got my hands on a favorite of mine Noah's Mill batch 14-86.

Jan

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!