What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up ECBP 7 @ 53.99. Was the only #7 on the shelf. Left the 3 bottles of #6 on the shelf as I already have a bottle.

four roses single barrel. it was on sale and the only store around here with private selection has obsv. considering its the same recipe, not sure if the $20 mark up is worth it over the standard single barrel?

EH Taylor barrel proof- found several places carrying it and bought a few. EH Taylor rye- I love this stuff, bought one to bunker. Abraham Bowman '14 double barrel- another one to bunker, loved the first bottle.

Left the house to get some things at Home Depot but made a detour and returned with bottles of Maker's 46, Yellow Spot and Boureye.

Left the house to get some things at Home Depot but made a detour and returned with bottles of Maker's 46, Yellow Spot and Boureye.

Heehee. What is that force that takes control of us like that?!?! :lol:

Picked up a case of ETL I had requested a few months ago anticipating this Spring release and 3 bottles of Old Ezra 101 since its on sale this month in NC and my bunker was getting low.

Had a friend text me from the FR GS today. They had OBSK and OBSV, my favs. However, both were just a little over 9yrs old, so I passed. At almost 11 yrs old, OBSQ was the winner, based on the opinions that the current BQ's are outstanding

EH Taylor barrel proof- found several places carrying it and bought a few. EH Taylor rye- I love this stuff, bought one to bunker. Abraham Bowman '14 double barrel- another one to bunker, loved the first bottle.

Walked into a store in my neighborhood to get a bottle of something cheap for the derby. Cured Oak was just sitting out. I know it has lukewarm reviews, so maybe I'll trade it for something.

Just finished off a bottle of Jim Beam Devils Cut, which is decent for what it is.

Now I'm on my first bottle of Blantons and it fantastic! It cost me $65 here in Canada but I think it's worth it.

Picked up a handle of OC101 today. I really enjoy this stuff.

I forgot to mention it; but a couple days ago, I grabbed the first bottle from a private pick of Four Roses that I (along with the owner and manager of my local retailer) chose a couple months ago. OESK, 113-proof.

Very nice selection. Wonderful nose. Smooth entry. A decent kick after that. Enough wood to be interesting. Spicy and complex in the middle, with a long and slowly fading, somewhat sweet finish. I like it a lot! :yum:

Picked up my first bottle of Noah's Mill in several years.

That little devil voice in my head (that somehow only takes over my mind in a liquor store aisle:rolleyes:) just wouldn't let me overlook a great sale price on something that is normally highly overpriced.

2x EC12 and a KC. I went in for the KC and a JBBIB, but saw that at this store at least, the run on EC12 is on so I picked up the last two and skipped the JBBIB for now.

That little devil voice in my head (that somehow only takes over my mind in a liquor store aisle:rolleyes:) just wouldn't let me overlook a great sale price on something that is normally highly overpriced.

I'll crack it pretty soon! It won't be what it once was, but neither am I. :grin:

At 101 proof, what the hell...

It is pricey, but there is something unique about the Noah's Mill taste; it is one my favorites in my bunker...enjoy.

Jan

Just got the MMCS 750s in stores by me so jumped on it. Lovin it so far.

My wife and I had to take a short trip out of town today. We stopped at a store I'd never been to before while on the way home. I bought an ER10. Once again, another purchase because the price was just too good to pass up. It usually goes from $32.99 to $38.99 around where I live. I paid $24.99. What can I say? :grin:

Found myself driving past the liquor store again today and the tractor beam from the Death Star (Total Wine) pulled me in once again.

This time I picked up the JBBIB I went in for the day before. Also an EWBIB because I've always been curious and want to do a SBS with HHBIB 6. Another ECBP, this one batch 7, and finally, a RR6yr Rye because I enjoy the WT101 rye and need to compare the two.

Oh boy.....the WN has a strong hold on me.

Picked up Booker's 15-2 first bottle of Booker's excited to see what it has in store for me.

Johnny Drum Private Stock for $26 and Weller 90 for $18. Tempted at a bottle of Stagg Jr, but passed at the $80 price tag.

Jan

Grabbed a bottle of the Old Forester 1870, despite some less than glowing reviews here.

Also picked up a bottle of Bitter Truth E**X**R, to try as an alternative to Vermouth to spice up a Manhattan a bit.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!