Fitz 20 year old?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally found a review for the Fitz 20!

OK, that was real good. :lol:

If that fella is on this site reading this, I tip my glass to him. Nice job.

:toast:

That was a pretty interesting review.

A different take on the usual; analyze for color, swirl, nose, nose some more, sip, chew a good bit, then analyze.

But, I have to say; Effective in the way it was apparently intended. Great Stuff! Hats Off!

(I hope he wasn't really guzzling that much whiskey!)

Now that's funny. :slappin: Reminds me of the wise words of Forrest Gump, "Stupid is, as stupid does." No disrespect intended. I readily admit I've bought my share of "stupid shit".

:crazy:

Cheers! Joe

That was a good one.... It sure looked as if he chugged that down. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to do.

I have to believe that wasn't actual whiskey in the bottle.

You can see him break the seal during the video, so it would take either careful editing or careful repair of the seal in order to pull that off.

I certainly wouldn't be feeling great after chugging that amount of bourbon, even if it is on the lower proof end of things.

You can see him break the seal during the video, so it would take either careful editing or careful repair of the seal in order to pull that off.

I certainly wouldn't be feeling great after chugging that amount of bourbon, even if it is on the lower proof end of things.

I saw that too, but I think a fake seal could easily be made if you have a friend with graphic design skills.

I saw that too, but I think a fake seal could easily be made if you have a friend with graphic design skills.

I think your looking to deep into it.

He had a direct message. Things have gotten stupid!

I think your looking to deep into it.

He had a direct message. Things have gotten stupid!

I don't think I am. It was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the video (no deep thinking at all) because chugging 375ml of whiskey is dangerous. It can be done of course but would any here try it? I totally got the message and agree with it! But the message is just as easily conveyed with a fake tax strip and iced tea.

Whether it was the actual bourbon or not, that is not his first time to guzzle a bottle of whiskey. The straw is key when you want to shotgun a bottle of whiskey, it allows air in to the bottle so the bottle is not gulping air. That's how he drink it so fast. I know this from experience, not that I'm proud of it, just saying. :drinking::drinking:

So Julian Van Winkle taught him the straw trick? Who's a thunk that JVW liked to chug his bourbon like that?

Never knew about the straw thing ..in the bottle, not the transferring method, I was wondering why he left the straw in the bottle, totally makes sense now. Still trying to convey .. stupidness by stupidness is stupid. Even if he did guzzle the actual contents, that's a lot of money to be throwing (chugging) away, unless he got it for free, not to mention the contents as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally cracked my bottle open...Two pours the first night and now one more 24 hours later.

Wow.  The nose on this is amazing!  I must have smelled my glass for a good 30 minutes before I decided to taste it.

And that's where things went for an unexpected turn...

It has a lot of the same taste profile of the Orphan Barrels, particularly Barterhouse and OB.  But then there was the kick.  Stagg Jr. 1st edition kind of kick.  Not sure if it's wood astringency...it sure isn't alcohol proof, but that...fire...it's pretty unique.  Definitely makes it an experience.  But like Stagg Jr (1st ed.), you either love it or hate it.

Will see if it changes any in the next few weeks.

Bottom line, if nothing else, it's worth it to just pour it into a glass, nose it for a while, then pour it back.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My bride surprised me with a bottle of this Tuesday for our anniversary after enlisting family manners in Bardstown to pick it up in release day at the GS. They had 69 bottles available and this was bottle 65. People including a very nice family member were lined up in the rain for the chance to purchase. 

I had a pour last night and it is a great whiskey. Forget the cost and judge the whiskey alone and it's better than any other 90 proof pour of any age I've ever had. 

Sometimes it's not about the money but about the whiskey and the thought behind it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to purchase a couple of half pour of Fitz 20 Saturday night during a friend's birthday dinner in NC. Since bottle was almost empty, the bar mgr divided the last half ounce into our glasses.   We both thought it was very good but agreed not worth the money.   Glad I passed up a bottle at VABC two months ago.   I did ask about the empty bottle, but state law in NC requires them to destroy.   Best they could do was let me take pictures.   We also tried several other hard to find bourbons at much more reasonable prices.   

image.jpeg

I guess them destroying it is a good way to prevent them back filing it with something lower quality. ..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.