What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

BT again tonight it's been this the last three since I brought my flask. Just poured the last of it good thing I'm headed home tomorrow.

I killed off my MM46 and switched up to a vatting I made of OGD114 and Motor City Gas Belly Up Bourbon (MCGBUB) and enjoying it with some munchies.

Must be a 4R night in Lex Dan, as I've basically stuck a straw in this private selection SB and sipped on it all week!

As I punch another hole into my cult membership card...:D

The FR cult is an easy one to join, welcome aboard!!

The FR cult is an easy one to join, welcome aboard!!

qft

btw, I am convinced OGD114 + anything else = awesome vatting

So far some Old Grand Dad 114

Then finished off the bottle of Eagle Rare. A nice healthy pour.

And BTW OGD 114 is damn delicious out of the fridge on a hot Alabama night.

Must be a 4R night in Lex Dan, as I've basically stuck a straw in this private selection SB and sipped on it all week!

As I punch another hole into my cult membership card...:D

After that fantastic OE 7yr 101 proof from lunch, my palate has taken a turn for the worse. So random how this can happen. It ended the extended rye bender I was on as the Baby Saz and CEHT rye I tried tonight just tasted terrible.

Well, a bad palate night can mean one thing and one thing only.....OGDBIB!! Bad palate night proof as always.

Steadfast, true, reliable, and proud - it's tasting as good as ever. I don't how this bourbon does it.

Sorry for the multiple posts - I usually wait until the end of the evening so I can report on all of the evening's pours in one post. I'm not being very disciplined tonight.

I figured that since OGDBIB is bad palate night proof that OGD 114 should be also, and boy was I ever correct. Though I know I like this one a lot, I haven't had it in quite some time because I've been working through some other first time bottles that were backed up in the queue. Revisiting OGD114 is very eye opening. It's so freaking good. I have 3 in the bunker but will be adding a few more before the price increases. So good!!!

Well, a bad palate night can mean one thing and one thing only.....OGDBIB!! Bad palate night proof as always.

Steadfast, true, reliable, and proud - it's tasting as good as ever. I don't how this bourbon does it.

I don't question it Steve . . . I just believe.

I figured that since OGDBIB is bad palate night proof that OGD 114 should be also, and boy was I ever correct. Though I know I like this one a lot, I haven't had it in quite some time because I've been working through some other first time bottles that were backed up in the queue. Revisiting OGD114 is very eye opening. It's so freaking good. I have 3 in the bunker but will be adding a few more before the price increases. So good!!!

agreed, I have bought 4 bottles this week and will probably go clear the shelves around me at the end of the month.

Started off with some Willett Pot Still Reserve in a marinade/glaze for salmon, then decided the cook needed a taste, and finally made a couple Old Fashioneds with it.

was enjoying some 1792 Binny's store pick while I was grilling some steaks out on the deck and found a few fruit flies in my drink. couldn't get them out of the glencairn glass so I poured it out... I cried a little bit cuz I was really enjoying the drink too.

I know, if it were just one I probably would've still drank it, but it was about 5 or 6... didn't want it to start to drink like pulpy orange juice.

I know, if it were just one I probably would've still drank it, but it was about 5 or 6... didn't want it to start to drink like pulpy orange juice.

Ahhhh, Don't be so negative! Besides the fact that the flies would punch up the protein factor, they were just doing what we all would love to do...

Diving into a pool waaaay-over-our-heads-deep, filled to an appropriate level with some nice Bourbon. You've just got to forgive the little dudes for that, right? HA!

Ahhhh, Don't be so negative! Besides the fact that the flies would punch up the protein factor, they were just doing what we all would love to do...

Diving into a pool waaaay-over-our-heads-deep, filled to an appropriate level with some nice Bourbon. You've just got to forgive the little dudes for that, right? HA!

I don't blame them at all, smelled some good bourbon and went right in, head first! the problem is, I don't like sharing my good bourbon ;)

I enjoyed some GBS OBSK last night after a grueling day at work, it hit the spot as it always does.

A fine mesh strainer is a whiskey saver and a thing of beauty...

A coffee filter can work in a pinch.

Finishing off this bottle, Four Roses Single Barrel. Nice to see it here in CO.

A nice pour of the 'new' Maker's Mark Cask Strength. See the other thread for my impressions.......

Having more of the FR OESF tonight. I like the F yeast some of the time, but I've never liked the Q's. The V's, O's and K's are usually my jam :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!