What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sipping on some of my WT101 that was infused with an oak spiral stave. As a result I was able to consolidate the first bottle with the second one I did which frees up some shelf space to consider opening another new bottle or two. Yippeeee!!!

Pulled up a '06 EWSB and pint of Bulleit Rye that I have had for a while and switched over to working on my Bernheim Wheat that is nearing the end of the bottle.

Never started watching "Suits", but I will be watching the latest episode of "Mr Robot" later tonight.

I am really enjoying this show too. Watched the first 3 ep's over the past few days.

Drinking some good ol' W.L. Weller Special Reserve on ice with a splash of well water... Just something about that good fresh limestone filtered water to release those subtle hidden flavors!

Water + Ice? I have never added water to a bourbon but am considering it next time I pour from the Stagg Jr. batch 1 I have open. I did ice early on, and even got some ice ball molds but anymore if it's too hot for something neat from the cabinet I keep a bottle or two of the cheaper stuff (FC103 and a couple small bottles of OGDBIB and WT101 currently) in the door of the fridge for a neat/chilled pour.

It depends on what I'm drinking and how I want to drink it. If it's something really good then it's neat or drizzled over a large chunk of ice and I savor it. If I'm in the mood to drink bourbon then it's over ice with well water. Limestone filtered well water opens up different flavors you don't always get when bourbon is taken neat. To my tastes it typically makes the caramel and vanilla and toffee stand out a bit, but I also get some other flavors with some bourbons.

I'd been a while, so I had a dabble of SB blend tonight. I think it was a pretty good decision...

I'd been a while, so I had a dabble of SB blend tonight. I think it was a pretty good decision...

great decision, I have a big bottle mingling in the back of my cabinet for later

This season is kind of a letdown to me so far. It's still a must-see because of the dearth of summer programming, but I'm hoping it didn't jump the shark before my eyes.

fyi - true detective and strike back are awesome if u arent watching yet

Had some OSSB 10y to start the night, now finishing off with some GDSB 9y. The GD 9y is some good whiskey....

Right now some Old charter 8 year old, finished a bottle of Old Fitzgerald with the upc number 88076. That Old Fitz and its BIB are hard to find in my area now. Will miss em.

Keeping it basic with some Evan Williams black label. Not complex but very drinkable.

fyi - true detective and strike back are awesome if u arent watching yet

Yea, saw season one of true detective and liked it. Don't have HBO so will watch season 2 on netflix. Funny you mention Strike Back - we got disc 1 of that series on netflix a couple weeks ago and after 15 minutes we were bored and gave up on it. I should probably give it more of a chance but ah well.

Sorry to threadjack; back to your regularly scheduling programming - drinking bourbon.

Yea, saw season one of true detective and liked it. Don't have HBO so will watch season 2 on netflix. Funny you mention Strike Back - we got disc 1 of that series on netflix a couple weeks ago and after 15 minutes we were bored and gave up on it. I should probably give it more of a chance but ah well.

Sorry to threadjack; back to your regularly scheduling programming - drinking bourbon.

I think ya gotta give it more time, but I haven't watched Strike Back yet so I guess I can't really say. it's next on my list after I finish watching Lost on netflix.

went out last night and both bars only had Beam products, so did a KC, MM, Booker's, MM46 and something called Tin Cup. I'm actually surprised I remembered all that after having that much bourbon.

Last night finished off an OGD114, then enjoyed some ETL, EWSB 01 and ended the night with a WT101/EB12SB/Old Bardstown estate vat.

After reading the rye thread I'm now craving rye... but already had three fingers of turkey in the glass.

So yeah, it's a tough job!

#butsomebodysgottadoit:rolleyes:

^I really need to try me some of that but the only place up here I have ever seen it was charging $10 over state min pricing so I didn't want to fork out $60.

I started the night with a pour of Belly Up Bourbon from Motor City Gas. Not bad but not great. About what I expected for a small cask young bourbon finished in a Rum barrel.

^I really need to try me some of that but the only place up here I have ever seen it was charging $10 over state min pricing so I didn't want to fork out $60.

Even here in Indy the new going rate for ECBP seems to be $60. It's worth it in my opinion.

ECBP with a splash of water. End of this bottle.

This is one that improved the longer it sat on the shelf.

B

Even here in Indy the new going rate for ECBP seems to be $60. It's worth it in my opinion.

Yes, I just hate supporting any business that charges over state min when everything else on their shelf I price checked was at state min. I will probably just try a pour of it at the bar some night.

AAA 10 Star - the butterscotch pudding came through tonight.

^I need to make a reminder to grab one of those to try. IIRC I saw some on the bottom shelf of a store I have only been to one time so far. Unfortunately it was in the same city I was at earlier today when picking up that Motor City Gas.

Switched over to a jigger of OGD114 and now some Bernheim Wheat. In bottle killing mode, working on the ones with the least in them.

Been on a "wheater" run as of late... Larceny over ice tonight.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!