What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Really digging Larceny since I cracked this bottle open this past weekend. So luscious and full for a reasonably priced wheater. Great neat or over ice or even with just a touch of water if I'm in the mood to simply drink it.

^I really need to try me some of that but the only place up here I have ever seen it was charging $10 over state min pricing so I didn't want to fork out $60.

Seriously man, it's more than worth it at that price. Get over your frugality and buy it already. It's one of the finest bourbons you will ever taste and it's only freaking $60. Just do it!!!

meh, I just dropped $800+ on 30 bottles and have 40+ bottles bunkered... I think it is time to be frugal.

I don't buy it! If it was at state minimum, you'd have it by now. You're allowing the state to dictate to you how much this should be worth (which is arbitrary, what do they know?) and I and many others are telling you it's worth it at $60. Now I hear ya given how much you just spent, but it's $10 you are quibbling about. Buy it and you will thank us later.

ok, lol you win. you just cost me $60 more dollars after spending $80 today on local bourbon I didn't need. :P

You should have skipped the local.......the ECBP will destroy it in a sbs.

Now I understand rooting for your local and wanting to support them (I've done it too), but most of the craft distillers have a long way to go.

Pour that ECBP, let it sit for a spell so some of the alcohol evaporates, and have a little water ready to add some drops as needed, and slip into nirvana.

Seriously man, it's more than worth it at that price. Get over your frugality and buy it already. It's one of the finest bourbons you will ever taste and it's only freaking $60. Just do it!!!

My only limit on this at that price would be how many bottles they would let me have, bunker be damned.

Last night was a SBS of GBS OBSK and OESO, fine examples of each recipe. Its been awhile since I have had them together and highlights just how varied and how damn good those 4R barrel proofers are.

You guys have shamed me into it, congrats. :P

You know it will cost me more than $60 though, cuz I can't just buy one bottle when I hit a liquor store.

Enjoyed some HM store select, Beam BIB and finished with Dant last night.

Ready for the weekend, cheers!

Can't even get a sniff of ECBP in KY (unless you are in the store when it comes in off the truck). 23 (three bottle) cases distributed in the last go...:smiley_acbt:

As crazy as this seems, there was a time when I passed on such favorites as VWFRR or Weller Centennial or GTS or WLW if it was 2-3 dollars over the state minimum. How foolish does that seem today?

Yesterday I paid minimum +10% for a CEHT BS and was happy to do so. Times and personal standards change. Just that simple.

I think I was remembering wrong. No ECBP at the store and in the spot I recalled it was a handle of EC12 with the $60 label on the shelf.

Targeting a low-fill mingle of CEHT BP and ND BDL. One of my favorite mingles, although not chasing CEHT BP down for it. May open up my last ND BDL and experiment with similar mingles (maybe Bookers, ECBP, etc). The BDL brings the proof of this particular mingle down to 107, and adds just enough of that ND butterscotchy goodness, along with improving the mouthfeel.

Started the night by opening my ECBP 128 to celebrate my birthday. Wow can't believe I held out so long to open it. Really good stuff!!

Too hot today/tomorrow (all next week from the looks of it) for anything neat out of the cabinet so I will be drinking from the fridge tonight where I have a big bottle of FC103 and a half empty 200ml of both OGDBIB and WT101, Started out with a pour of WT101 and just realized it is the last I have on hand of that so kicking myself for not grabbing a replacement earlier today. Luckily that is everywhere so I will grab one tomorrow probably.

Thanks to a fellow SBer (a relatively new one I might add) Im now sipping an Old Heaven Hill BIB. I like it marginally more than Dant and EWBIB. Having said that, Dand and EWBIB are available here, and for a nice price, so Ill keep drinking them.

Sharing with some friends over tonight for a neighborhood BBQ had some WFE, OESK BP, WLW 2014, then some scotch Kirkland 18yr and Hibiki12. Good night with good friends.

Made my first Manhattans with Old Forrester 100 signature tonight. ..now drinking neat ..while watching Dark Night rises with my son and a friend. ...its a good night!

Opened up the Beam Distillers Masterpiece last night. Best whiskey I have tasted so far in 2015. An assault on every sense (and even bigger assault on my wallet...:D). Packaging, color of whiskey, nose, flavor, finish, everything...fabulous. For the price, would I rather have a case of VOB BIB? No. Not even 2 cases. Or, 3...

Wow Joe I don't ever recall you being so enthusiastic before and I don't recall any other posts on this bottle.

Is this new or is it a bottle I have just overlooked?

TT, this is something that Beam does from time to time and this one has been out for maybe a year now? (Can't remember). It retails for $200 in a VERY attractive package but the cost is an obvious deterrent which is why we don't see anyone talking about it........until now.

I remember being surprised a couple weeks ago when Joe posted this in the purchase thread and have been patiently awaiting his post here.

Wow Joe I don't ever recall you being so enthusiastic before and I don't recall any other posts on this bottle.

Is this new or is it a bottle I have just overlooked?

Actually been out since 2013 TT. For what it's worth, it was in my top shelf of many great pours I had at the WhiskyFest in Chicago this spring. The $200 price tag though...but what Joe says is also true.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!