2015 btac

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here is a breakdown from BreakingBourbon.com...

WLW - 134.6 Proof - 12 years and 3 months - 7,780 bottles (3,847 more than last year)

THH - 126.9 Proof - 6 years and 2 months - 10,825 bottles (2,432 more than last year)

Saz18 - 90 Proof - 18 years - 4,011 bottles (173 less than last year)

GTS - 138.2 Proof - 15 years and 1 month - 5,321 bottles (5,528 less than last year)

ER17 - 90 Proof - 17 years - 3,406 bottles (1,125 less than last year)

thanks for the info... that's a lot less bottles than last year, but looks like they are trying to make up for it with WLW and THH, hopefully I can snag a WLW!

Yeah, I'd read that the evaporation loss with GTS was so bad this year that there numerous barrels that only held a few gallons! Ouch!!

I'm pleased to see they ramped up the THHs appropriately - that had to be easy with a 6yr age on it. I'd happily buy a lot of these at $80, but pain in the rear retailers will probably not understand the difference between it and a Stagg and want 150 minimum.

It would be very interesting to hear if there was a theory on the REASON for a 50% fluctuation in stock year over year for evaporation losses. It's almost like they had a bad year for poplar bungs or something. Hot summers? Windows caught a draught that blew dry air through the rackhouse all year? It must be something - that's a huge difference.

Some extra interesting info - the ER17 is fresh this year, not tanked. And next year will be the first year for Non-tanked Saz18, so probably/hopefully a nice jump in next year's Saz numbers coming too.

It would be nice (just for armchair academia) to get similar numbers for the VW products, too.

That's about 3 bottles for every sb.com member. Not bad, if no one else in the world gets any. We deserve it, don't we?

That's about 3 bottles for every sb.com member. Not bad, if no one else in the world gets any. We deserve it, don't we?

That's a great way to look at it!!! I am hoping to find a bottle of WLW this year, but supplies are always thin in the Minneapolis area.

Weller 12 is now part of the BTAC? Ouch. I keep telling myself that time will straighten all this out but this is almost too much to take.

Weller 12 is now part of the BTAC? Ouch. I keep telling myself that time will straighten all this out but this is almost too much to take.

Not Weller 12. William Larue Weller.

I was planning to try for WLW this year, but that GTS has me mighty intrigued.

Maybe the Bourbon Gods will shine on me and I'll get a bottle of each...

This fact sheet from Breaking Bourbon sums it up very nicely:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21540&stc=1

Evaporation's a bitch. Half the barrels of Handy produce twice as many bottles compared to Stagg. Still, as The Black Tot points out, they will probably have the same MSRP. Not cool.

post-7760-14489822772921_thumb.jpg

I really want a bottle of Sazerac. Any others worth the hassle?

Depends on your likes and dislikes, but I'd grab a Weller and maybe a Stagg. Although I'm a little torn on the Stagg to be honest... The flavor profile description I've seen isn't necessarily complimentary in my opinion. Chances are I won't have to worry about it though because I highly doubt I'll even see a bottle let alone have the chance to buy one!

I really want a bottle of Sazerac. Any others worth the hassle?

last year I only saw the GTS... so honestly, I'd take whatever I come across.

I think these are all good enough that I'd grab any I could at MSRP, although comparatively speaking the THH isn't as good a value. Still a damn fine rye, though. Whether one can obtain any at that price is another story altogether. I hope to be able to get one or two.

I like the caveat that if you see that it landed on the map, it's probably already gone. So true.

but, by all means you should email Blake to let him know so that he can notify the flippers.

but, by all means you should email Blake to let him know so that he can notify the flippers.

Yeah, right. The flippers are the possessed people following trucks from the distributor and trying to buy bottles before they even go in the back door, well before guys like you and me even have an inkling the LE's landed. I doubt a flipper ever profited from that ridiculous map, which, I suspect, only exists to drive traffic to that site.

Yeah, right. The flippers are the possessed people following trucks from the distributor and trying to buy bottles before they even go in the back door, well before guys like you and me even have an inkling the LE's landed. I doubt a flipper ever profited from that ridiculous map, which, I suspect, only exists to drive traffic to that site.

Yeah, likely true. I guess the hype's just gotten beyond annoying to me this year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.