2015 btac

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My source at the NH State stores told me that their allocation was cut so severely that they do not plan to release any for retail sale and it will all go to restaurants and bars, damn.

My source at the NH State stores told me that their allocation was cut so severely that they do not plan to release any for retail sale and it will all go to restaurants and bars, damn.

Not to be petty, but how is that even fair? An individual has no chance to compete against restaurant and bars in amount spent on booze. And if New Hampshire's allocation was cut, where is the difference going?

Landed in Mississippi late last week... Buddy scored a handy and ER17. We cracked the ER17 on Sunday and I grabbed a taste neat. Fantastic bourbon. Tried a ER10 pick afterward and it didn't hold a candle to it. Much more vanilla and less burn to the 17, IMHO. Definitely more balanced overall. Good Juice.

The Bourbon Boom has bars and restaurants taking in a lot of the BTAC. Still not sure how I feel about this. Everyone does get a sip, but i would rather a bottle. Thats just me!

The Bourbon Boom has bars and restaurants taking in a lot of the BTAC. Still not sure how I feel about this. Everyone does get a sip, but i would rather a bottle. Thats just me!

I think most of us would rather have a bottle, but that's not always an option (I was lucky enough to score some WLW and a Saz this year). I wouldn't mind the bars having it so everyone gets an opportunity, except it seems like they charge so much for a pour. I know, they have overhead to pay, blah, blah, blah, but when one starts creeping up over $25 just for a taste of something - and often substantially more than that - it seems like they're taking advantage. It better be phenomenal for some of the prices they charge. A $60 shot of GTS grinds my chops more than a retailer charging, say, $200 a bottle, although I'm not thrilled about either one of them.

...I wouldn't mind the bars having it so everyone gets an opportunity, except it seems like they charge so much for a pour...
there's a few places that don't gouge. we've a local spot that gives very generous pours of Johnny Blue for $25. Some places are cool and get repeat biz.

I think most of us would rather have a bottle, but that's not always an option (I was lucky enough to score some WLW and a Saz this year). I wouldn't mind the bars having it so everyone gets an opportunity, except it seems like they charge so much for a pour. I know, they have overhead to pay, blah, blah, blah, but when one starts creeping up over $25 just for a taste of something - and often substantially more than that - it seems like they're taking advantage. It better be phenomenal for some of the prices they charge. A $60 shot of GTS grinds my chops more than a retailer charging, say, $200 a bottle, although I'm not thrilled about either one of them.

Nice score on the Saz ... Tony, hoping I can find me one this yr, but not looking good so far.

I swung by a spot today that has a silent auction going for some BTAC bottles. Anything over $90 goes to charity. The GTS bids were up to $295, Handy was at $155 and the WLW was $255. For whatever that's worth. No Saz or ER17 listed.

Was fortunate enough to get the BTAC bottles I wanted this year! Will not post what they were, because some people couldn't get any. These bottles will be drank by me and my friends. A few will be held back for my boys, so they can drink some with me when they become of legal age to do so. I myself will no longer pursue these limited collections, because it has affected my ability to function properly during this time of year. By this I mean it has completely consumed me which is not healthy for a man with a wife and two boys. Maybe more will be acquired through the years by having solid relationships with my LS. If not then that's okay too. I have reached the point of being content. Hopefully enough is in the bunker to hold me over through the rest of the boom!

PS: The real breaking point was not hearing, but truly understanding that regular mid-shelf and private select barrels can be truly outstanding and amazing!

Okay. I'm done. :grin:

Was fortunate enough to get the BTAC bottles I wanted this year! Will not post what they were, because some people couldn't get any. These bottles will be drank by me and my friends. A few will be held back for my boys, so they can drink some with me when they become of legal age to do so. I myself will no longer pursue these limited collections, because it has affected my ability to function properly during this time of year. By this I mean it has completely consumed me which is not healthy for a man with a wife and two boys. Maybe more will be acquired through the years by having solid relationships with my LS. If not then that's okay too. I have reached the point of being content. Hopefully enough is in the bunker to hold me over through the rest of the boom!

PS: The real breaking point was not hearing, but truly understanding that regular mid-shelf and private select barrels can be truly outstanding and amazing!

Okay. I'm done. :grin:

Whether it be BIB's, blends, mid-shelfers or store picks, I think that's when we truly reach whiskey nervona!

Got a call this afternoon. I have a WLW awaiting my pick-up. I'll grab that girl tomorrow sometime.

Got a call this afternoon. I have a WLW awaiting my pick-up. I'll grab that girl tomorrow sometime.

Nicely done good sir.

Feeling fortunate to have scored an ER17, the only BTAC I will probably find this year--but that's one more bottle than I got last year.

I swung by a spot today that has a silent auction going for some BTAC bottles. Anything over $90 goes to charity. The GTS bids were up to $295, Handy was at $155 and the WLW was $255. For whatever that's worth. No Saz or ER17 listed.

Handy up to $200, WLW and GTS both now at $425.

Picked up a bottle of OF Birthday at a local shop yesterday. While the guy was ringing up my purchase, I asked how many bottles of BTAC they received this year. His reply was an emphatic, "NONE." This store sells a whole lot of liquor and carries just about anything one can possibly get in the state so if they didn't get anything, it doesn't sound like the allocations amounted to much around here this year. Since all of the CEHT CO went to on-premise accounts, I'm thinking the majority of BTAC did so as well. Haven't heard about any lotteries/auctions from the big box places yet.

Picked up a bottle of OF Birthday at a local shop yesterday. While the guy was ringing up my purchase, I asked how many bottles of BTAC they received this year. His reply was an emphatic, "NONE." This store sells a whole lot of liquor and carries just about anything one can possibly get in the state so if they didn't get anything, it doesn't sound like the allocations amounted to much around here this year. Since all of the CEHT CO went to on-premise accounts, I'm thinking the majority of BTAC did so as well. Haven't heard about any lotteries/auctions from the big box places yet.

We received a total of 3 bottles of BTAC this year, 1 GTS and 2 Handys. This is after a year when we have purchased 3 barrels from Sazerac...a 1792, a OWA and an ER. Used to be locations that fully participated in their barrel program were rewarded with BTAC. Seems like now they deem you lucky to have gotten barrels and there's certainly no reward with extra BTAC. I have also heard the on premise rumors but have not been able to confirm or deny them.

I was lucky to land a Handy for msrp and a JEF 20yr too. These were from out of state, but I am just thankful to get them. My favorite whiskey is GTS, but I'll take what I can get and be grateful for it.

I have heard that BTAC landed in Ohio last week, but they were making sure it all went to bars/restaurants. There is a whiskey bar chain out here that does a whiskey week and they usually have flights of the entire BTAC at very reasonable rates with a limit of 1 per person. I wish I had the bottles on my shelf, but I can't complain when places treat customers fairly with pricing.

I wish I had the bottles on my shelf, but I can't complain when places treat customers fairly with pricing.

Speaking of which..... My wife and I wandered into a bistro in the Chicago suburbs yesterday that had an outstanding selection of bourbon and rye whiskey, many of which were at very reasonable prices. Top choice? 2015 WLW at $10 for a 2oz pour :grin:. I still can't believe it. The barman told me they got 3 bottles of it, along with some ER17 and THH. Most surprising was that Weller 12 went for $12. Go figure

... My wife and I wandered into a bistro in the Chicago suburbs yesterday that had an outstanding selection of bourbon and rye whiskey, many of which were at very reasonable prices. Top choice? 2015 WLW at $10 for a 2oz pour ...

Speaking of which..... My wife and I wandered into a bistro in the Chicago suburbs yesterday that had an outstanding selection of bourbon and rye whiskey, The barman told me they got 3 bottles of it, along with some ER17 and THH.

Speaking of which..... My wife and I wandered into a bistro in the Chicago suburbs yesterday that had an outstanding selection of bourbon and rye whiskey, many of which were at very reasonable prices. Top choice? 2015 WLW at $10 for a 2oz pour :grin:. I still can't believe it. The barman told me they got 3 bottles of it, along with some ER17 and THH. Most surprising was that Weller 12 went for $12. Go figure

This is awesome. Honestly tell us how many pours you had? This bar obviously is no different than a good store owner would be. If this is how they all did then on-premise wouldn't be that bad of a deal. Unfortunately this is not common in todays boom. Congrats on a awesome find!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.