Jump to content
BFerguson

What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

Recommended Posts

jwperry

I really like Real McCoy 12, so that looks intriguing!
$55 would be about the same step up i see in the other products in their line up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 minute ago, jwperry said:

I really like Real McCoy 12, so that looks intriguing!
$55 would be about the same step up i see in the other products in their line up.

I've enjoyed all of the other Real McCoy LE's 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n811

Super excited to find this Cadenheads rum today (and its ginny friend too).IMG_9965.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigPapa

I noticed that the classic Appleton rum bottle changed if name. I forget the name, but did the whole line change to this? Did Appleton sell out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
7 hours ago, BigPapa said:

I noticed that the classic Appleton rum bottle changed if name. I forget the name, but did the whole line change to this? Did Appleton sell out?

The youngest Appleton rums were rebranded as J. Wray ("Silver" rum and "Gold" rum, basically a young colored rum) a couple of years ago as the Campari marketing machine was trying to shape the Appleton Estate labels into exclusively the "premium" category. Appleton also made some label changes and possibly a few of the names changed a bit as well (the Reserve became the Reserve Blend I believe). And the also put the 21yo in a different shaped bottle from he others to further "premium-ize" it.

 

But the Appleton Estate brand is unlikely to go away as a brand. It will likely just keep getting more expensive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigPapa
The youngest Appleton rums were rebranded as J. Wray ("Silver" rum and "Gold" rum, basically a young colored rum) a couple of years ago as the Campari marketing machine was trying to shape the Appleton Estate labels into exclusively the "premium" category. Appleton also made some label changes and possibly a few of the names changed a bit as well (the Reserve became the Reserve Blend I believe). And the also put the 21yo in a different shaped bottle from he others to further "premium-ize" it.
 
But the Appleton Estate brand is unlikely to go away as a brand. It will likely just keep getting more expensive...

I love the Gold for rum and cokes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galvin0791

Recently, I ordered three bottles of rum. When they showed up, only two had survived the journey. :( Well, I reached out to the vendor and they assured me a replacement would be sent. As grateful as I was, I remained a bit skeptical. Today, I am a happy camper :D, as the replacement has arrived! Very much looking forward to trying this, as the inside of the first package smelled amazing!!!

20190702_162058.jpg

584911529.jpg

  • I like it 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lcpfratn
Recently, I ordered three bottles of rum. When they showed up, only two had survived the journey.  Well, I reached out to the vendor and they assured me a replacement would be sent. As grateful as I was, I remained a bit skeptical. Today, I am a happy camper , as the replacement has arrived! Very much looking forward to trying this, as the inside of the first package smelled amazing!!!
20190702_162058.thumb.jpg.6f7fb0bde17f3b4f1f1ef339c18f3e26.jpg
584911529.thumb.jpg.75de4b1d0373a09f12d8612a424e3c2c.jpg

I think you’re going to like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jshleffar
43 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:


I think you’re going to like it!

Agreed... but what were the other two bottles?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galvin0791
19 hours ago, jshleffar said:

Agreed... but what were the other two bottles?!

Great question! 

20190716_174558.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2

Hmm, well let’s just say I am glad you got the FS 2005 replaced as I don’t have much faith in these “solera” style Dominican and Colombian rums. I suspect Zacapa style sweetened blandness.

 

But I haven’t tried either one so maybe they will surprise... ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galvin0791
4 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Hmm, well let’s just say I am glad you got the FS 2005 replaced as I don’t have much faith in these “solera” style Dominican and Colombian rums. I suspect Zacapa style sweetened blandness.

 

But I haven’t tried either one so maybe they will surprise... ^_^

I'm hopeful they'll agree with me, as I've previously enjoyed a Papa's Pilar and dig a Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva. I admittedly know rather little about bourbon (I'm slowly learning), and know even less about rum... so I'm far from a connoisseur. I am very much looking forward to trying the Foursquare rum, however, and have a 2004 and Premise waiting in the wings. :D

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
1 minute ago, Galvin0791 said:

I'm hopeful they'll agree with me, as I've previously enjoyed a Papa's Pilar and dig a Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva. I admittedly know rather little about bourbon (I'm slowly learning), and know even less about rum... so I'm far from a connoisseur. I am very much looking forward to trying the Foursquare rum, however, and have a 2004 and Premise waiting in the wings. :D

The 2004 and 2005 make a fun SBS tasting!

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Odd that Ed Hamilton named his new white rum after his mustache-- with unappetizing illustration to boot.

 

The Single Prop, according to the producer-- is fresh coconut water (from a plantation on the coast of Nicaragua) preserved in local Nicaraguan rum— shipped to the US and blended with sourced rum from the Virgin Islands and bottled at 40% ABV.

 

 

IMG_1998.thumb.jpg.0d7d0a666f0993f5528977e7863deaf0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Odd that Ed Hamilton named his new white rum after his mustache-- with unappetizing illustration to boot.

 

The Single Prop, according to the producer-- is fresh coconut water (from a plantation on the coast of Nicaragua) preserved in local Nicaraguan rum— shipped to the US and blended with sourced rum from the Virgin Islands and bottled at 40% ABV.

 

 

IMG_1998.thumb.jpg.0d7d0a666f0993f5528977e7863deaf0.jpg

FOUND IT!!!

 

D4D7EE3E-1EDA-4900-A215-E595083FD3CE.jpeg

B6AC576A-9434-427E-9234-7FFCA5A9CDC7.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

FOUND IT!!!

 

D4D7EE3E-1EDA-4900-A215-E595083FD3CE.jpeg

B6AC576A-9434-427E-9234-7FFCA5A9CDC7.jpeg

Another… more current

 

1751369233_ScreenShot2019-07-24at8_37_01AM.thumb.png.e07fa92d584f5e1d0aebbc9d9ecd696c.png

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
23 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Another… more current

 

1751369233_ScreenShot2019-07-24at8_37_01AM.thumb.png.e07fa92d584f5e1d0aebbc9d9ecd696c.png

JVWIII would never be so shaggy!

#Pappybringbackthestache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarthQuake
Posted (edited)

I got to meet Ed Hamilton last winter, one of the local stores put on a rum tasting with Ed as the speaker. I felt like such a fan girl, I'm pretty sure I was the only one there who knew about the Ministry of Rum. The stache rum is perfect.

 

Also, if you see one of those Hamilton St Lucia single barrel, barrel proofs around, grab it! I've got the 10 year and it's great.

Edited by EarthQuake
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RWBadley

Today I bought a Foursquare 2007. After comparing to the 2005, Criterion, and a recent Emery purchase I think the 2007 is my favorite of the bunch. The Emery was the weakest for me as I thought there was some hints of sulfur most likely from a Sherry cask. The 2007 is full, rich and clean with great depth on palate and a lovely long finish

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lcpfratn
Finally found a bottle of Foursquare Dominus, but it will be awhile before I have it in my hands. Had my sister-in-law and brother-in-law pick up a bottle in Denmark for me after I found it online in a shop over there.

I finally got delivery of this today when my niece arrived from Denmark on her way to start her senior year of college in eastern Kentucky!
IMG_0095.jpg
  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nomad
20 hours ago, lcpfratn said:


I finally got delivery of this today when my niece arrived from Denmark on her way to start her senior year of college in eastern Kentucky!
IMG_0095.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nomad
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

 

 

Edited by Nomad
media

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot

Was reminded of why I do this whole "go to work" thing today...

20190824_154718.jpg

  • I like it 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lcpfratn
Was reminded of why I do this whole "go to work" thing today...
20190824_154718.thumb.jpg.49eff64bbc3ac3f279438b20cba87ee1.jpg

Paul, If I didn’t know better, I’d think you might have a bit of a rum fetish! Very nice collection there my friend...and I’m sure that’s just a small part of it!
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot
4 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:


Paul, If I didn’t know better, I’d think you might have a bit of a rum fetish! emoji848.pngemoji6.png Very nice collection there my friend...and I’m sure that’s just a small part of it!

Those were the new arrivals. :) This is the collection...

20190825_035142[1].jpg

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...