Jump to content
BFerguson

What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

Recommended Posts

lcpfratn
Those were the new arrivals. :) This is the collection...
1083001993_20190825_0351421.thumb.jpg.69678fb54a1f98e0aa2af6991ad986c3.jpg

Very nice...and more like I expected!
  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
On 8/24/2019 at 10:19 PM, The Black Tot said:

Was reminded of why I do this whole "go to work" thing today...

20190824_154718.jpg

I just want to know why you have trombones coming out of the TV...

 

:D

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
3 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I just want to know why you have trombones coming out of the TV...

 

:D

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot
22 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I just want to know why you have trombones coming out of the TV...

 

:D

 

...the eternal response...

 

"Why NOT?"

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ratcheer

Mount Gay Eclipse, fairly standard but a long-time favorite of mine. I hope it's as good as it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

I passed on these Revelations-- but what a screaming deal. 

 

IMG_2617.thumb.jpg.623329fbafdc563cb065b0c62f4cf6f3.jpg

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot

Yeah I got a deal like this on Revelation in February I think it was. 

 

I would clear the shelf at that price.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jshleffar
1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

Yeah I got a deal like this on Revelation in February I think it was. 

 

I would clear the shelf at that price.

I've been on a bit of a buying moratorium lately, but yes, I would too. Though I've been vocal about how much I enjoy this one.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot
2 hours ago, jshleffar said:

I've been on a bit of a buying moratorium lately, but yes, I would too. Though I've been vocal about how much I enjoy this one.

They won't be doing it again, so it's something that's worth padding the bunker with if you enjoy it.

 

Even as a premium cocktail ingredient this rum was a rare opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Well damn, now you guys are making me feel bad-- I'm just running out of rum room over here.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jshleffar
54 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Well damn, now you guys are making me feel bad-- I'm just running out of rum room over here.

Drink some and open new space :)

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
I passed on these Revelations-- but what a screaming deal. 
 
IMG_2617.thumb.jpg.623329fbafdc563cb065b0c62f4cf6f3.jpg


I assume this is pounds but I’d still buy this and still would happily buy at a much higher price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
25 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

 


I assume this is pounds but I’d still buy this and still would happily buy at a much higher price.

 

 

Nope, it's good ol' U.S. dollars-- tough to beat as a value proposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lcpfratn
I passed on these Revelations-- but what a screaming deal. 
 
IMG_2617.thumb.jpg.623329fbafdc563cb065b0c62f4cf6f3.jpg

I figured I’d pile on with everyone else...I’d clear the shelf for that price too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Has HAITI plastered all over it as a charitable recipient, but the "specs" are making me dizzy…

 

Our flagship rum, Saint Benevolence 5 Year is a blend of hand-selected Caribbean rum made from the highest quality sugarcane juice from the Dominican Republic and sugarcane molasses from Barbados. We used both pot and column distillation methods and age both cane juice and molasses based rums separately in American oak for five years. Blended in small batches and bottled at 84 proof in Riviera Beach, Florida. Saint Benevolence 5 Year was blended and aged with the intent to be versatile.

 

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.0d75cc47c482d80163a6107e293f7e68.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Just in from Joe at Total Wine, he’s my "go to" guy for all things related to rum and fastidious neckwear…

 

 

IMG_2668.thumb.jpg.4aaac8455365c71f038f9228bbf97594.jpg

 

 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Has HAITI plastered all over it as a charitable recipient, but the "specs" are making me dizzy…

 

Our flagship rum, Saint Benevolence 5 Year is a blend of hand-selected Caribbean rum made from the highest quality sugarcane juice from the Dominican Republic and sugarcane molasses from Barbados. We used both pot and column distillation methods and age both cane juice and molasses based rums separately in American oak for five years. Blended in small batches and bottled at 84 proof in Riviera Beach, Florida. Saint Benevolence 5 Year was blended and aged with the intent to be versatile.

 

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.0d75cc47c482d80163a6107e293f7e68.jpg

That's a mind bender right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane
1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Has HAITI plastered all over it as a charitable recipient, but the "specs" are making me dizzy…

 

Our flagship rum, Saint Benevolence 5 Year is a blend of hand-selected Caribbean rum made from the highest quality sugarcane juice from the Dominican Republic and sugarcane molasses from Barbados. We used both pot and column distillation methods and age both cane juice and molasses based rums separately in American oak for five years. Blended in small batches and bottled at 84 proof in Riviera Beach, Florida. Saint Benevolence 5 Year was blended and aged with the intent to be versatile.

 

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.0d75cc47c482d80163a6107e293f7e68.jpg

That's versatile all right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeepCover

I got these 2 in today. One will most likely get cracked open tomorrow evening. Looking forward to trying these.

 

AB12903E-B62A-41B3-BEA4-5CEE0B004737.jpeg

Edited by DeepCover
  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigPapa
Just in from Joe at Total Wine, he’s my "go to" guy for all things related to rum and fastidious neckwear…
 
 
IMG_2668.thumb.jpg.4aaac8455365c71f038f9228bbf97594.jpg
 
 

I like his quote
“The Pappy of Rums”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit

I like his quote
“The Pappy of Rums”


Got damn all because of that ascot wearing mofo.
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
I got these 2 in today. One will most likely get cracked open tomorrow evening. Looking forward to trying these.
 
AB12903E-B62A-41B3-BEA4-5CEE0B004737.thumb.jpeg.6b8902694770d855e3b2770dd252d578.jpeg


Ohh yeah, want these, particularly Barbados.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2

I didn't buy this (yet) but a friend down in the Bahamas saw this one the shelf. Mexican made rum using mushrooms??? If nothing else it seems like it would be pretty unusual. Anybody ever tried it?

 

816386938_SolTarascoMushroomrum.jpg.32634b11f3916db48a51f995f1046609.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot

Magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
30 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Magic

In a good way I hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...