What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had me some OESV Store Select last night.   Fantastic.  I'll have to get another.  I have never had a bad bottle from a FRSB PS.

Cracked open my VOB "6" BIB last night.  What a great bourbon, it is probably my favorite BIB I have tried to date (hard to beat the price as well).  I've got a JTS Brown and Old Fitz in waiting, so I will not crown a BIB champ yet.

In honor of  our "new" site coming online, I cracked open a bottle of our Barrel #2 SB HHSS, and am having a healthy pour. (or two ;))

Cheers! Joe

Well... cheers everyone!  I'm enjoying a rather fat pour of IWH 15, as I'm now in full bottle kill mode for this future decanter. 

Edited by Paddy

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

In honor of  our "new" site coming online, I cracked open a bottle of our Barrel #2 SB HHSS, and am having a healthy pour. (or two ;))

Cheers! Joe

I'll join you, Joe!  SB HHSS Barrel #2 to celebrate.

Cheers!

In the excitement of exploring the 'new' playground, I forgot to mention that I had the pleasure of visiting at 4R and WT yesterday.  I was trying to get a little Christmas shopping done, but still somehow managed to sample the 4RYL, Smb, SB and even threw in a barrel proof OBSV and OESV for good measure (somebody had to do it:lol:)!

BTW... Lawrenceburg seems to really have (finally) embraced the whole bourbon tourist thing.  Several new diners/restaurants are now located downtown and Heavens to Betsy has moved into a really well done 80 seat space.  If you're in the area and looking for a killer sammich', their 'Hot Italian" is off the hook good (and paired really well with a cup of homemade Jambalaya)! 

Edited by Paddy
I can't spell worth a lick!

Started with an EC 12, then another taste of CR Northern Harvest Rye (still not sure how Murray named it Whiskey of the year...), and finally a Rittenhouse Manhattan. I know two of these aren't bourbon :)

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I'll join you, Joe!  SB HHSS Barrel #2 to celebrate.

Cheers!

Must be something in the water -- I was offline last night and didn't visit SB.com, but THIS is what I was sipping last night.

JDSB - not Bourbon - but suprisingly a very good Pour. It's pretty similiar to the 2003 EWSB I have. Very enjoyable!

I opened a bottle of OGD 114 on account of it finally feeling like Fall here in Atlanta — OGD 114 is my go to this time of year.

Sipping on some MMCS that's been open for months, and it's just not working for me tonight. I think my palate just isn't working, because I've enjoyed this before, but it's got a strong bitterness tonight. I'll have to investigate this matter further on another evening.

On 12/2/2015, 5:02:19, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers! Joe

I'm digging the facelift! Having some SB HHSS #2 as well. Cheers, Joe!

HH BiB side-by with some friends this afternoon.  McKenna, Brown, Dant, HH Old Style, Evan Williams.   Interesting to show in this way (though the Brown was unusually muted tonight).  Followed with a Davidson's pick KCSiB that I liked a lot.

Edited by RiverRat

Started the night with an OESV, which was incredible. Then for the 2nd pour, I had the lady friend pick anything from the cabinet and I would try to guess. From the nose, I thought maybe it was OFBB14. Once I tasted it though, I knew it was an Orphan Barrel. I have Barterhouse, Rhetoric 20, and Old Blowhard in the cabinet. It was slightly creamy and nutty, but tasted mostly of wet wood with a very bitter finish. It was flat. I correctly guessed it as Rhetoric 20.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.