What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Knob Creek Rye and some JBB last night in between beers while enjoying the strange December weather.  Personally, I won't be too upset if it doesn't snow this year.  Finished off the bottle of KCR, while I enjoyed it, I doubt I will replace it at $30 out the door.  I think I will give Ritt BIB a try.

RittBiB is a solid rye, can't go wrong with that esp at that price.

for me, ER10 last night, EC12 and W12 weren't tasting right to me the other night, but ER10 always tastes good to me.

Booker's 2015-02. Fantastic! Comes close to one of my fave Barrel Proof Bourbon - Blanton's Straight from the barrel that is.

It could be the happy influence of the Holiday Season.  It could be that I had a great work week.  It could be that it's Friday.  It could be that I'm sittin' out front with the Sheltie. It could be that it's 72 degrees. But whatever it is, this newly purchased OGD BIB that is in my glass  is nothing short of spectacular!  

7 hours ago, samboh said:

After a few months of exploring various scotches and bourbons, I've determined that my drink is WSR. This might seem wimpy but I like the taste and the price. Thanks to all who offered guidance.  All best, Sam.

I enjoy WSR as well - and it's quite available and affordable around here ($13.99 750ml, 25.99 1.75L). 

HHSS #2 with some brownies for dessert.  Man, I love this stuff--caramel, vanilla, cherries, other goodies.

Edited by jeffrey r

I have no sheltie, but I do have two cats.  AND, an almost full OGD BIB.

Heashfus - that deserves a special place on the "what is your favorite glass" thread.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
spelling of Heashfus. sheesh

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I have no sheltie, but I do have two cats.  AND, an almost full OGD BIB.

Ha!  Harry my friend, if keep hittin' this bottle as hard as I am, I may be paying you and your almost full bottle, a visit! 

3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Ha!  Harry my friend, if keep hittin' this bottle as hard as I am, I may be paying you and your almost full bottle, a visit! 

It's 50 degrees here, but I have porch chairs and blankets.  But don't show up without the dog.

7 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Heathfus - that deserves a special place on the "what is your favorite glass" thread.

Harry, it is done! :D

2 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

It's 50 degrees here, but I have porch chairs and blankets.  But don't show up without the dog.

I'm not sure she'll agree to travel with me since I made her wear the MM ear covers...

image.jpg

Saw the other picture (you posted?) the other day.  Wife spilled her cocktail.  THEN, wanted to know if they made them for cats.  Well, maybe Whisky Fest in WashDC in March 2016.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Starting with WSR and EWSB 2004 to get the palate going.  I've got a newly opened bottle of Michter's 10, and a pour on deck.  Will likely finish with a small pour of ECBP.

Having some of my favorite tonight, OSSB. It's a 10 year old and its goooood. 

Edited by LCWoody

OBSO last night.  KCSB Davidson's Pick tonight.  Asian spice and sandalwood all over the palate.....think drinking the smell of Lagerfeld cologne (in a good way).  Planning CEHT BP with friends tomorrow.

Embarrassment of riches.

Had side by side a 4R PS OESV and the 4RSB (which I think is OBSV). As expected similar though slightly different. Both very enjoyable. Was in the mood for something with some pop so then went to Pikesville rye 110 and finished off with a Baker's. All while watching some first season episodes of Justifed. Love drinking bourbon while watching Justified!

Celebrated my birthday last night by opening a EW 12YO Red Label.   Wasn't sure what to expect....but I like it a lot.   After a couple of pours I decided to have a sip of EC12 to compare.   Definitely preferred the EWRL (just made up that abbreviation).

13 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Saw the other picture (you posted?) the other day.  Wife spilled her cocktail.  THEN, wanted to know if they made them for cats.  Well, maybe Whisky Fest in WashDC in March 2016.

I saw somewhere recently a photo of someone's cat wearing the ear muffs. Cat did not look pleased.

15 hours ago, Heashfus said:

Another RR SB 

yep not in a Glencairn but my tiny mason. 

:wub:

image.jpeg

Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.