What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying an Old Fitz 12, which you can still pick up round these parts if you look. I'll miss it when it's gone..

Staying in a hotel in the thriving metropolis that is Johnson City TN which has a nice restaurant and a great bar. Along with dinner last night I had a pour of Calumet which is been tempted to purchase for some reason, it was OK but overall I decided too young. For my dessert I had a pour of POH #6 which I thought was quite good after the filet I had on the company per diem. I had a nightcap of Blanton's from a bottle secreted away in my luggage  

Tonight in in the same hotel and same restaurant I'll do POH #7 as my appetizer and follow with a dessert to be determined later.  

Just now, Hop said:

Staying in a hotel in the thriving metropolis that is Johnson City TN which has a nice restaurant and a great bar. Along with dinner last night I had a pour of Calumet which is been tempted to purchase for some reason, it was OK but overall I decided too young. For my dessert I had a pour of POH #6 which I thought was quite good after the filet I had on the company per diem. I had a nightcap of Blanton's from a bottle secreted away in my luggage  

Tonight in in the same hotel and same restaurant I'll do POH #7 as my appetizer and follow with a dessert to be determined later.  

Sounds like the Carnegie?  That is a great hotel with a great bar! 

Cheers!

Joe, you are spot on as always!  Discovered this place around 6-7 years ago and it's the only place I stay when in the area and the only place I recommend!  

Starting the night with some SB Blend will probably go through a few different pours to ease the pain of watching Illinois Basketball

39 minutes ago, Hop said:

Joe, you are spot on as always!  Discovered this place around 6-7 years ago and it's the only place I stay when in the area and the only place I recommend!  

Ha!  Lucky you, finding it that long ago.  I only stumbled upon it a year or two ago.  I saw it as I was heading to One Stop's new location after they moved.  I saw it, Googled it, and been staying every time I get that way.  One of my favorite hotels anywhere.  My place in the area used to be the Marriott Meadowview in Kingsport.  The Marriott is a nice place, but the bar sucks!  Moved to the Carnegie and never looked back. 

Cheers!

Watching Mike and Frank dig an old motorcycle frame out of a junk pile on American Pickers while I enjoy some HMcK BiB.

Really digging on some '11 ER17 in celebration of scoring an ER17 today. Will follow with some standard ER10 for comparison purposes.

Checking back in because I cracked the JDSB Barrel Proof that I bought today and it's fantastic. Have to agree with others that proclaim this to be the best of JD. I'm not a fan of regular JD or JD Single Barrel. This one though - it's a different animal. 

My buddies and I split a couple bottles of a PS OBSV.  They've all tried and enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to seeing joining in the fun

I purchased a RR Single Barrel from a store that has a reputation for picking great barrels. This bottle has been incredible all night. I soured on RR over the past year when I came across some really bad bottles. Maybe the new label and this great bottle will bring me back.

I also picked up a KCSB from the same store and it too is great. 

Stagg Jr batch 4 for me tonight - looks like I'll be headed back tomorrow to try and get the other bottle..  ;-)  

Been fighting back a cold for the last week or so….haven't wanted to do much of anything in the cabinet last few days, but had a small pour of OWA this evening after dinner. Really helped smooth over the sore throat.

After a few months of exploring various scotches and bourbons, I've determined that my drink is WSR. This might seem wimpy but I like the taste and the price. Thanks to all who offered guidance.  All best, Sam.

40 minutes ago, samboh said:

After a few months of exploring various scotches and bourbons, I've determined that my drink is WSR. This might seem wimpy but I like the taste and the price. Thanks to all who offered guidance.  All best, Sam.

Well sir, no one can say you weren't thorough!  :) Congratulations on working through the process and achieving your own personal conclusion that you're content with.  That is all that really matters here. 

Cheers and Enjoy!

54 minutes ago, samboh said:

Is that Weller Special Reserve?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.