EC18 prices

B.B. Babington
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just hit the ABC site near me for $129.99. Probably a pass at that price, assuming you can find it.

I got mine for that same exact price yesterday. The other 3 stores that actually had it in stock wanted $170. I'm down to about a 1/4 of my $70 EC18 from a few years ago so I had to replace it.

I got mine for that same exact price yesterday. The other 3 stores that actually had it in stock wanted $170. I'm down to about a 1/4 of my $70 EC18 from a few years ago so I had to replace it.

Paid the same price as well yesterday, while passing on new Parker's Heritage at $109.00. Never had it before and looking forward to it. But at this price, I'm not looking to buy extra bottles that's for sure.

Glad to hear a few people found it. I probably should have clarified, it's probably a pass for me at $129.99.

How does it compare to the regular EC12?

On one hand, I'd love to grab a new bottle of this as a comparison, but on the other, while already sitting on 6 of the old bottles in the bunker, I cringe at paying the new prices.

I think I last paid $49 back in the day. And that used to be considered high!

Times change, don't they?

B

Total Wine shows it in their system online @ $55 in some places. I am guessing they have not updated it in the inventory since it was last available to them.

Total Wine shows it in their system online @ $55 in some places. I am guessing they have not updated it in the inventory since it was last available to them.

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've seen this before - the thrill of seeing a bargain price only to see it get jacked up when the product actually arrives in the store.

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've seen this before - the thrill of seeing a bargain price only to see it get jacked up when the product actually arrives in the store.

Yes, that occurred recently at my local Total Wine with OF Sig. It had been out of stock or not stocked for several years, so when it showed up back in the system but before stock arrived, it was priced at like $18. Got excited, and when the new stock arrived recently, it jumped instantly to about $25.

The only reason I bought this was my connection hooked me up with some other really good bottles. Hope it's worth it!

Does anyone know where EC18 can be compared? By the barrel number?

I think the main problem that most of us have with the price on the new batch of Elijah Craig 18y is that it's hard for us to forget what we paid for the last batch. If this was the first time we have ever seen Elijah Craig 18 year, it probably would not be that big (Price-wise) of a deal at $119 (that's what I saw it for). And I have to say all in all in today's market it's priced right. If you think about other 17, 18, and 20-year-old bourbons on the market most all of them or more expensive than EC18.

Is it worth it, I guess that's up to the consumer.

Just picked up my first bottle of EC18 for $120. Had to drive 30 miles to get it and needed a bit of luck. I've only started in the hobby in the last 2-3 years and never had it at the cheaper price, so it was worth it for me to try.

Just picked up my first bottle of EC18 for $120. Had to drive 30 miles to get it and needed a bit of luck. I've only started in the hobby in the last 2-3 years and never had it at the cheaper price, so it was worth it for me to try.
im no expert, but at that price I'd have gotten one myself.

I walked in to my local shop the other day and the owner had a ec18 bottle in the counter. I asked if it was available, and was told that it was going into the personal stash to be sold upon retirement. Wouldn't even consider selling now. I understand that is their prerogative, but it pretty much sucks for those of us customers who spend lots of money there.

I walked in to my local shop the other day and the owner had a ec18 bottle in the counter. I asked if it was available, and was told that it was going into the personal stash to be sold upon retirement...
I'm anticipating that there will be plenty available in the coming years. But then again, I was way wrong on the price and most everything else in life. But always hoping.

I picked up a EC18 Saturday for $115.99. I had actually gone in looking for Weller products but when he pulled it out from under the counter I could not resist.

I walked in to my local shop the other day and the owner had a ec18 bottle in the counter. I asked if it was available, and was told that it was going into the personal stash to be sold upon retirement. Wouldn't even consider selling now. I understand that is their prerogative, but it pretty much sucks for those of us customers who spend lots of money there.

I think my first reaction, if there is indeed another option available, is to start looking for a new local shop. If the owner is going to put it in his own bunker fine but don't leave it out in sight and then tell people that is what you are doing! Jeez, what a dumbass.

I think my first reaction, if there is indeed another option available, is to start looking for a new local shop. If the owner is going to put it in his own bunker fine but don't leave it out in sight and then tell people that is what you are doing! Jeez, what a dumbass.

To clarify, I mean the owner of the store is/was the dumbass!

This seems like the thread to ask this. I went to my local liquor-store today, and hidden away between some other bottles, I found a bottle of EC18 SB for 175$.

Now, I live in Denmark, so although this IS expensive, pretty much all bourbon in Denmark is.

To give you some perspective:

Booker's: ~100$

EHT SmB: ~130$

KC9: 50$

JD Black: 25$

So with this in mind, is it worth it? I never had it(Don't think I've ever had a bourbon this old. Scotch is a little easier to come by over here) but since it's a lot of money, I'd really like an experienced opinion.

This seems like the thread to ask this. I went to my local liquor-store today, and hidden away between some other bottles, I found a bottle of EC18 SB for 175$.

Now, I live in Denmark, so although this IS expensive, pretty much all bourbon in Denmark is.

So with this in mind, is it worth it? I never had it(Don't think I've ever had a bourbon this old. Scotch is a little easier to come by over here) but since it's a lot of money, I'd really like an experienced opinion.

Having the opportunity of grabbing EC23 at $200 last year to see it go to $300 this year felt like a kidney punch (wanted to tell the store owner that I would be taking business elsewhere but really only game in town and told "someone would buy it for that price"...umph). Then to see the EC18 on the shelf for the first time this yr only to see it priced for $199, had to pass right away. While I am late to the days of seeing it for sub $60, I would never buy it for the price they are asking. Would like to try but might have to wait til the thrill is over...

just curious, what was the barreled on date?

H...EC23 ... $300 this year felt like a kidney punch (wanted to tell the store owner that I would be taking business elsewhere but really only game in town and told "someone would buy it for that price"...umph). Then to see the EC18 on the shelf for the first time this yr only to see it priced for $199,...
Time to give up on this store and do some traveling.

I was traveling for work and walked into a shop where I had found a couple decent things before. I asked if they had EC18. Long story short - I was told it was $700. I still laugh typing out the story. I told them they were crazy and drove down the street and bought 1 for $90.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.