EC18 prices

B.B. Babington
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was traveling for work and walked into a shop where I had found a couple decent things before. I asked if they had EC18. Long story short - I was told it was $700. I still laugh typing out the story. I told them they were crazy and drove down the street and bought 1 for $90.

Ummmm.......what?!?!?!? Those are Pappy prices. (At the low end).

just curious, what was the barreled on date?

Didn't check, actually. Guess I should go back and check it out. Has it changed over time?

Didn't check, actually. Guess I should go back and check it out. Has it changed over time?

The current release that just hit was the first EC18 to be released that was barreled after the big fire.

The current release that just hit was the first EC18 to be released that was barreled after the big fire.

And well before HH had Bernheim up and running. Craig Beam (reluctantly) confirmed at a recent roll out event that it could be from either Beam or Brown-Forman but that there is no indication on the individual bottles of where it was made and comes from. Since Bernheim was not operated by HH until about 1999 it will be at least a couple of years before Bernheim made EC18 would be available.

And there may still have been contract distilling going on well past that time. After all Rittenhouse did not transition back to Heaven Hill until last year!

Seems a good thread to ask a question about EC that Im sure you experts can help me with. Im a big fan of EC12 especially since I found a store here selling it for $39. Its usually $50. No chance over here of picking up the EC barrel proof or the other older ones. I will be in Bardstown in the new year. Are these readily available off the shelf or would I have to hunt for them? I presume they would be available at the distillery gift shop or maybe Im mistaken?

Cheers guys

Seems a good thread to ask a question about EC that Im sure you experts can help me with. Im a big fan of EC12 especially since I found a store here selling it for $39. Its usually $50. No chance over here of picking up the EC barrel proof or the other older ones. I will be in Bardstown in the new year. Are these readily available off the shelf or would I have to hunt for them? I presume they would be available at the distillery gift shop or maybe Im mistaken?

Cheers guys

They are generally available in the gift shop but the price is slightly higher than you will find in stores - it is readily available or had been everywhere I have looked. It's also available in the 1.75L size here at $45 - $49

They are generally available in the gift shop but the price is slightly higher than you will find in stores - it is readily available or had been everywhere I have looked. It's also available in the 1.75L size here at $45 - $49

Cheers I look forward to picking a couple up:cool:

I think he's asking if Barrel Proof and 18+ are readily available.

My error there and I read his post twice to be sure before replying... I hadn't even started drinking yet either...

I think he's asking if Barrel Proof and 18+ are readily available.
My error there and I read his post twice to be sure before replying... I hadn't even started drinking yet either...

Yeah sorry for the confusion I meant the premium ECs

Yeah sorry for the confusion I meant the premium ECs

The BP is sometimes available at the gift shop, but my understanding is not often. It sells out quick. The 23 yr old might be there, but expect a big premium. The 18 is probably going to be too new to stick around on shelves because there's pent up demand.

The BP is sometimes available at the gift shop, but my understanding is not often. It sells out quick. The 23 yr old might be there, but expect a big premium. The 18 is probably going to be too new to stick around on shelves because there's pent up demand.

They were selling the 23 for I believe $275.00 or $295.00 the last time I visited.

They were selling the 23 for I believe $275.00 or $295.00 the last time I visited.

Cheers. I best start saving!

Just picked up two bottles for $60 each.
Great price.

Especially, for the Bay Area.

$60 is a great price for any area! It is half price compared to most prices I have seen and heard about for the new release. Either it is old EC18 at close to the original price or perhaps mismarked with the price it carried before it went out of stock for a while or you found a steal! There are a few on the shelf still around here when last I looked (last week) at $120-130 or more but they won't likely last long.

Around here, It's pretty available if you're looking for it. Pricing is $129. Too much for me unless I hear rave reviews. I would be all over any bottle under $80.

The only place I've actually found it in Minneapolis it's $149! I did buy one, because I've wanted to try it for several years, and justified it that way.... It's listed on the Total Wine website for $39.99 but I am guessing it's the old price, and will likely be updated once they receive some.

Picked up 2 for $110 each today. Didn't necessarily seek them out, but at that price they came home. Still thought about it though.

Maybe the place I went was overpriced, hopefully there will be other stores around Minneapolis with lower prices incase I want to get another bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.