Top Five over time

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/27/2016 at 0:01 PM, JTaylor said:

ECBP

Stagg jr.

The whole ETL, Blanton's, etc... thing

SB Blend

MM (love a MM & Sprite in the summer)

Wait... it was "American Whiskey" not bourbon so... THH has GOT to be in there... Easily drops MM to #6.

On 12/25/2016 at 10:55 AM, Saul_cooperstein said:

WT101 Rye

ECBP

OWA

JD SBBP

RHF

Hi Saul, curious on the JD SBBP -- do you add any water at all to that guy?   I did last time, and it was late into the evening (I sorta have to warm up that bottle) -- and I think I thought it did some magic for it.   ...Not often I see it mentioned so curious about your experience with it.

I'm on my first bottle and have only tried neat so far. Am curious to see what a little water will do. So far it is very very good plus is a widely available which is rare for a generally reasonably priced single barrel at barrel proof. 

1. High West Rendezvous Rye

2. 1792 small batch (and variants)

3. Four Roses Single Barrel

4. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

5. SA Old Scout Single Barrel Bourbon

17 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Wait... it was "American Whiskey" not bourbon so... THH has GOT to be in there... Easily drops MM to #6.

I'm totally with you, but I think THH is definitely a limited / hard to find / not available item & doesn't qualify for "the list"

Was glad to see you put MM in there.  I like it as well, but I was starting to think I was the only person who likes it.  :)

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

I'm totally with you, but I think THH is definitely a limited / hard to find / not available item & doesn't qualify for "the list"

Was glad to see you put MM in there.  I like it as well, but I was starting to think I was the only person who likes it.  :)

MM will always have a spot on my bar. It  was my gateway bourbon into the "premium" sector and as of yet, the only one I buy in "family size". Bourbon neat is not my preference in the summer sitting out by the pool, those days call for a MM and Sprite or a Kamikaze. :D

• 2 months later...
OK, I will be the first to change my list...(I think)
Returning:
Four Roses Single Barrel
Buffalo Trace
Jefferson's Reserve

NEW:
Evan Williams BIB
Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Is been a while so I'll update my list

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel
JW Dant BIB
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Knob Creek Single Barrel
Rendezvous Rye

My last bottle of 4RSB was a disappointment, and the SAOS stuff is nicer IMO, especially the BP. I could have put SAOS7, and SAOS7 rye on the list and been happy.

I like the Dant slightly better than HH6, but either will do. They taste similar to larceny to me too. EWBIB too.

I.W. Harper 15 year Bourbon

CEHT Small Batch - would say barrel proof but that's not very common

Russell's Reserve Rye Single Barrel

HighWest Bourye

Michter's Bourbon

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order. ...

Old Weller Antique

Blantons

Rock Hill Farms

Four Roses Single Barrel

Russell's Reserve Single Barrel

The private selections of the last two are my own personal unicorns nowadays. I aways pick them up whenever I come across them.

Blantons

Buffalo Trace

Bulleit 10 year

Four Roses Single Barrel

Woodford Reserve Distillers Select

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.