Booker's MSRP and allocation?

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

f0aec7341276e90a085dbcb1afac4406.jpg

Moved behind the glass too, not on the shelf anymore.

To everybody that picked it up "cheap" congrats.

It's the new reality.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$109.99 is the same thing as asking $500, nobody familiar with the bottle will buy it.  I ran around and bought a few specific batches at normal prices.  Having actually paid attention to the Bookers in a lot of stores.....they don't sell a high volume at $50-60.  I could easily find a dozen 2014 or older bottles in an afternoon.

found one 2014 batch last week and bought it, all else was 2016 batches. I'm loaded on 2016 "off your rocker" batches.

Wish I could find older batches in LV, only the 2016 are available with the exception of a lone bottle of Oven Buster that I found.

I stopped at a LS while on vacation and saw it at $81.99. The shelf was empty.

I like Booker's but definitely wouldn't pay that much. 

Edited by jackthedog
Grammar

24 minutes ago, jackthedog said:

I stopped at a LS while on vacation and saw it at $81.99. The shelf was empty.

I like Booker's but definitely wouldn't pay that much. 

Sometimes it is interesting to see what is popular in one area of the country compared to another.  We travel to the Tampa area (St. Pete and Indian Rocks Beach) and it seems like there is always a lot of Knob Creek on the shelves.  I know KC is popular but there seems to be a lot more on the shelves than in other areas we visit.  I know many have sworn off BS products but I will continue to by KC and KCSB until the prices increase beyond reason.  In the case of KC, I am a buyer at $28 and less while with KCSB, I am a buyer at $40 or less for private selects and $35 or less for the standard bottling.  Never was much of a Booker's buyer and, unless on sale, Bakers has already jumped out of the reasonable range.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Costco stores still have pallets of Booker's for $49 around here. I just don't understand how they can be selling it in bulk to Costco and complaining that supplies are strained. The cynic in me says it's just to clear current stock and create a shortage, but that couldn't possibly be the case ...

I picked a few bottles up from a place in Brooklyn www.wines4today.com for $47.89, pretty much $55 and up everywhere around here. Batch was 2013-7 which I think was a round table batch (pre-named batches). Website shows over 60 bottles left, since the shipping wasn't all that different from the tax I would have paid I just shipped them to my house and they were packed real well. 

10 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

Costco stores still have pallets of Booker's for $49 around here. I just don't understand how they can be selling it in bulk to Costco and complaining that supplies are strained. The cynic in me says it's just to clear current stock and create a shortage, but that couldn't possibly be the case ...

I understand your cynicism but they also sold pallets of KC 9Y to Sams Club shortly before dropping the age statement. 

22 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I understand your cynicism but they also sold pallets of KC 9Y to Sams Club shortly before dropping the age statement. 

Just a guess but probably a convenient way to get as much of the 9yo labeled stuff out of the distribution system fairly quickly so that they could get the new NAS label on shelves in the rest of the market fairly uniformly.

7 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Just a guess but probably a convenient way to get as much of the 9yo labeled stuff out of the distribution system fairly quickly so that they could get the new NAS label on shelves in the rest of the market fairly uniformly.

That fits with my "slightly" more than casual observations and conversations with purveyors in my area, particularly those who have been selling it for $22-23 per 750 for close to a year.

I see the trend in my area as well. About a month ago one of our biggest chain stores put bookers on sale for 49.99.  There isn't a tag on the shelf anymore for Bookers.  I was in there the other day and they have the age stated KC on sale for 23.99.  

Booker's pricing has always been weird. In particular, every now and again it shows up in duty frees.

On my way up to Canada to see the family for Xmas, the Bluegill batch was at the Peace Bridge for $36USD.

I bought 2, and went through one over the holidays with my sister. Bluegill wasn't up my alley as the batches go - more corn oily taste as opposed to big caramel - reminded me of some old bottles of IW Harper I've got (not a bad thing). Still, a "bad" Booker's is better than a good many other things...

I share the sentiment that at $75, I'd take a SAOS or 4R barrel pick every. single. time. So I guess that's the end of my Beam patronage for a while, apart from the odd bar where the fruits of Clermont are the only thing available, or the odd freak duty free time warp.

I don't hate them in any way, they just aren't my first choice, and Booker's @$50 was their most compelling argument for me.

I believe a bottle of the third one sku listed can be had at a golf course in Scotland.  Auction price on the secondary market, in case you don't play golf, recently was $1,900+, but you have to pick it up someplace in Europe.  If I can't get an intact case . . .  But then, I'm not really a Scotch fan.  Never mind.

Every ABC store in my extended area has Booker at 59.95.  As far as I can tell, none of it has moved since before Christmas.  I visit regularly, and have a decent eye for depleting stock, watching it since the "pre-scare" started, in case I needed to purchase a couple. 

this week I've seen it between $50 and $80. I bought 10 at $45 when I heard the $100 plan. If Booker's settles in at $70-ish, I would grab the SAOS barrel proofer's instead every time. But, It's all about what you like and what you're willing to pay for it. I like Booker's, but when priced above $50, it has too much serious competition. That's just one guy's opinion though.

14 minutes ago, Swoboda said:

Small local chain has Booker's on sale this week for $44.99 . . . "Off Your Rocker" is on the shelf.  :huh:

That's a good price for a 136 proof bourbon.  Same price as KCSB, but higher proof.  I'd have a bottle at that. 

10 hours ago, Whiskey Dick said:

this week I've seen it between $50 and $80. I bought 10 at $45 when I heard the $100 plan. If Booker's settles in at $70-ish, I would grab the SAOS barrel proofer's instead every time. But, It's all about what you like and what you're willing to pay for it. I like Booker's, but when priced above $50, it has too much serious competition. That's just one guy's opinion though.

Those are going to be harder to find in the near future as well. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.