What beer are you drinking? (winter 2016/2017)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Split a couple of bottle tonight and had a Boulevard Imperial Stout with Coconut and a Founder's Lizard of Koz.  The Boulevard was very good, but the Lizard of Koz was way too sweet.  It tasted a little bit like a chocolate covered blueberry which would have been nice for a small taste, but was too much for a glass.

9 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Split a couple of bottle tonight and had a Boulevard Imperial Stout with Coconut and a Founder's Lizard of Koz.  The Boulevard was very good, but the Lizard of Koz was way too sweet.  It tasted a little bit like a chocolate covered blueberry which would have been nice for a small taste, but was too much for a glass.

Those Boulevard stouts are all winners. I think the coconut was my favorite of that series.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:59 PM, JoeTerp said:

I tried the Lizard of Koz on tap in MI.  I agree, the chocolate and blueberry flavors really came through.  It was quite sweet.  It was nice to taste but not something I loved.  I recently passed on a bottle I saw locally.

23 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Had a Boulevard Rye On Rye yesterday. Very tasty brew.:)

Cheers!

I have my eye out for that one.

1 hour ago, meadeweber said:

I have my eye out for that one.

To me, it was very tasty.

Cheers!

Clown Shoes Very Angry Beast from my own bottle. Good barrel-aged imperial stout, lots of bourbon character and chocolatey flavors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears Icehouse has changed; got stronger (now 6.9%).  Because it's over 6%, the word "beer" can't be found on the label.  I suppose it could be called malt liquor now.  As far as cheap beer or malt liquor go - it's pretty good.

Just picked up a (very salty ) 6 pack. But it's a damn tasty DIPA. Love the touch of honey offsetting the bitter/citrus of the hops.

IMG_5725.JPG

Edited by Old Dusty

Fu Manchu Double IPA from Galena Brewing Co.. It's always nice when you can have beer on tap at the brewery. This one, for a change these days, isn't overly hopped and is a very pleasant, full bodied IPA.

On February 12, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Old Dusty said:

Just picked up a (very salty ) 6 pack. But it's a damn tasty DIPA. Love the touch of honey offsetting the bitter/citrus of the hops.

IMG_5725.JPG

I agree the touch of honey made this one of my favorite DIPAs ever.  Fortunately I went back to the store to buy another six pack and found they had two cases left.  I bought 1 case figuring that I could enjoy one every night for most of the month!   Failed to tell the wife it was $19.99 a six pack.....Oops.  

Sixpoint Hi-Res last night.  I didn't really like the first can I had last week.  I thought it had too bitter of a finish but I gave it another try last night and it was much better, actually well balanced and very good.  Glad I have a couple more cans.  I'll have to hide them in the back of the fridge so the neighbors don't see them when they come over for beer.  :)

On 2/16/2017 at 8:17 AM, meadeweber said:

Sixpoint Hi-Res last night.  I didn't really like the first can I had last week.  I thought it had too bitter of a finish but I gave it another try last night and it was much better, actually well balanced and very good.  Glad I have a couple more cans.  I'll have to hide them in the back of the fridge so the neighbors don't see them when they come over for beer.  :)

Problem solved, picked up another 4 pack of Hi-Res yesterday.

1 hour ago, meadeweber said:

Problem solved, picked up another 4 pack of Hi-Res yesterday.

I have some Hi-Res and Resin coming in, hopefully the package should be here tomorrow. I had some Sixpoint brews back around 2007, trade with Shaun.

Cheers!

On 2/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, Old Dusty said:

IMG_5725.JPG

Very tasty DIPA. Will be reunited shortly. Been close to probably 8-9 years since I've last had this brew.

Cheers!

Firestone Krieky Bones tonight. Decent kriek, much lighter in flavor than I was expecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time tasting this one. Nice faint oaky note and a slight hint of bourbon complement the roasty stout flavors.

20170218_145741.jpg

First time tasting this one. Nice faint oaky note and a slight hint of bourbon complement the roasty stout flavors.
20170218_145741.thumb.jpg.7b14d40dfa828c072972ea9e45737ab5.jpg

Good beer. Always feels a bit thin to me though. Could be my brain expecting something viscous because of the WT barrel aging.

Tonight I went to one of the local German bars for a couple beers with friends. Started off with a Weltenburg Dunkel, which was really tasty at first but started tasting a bit too sweet as it warmed. After that I switched to Kostritzer, which has little to no sweetness by my palate and followed the Weltenburg well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.