What beer are you drinking? (winter 2016/2017)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Good beer. Always feels a bit thin to me though. Could be my brain expecting something viscous because of the WT barrel aging.

It was kinda thin for a stout, but it had good flavor. At $9, I'm not sure if I'll be buying another any time soon.

Avery Raspberry Sour. This smells like fresh raspberries and has a nice, sour brown ale base. Really tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Avery Raspberry Sour. This smells like fresh raspberries and has a nice, sour brown ale base. Really tasty.

Sounds tasty. Can't recall ever seeing this one but I'll pick one up if I come across it. 

3 hours ago, emr454 said:

Sounds tasty. Can't recall ever seeing this one but I'll pick one up if I come across it. 

Cool, would love to hear your notes if you do come across it. Just FYI I had batch #5, which is 5.6% ABV, though I'd imagine all the batches are pretty solid.

Topanga Gulch,  a special release from Half Acre today. 8% DIPA hopped with Citra, Equinox and Chinook. Definetly not your father's ;) juicy NE IPA or any HopSlammy sweetness, I call it a winner. Complex citrus, dank on dank, long lasting dry finish-damn maybe forever, being muted now by a pour of bourbon. Another Half Acre IPA, Gone Away, our always in the frig house beer, was the aperitif.

IMG_4241.thumb.JPG.853c5dfb5f9e4bfe47d00b18271ae3eb.JPG

Edited by T Comp

First taste of Orval his afternoon. Lightly malty and bready, then fades into some hop bitterness and a sour note. Reminds me of a less effervescent gueuze. Tasty!

20170225_120938.jpg

On February 24, 2017 at 9:44 PM, T Comp said:

Topanga Gulch,  a special release from Half Acre today. 8% DIPA hopped with Citra, Equinox and Chinook. Definetly not your father's ;) juicy NE IPA or any HopSlammy sweetness, I call it a winner. Complex citrus, dank on dank, long lasting dry finish-damn maybe forever, being muted now by a pour of bourbon. Another Half Acre IPA, Gone Away, our always in the frig house beer, was the aperitif.

That sounds delicious! Love me some citrusy, dank IPA's. 

"Brother Thelonious", from North Coast Brewing in Fort Bragg, CA., a Belgian Abbey style ale in a corked and caged 750 ml bottle. Malty, slight sour taste, with notes of black licorice and coffee. As the label on the bottle claims, "Bottled Bebop".

Edited by Postal Grunt
misspelling

9 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

"Brother Thelonious", from North Coast Brewing in Fort Bragg, CA., a Belgian Abbey style ale in a corked and caged 750 ml bottle. Malty, slight sour taste, with notes of black licorice and coffee. As the label on the bottle claims, "Bottled Bebop".

That's a good one.

Cheers!

Another Rodenbach Alexander tonight. This beer is incredibly refreshing. Tons of cherry, some vinegaryness, lemon, just the right amount of tart.

Had the Rodenbach Alexander twice on draft this past week.  Maybe the best sour I've ever had!

19 hours ago, scratchline said:

Had the Rodenbach Alexander twice on draft this past week.  Maybe the best sour I've ever had!

Yes it's excellent. Pretty cool that you got to have it on draft - I bought three 750ml bottles of it and I've already drunk two with the help of my significant other.

My first Jolly Pumpkin brew. Has a signature wheat beer flavor with tart, sour highlights. An interesting brew.

20170304_162453.jpg

I read in the Indy Star a few days ago; Indiana is going to get Yuengling Lager, Light, and Black & Tan, starting April.

Edited by PaulO

Tonight I had the Boulevard/Firestone Collaboration #6, which is a blend of Bourbon Barrel Quad, Stickee Monkee, Imperial Stout X - Tart Cherry, and Velvet Merkin. It was good but surprisingly mellow for a beer at 12.5% ABV. It's possible that the spicy Korean food I had for dinner beforehand overwhelmed my tastebuds and made this one more muted than it actually is. Not bad, just unexciting.

7 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Tonight I had the Boulevard/Firestone Collaboration #6, which is a blend of Bourbon Barrel Quad, Stickee Monkee, Imperial Stout X - Tart Cherry, and Velvet Merkin. It was good but surprisingly mellow for a beer at 12.5% ABV. It's possible that the spicy Korean food I had for dinner beforehand overwhelmed my tastebuds and made this one more muted than it actually is. Not bad, just unexciting.

I enjoyed that one.

11 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I'm hoping I enjoy it more than you. I picked up a bottle at Costco today. 

Supporting a local brewer today. Tried this at a "Taste of NY" event monday evening. Has a nice malty backbone wih just enough resiny hop bitterness to keep it balanced.

20170310_152557.jpg

I'm hoping I enjoy it more than you. I picked up a bottle at Costco today. 

I got mine at Costco as well - it was a steal. I really think my dinner threw me off, it just tasted muted. Looks like MtNBourbon enjoyed it.

Weihenstephaner Korbinian, probably my favorite beer of all time. Slightly roasty and bready with a hint of barleywine and some banana notes. Tasty dopplebock.

20170311_173244.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.