Four Roses 2017 Small Batch LE

beasled
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

41 minutes ago, flahute said:

It's being released in June during the Bourbon Affair.

Thanks for the info flahute. So when is the Bourbon Affair actually going on? I'm actually going with a buddy on June 1st, 2nd, & 3rd to Kentucky. We are meeting up with Brent Elliot to select a 4R Private Barrel.

13 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Thanks for the info flahute. So when is the Bourbon Affair actually going on? I'm actually going with a buddy on June 1st, 2nd, & 3rd to Kentucky. We are meeting up with Brent Elliot to select a 4R Private Barrel.

June 6-11. Supposedly it gets released during Whiskey Live on Saturday the 10th. Last year Elliot's Select showed up in the gift shop on Thursday of KBA week (if I remember correctly) so who knows the exact day.

4R rep said the release is in June, but I can't speak for local markets

Good Deal. Maybe we can get a taste while in Kentucky. If not, I'll wait for it to be released here at home.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an article about the upcoming June release of the 2017 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition bourbon. It commemorates the 50th anniversary of Al Young's career with Four Roses.

https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/four-roses-limited-edition-small-batch-bourbon/

The blend sounds very interesting to me. The youngest bourbon in the blend is 12 years old, the oldest is 23 years. Nice old school bottle design, too. Hopefully I can find a bottle.

Sounds like it will be yet another wonderful release from 4-R.     I wonder what the chances are that I will get an opportunity to own a bottle.    Slim, I assume.    Well, I'll keep hope alive, at least for now.

I just heard from Four Roses social media that this will be released at the distillery and bottling facility gift shops on Monday, June 12th. Limit 1 per person, and no pre-orders/phone reservations. First come, first served. I'm not sure if there will be earlier releases outside the confines of the distillery and bottling facility.

I am really looking forward to this release and even more excited that Four Roses has announced that this will not take the place of their regularly scheduled fall release of the Limited Edition Small Batch.  The label for the fall release was just recently approved and will include a slight change from four mashbills to only three and will not include any "B" (higher rye percentage) mashbills among the final blend!

Al Young was pouring this last night at the KBA's host hotel. I can now say that it's quite good and that I will be seeking it out. The 23yr old bourbon seems to be just the right amount at about 5% of the blend. 

Had another couple pours tonight. 

Yesterday's analysis confirmed. It's really good. 

Did you get it for retail? Because if not, um dude, you're going to get totes flamed!

3 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

Did you get it for retail? Because if not, um dude, you're going to get totes flamed!

Sorry; but "totes flamed"... What do it mean???    Bear with me.     I'm old and expected to be out of it... and am exactly that.

Just now, Richnimrod said:

Sorry; but "totes flamed"... What do it mean???    Bear with me.     I'm old and expected to be out of it... and am exactly that.

Oh I was just being silly. Happy National Bourbon day good sir.

3 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Not sure if you are asking me or not, but my pours were completely free!

I had 2 oz last night. Can confirm flahute's review. It is really good. Great nose, very complex on the palette with a nice smooth finish. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this was released at the distillery a few weeks back, but has anyone seen one in the wild yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to purchase two bottles of this limited release in the wild after waiting in line for a few hours. For all of you that are curious if its worth the hunt or MSRP, I can tell you that it is. This might be one of the best limited releases to come out of four roses in quite some time. I couldnt agree more with one of the above comments regarding the 5% 23 year addition really adding to the overall smoothness and depth of flavor. Enjoy your time with a pour of this bottle if you are able to track one down!

I was able to purchase two bottles of this limited release in the wild after waiting in line for a few hours. For all of you that are curious if its worth the hunt or MSRP, I can tell you that it is. This might be one of the best limited releases to come out of four roses in quite some time. I couldnt agree more with one of the above comments regarding the 5% 23 year addition really adding to the overall smoothness and depth of flavor. Enjoy your time with a pour of this bottle if you are able to track one down!

So you purchased this from a store or 3rd party? Asking because I haven’t seen anything about anyone buying this or seeing it in a store yet.

12 minutes ago, briankeith513 said:

So you purchased this from a store or 3rd party? Asking because I haven’t seen anything about anyone buying this or seeing it in a store yet.

Purchased from a store in Kentucky on June 24th. 

Purchased from a store in Kentucky on June 24th. 

Niceeee, cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this in any stores outside of Kentucky?

24 minutes ago, briankeith513 said:

Has anyone seen this in any stores outside of Kentucky?

Yes. I haven't seen them myself but know of them. 

Yes. I haven't seen them myself but know of them. 

Interesting. Haven’t seen it or heard of it anywhere in Atlanta

Friend of mine found some in Wisconsin, totally blew me away, never thought I would see one of these

Got lucky and was able to score a bottle of this today at one of my favorite local stores. They decided to add a bit of a premium to the price though. I'm hoping it was worth the $199 plus tax that I had to pay. I'll confess that is the most I've ever been willing to pay for a bottle of Bourbon or Scotch...I guess my threshold had now risen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.