Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

This is my Houston Hurricane Harvey flood stash.

I kept a box with the contents in the pic below on the ground in a closet on the ground floor. House was flooded with about 5 inches of water for close to a day.

Looks like I kept most of my good stuff in cabinets that avoided the flood. Also this stuff looks good, even if if the box was soaking wet.

I'm out of the bourbon game for a while until I get through this cleanup and rebuild done. When things are back to normal will need to open something special.

639b361c2a91d04daae88242207ef2d9.jpg

When things settle down for you, I'm happy to buy a few rounds at Poison Girl. I'm sure it's a small consolation in the grand scheme, but I also don't know you to turn down a good deal on nice bourbon.

Also, make sure you wash those bottles off well. Better safe than sorry with some of that contaminated water in the floods.

13 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I kept a box with the contents in the pic below on the ground in a closet on the ground floor. House was flooded with about 5 inches of water for close to a day.

Looks like I kept most of my good stuff in cabinets that avoided the flood. Also this stuff looks good, even if if the box was soaking wet.

I'm out of the bourbon game for a while until I get through this cleanup and rebuild done. When things are back to normal will need to open something special.

Glad to know you are doing well and all was not totally lost. 5 inches isn't great, but it sure beats 5 feet. Best wishes on the cleanup and putting things back to the way they were!!

Sorry to read it, Nit. Best of luck with the cleanup. We'll be drinking and laughing about this before you know it.

17 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

On the plus side, you'll be able to share those with friends as HoustonNit Hurricane Surviving Bourbon! Glad to hear you're well despite what's happened. Here's to a quick recovery and the best to you and your family!

Thanks mosugoji, Tot, all for the kind words will definitely have to open up some hurricane bottles with friends once everything is back to normal

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks mosugoji, Tot, all for the kind words will definitely have to open up some hurricane bottles with friends once everything is back to normal

You could mark those up 3x on the secondary as "Hurricane Surviving" B)

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, Gorzo said:

That's pretty awesome. Where did you get the shelving. Looked online can't find much but the baskets. 

These are the Intermetro brand with wire basket shelves. I get them from the Container store. A bit spendy but they have been reliable. Amazon may have a better deal on them but when I looked originally they were cheaper and readily available at the Container store. Just bought my fifth rack because those little buggers seem to be propagating in the dark!

I have three 48" basket shelves with a flat shelf at the top and bottom spaced for what seems to be maximum storage efficiency.

On September 4, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Phil T said:

This is for you Joe. These are all single barrels. And I have more not pictured. Hard to tell, but it is 5 deep.

You're making me drool Phil. :P 

Cheers! Joe

You could mark those up 3x on the secondary as "Hurricane Surviving" B)

No way these are for me to drink.

That being said might be willing to trade for some gallon jugs of mold control. Every hardware store in town is out.

c770986584517701d5bc159e1d11b0f5.jpg

A better pic.
20170904_121228.thumb.jpg.685d2dd119c79117432be0b8b777df7e.jpg

Late to the party but this is unbelievably awesome.

I'm still trying to get my first bottle of this. Only two stores in the state of Texas got a barrel of WA107. One in the Houston area sold out in 24hrs.

9 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

These are the Intermetro brand with wire basket shelves. I get them from the Container store. A bit spendy but they have been reliable. Amazon may have a better deal on them but when I looked originally they were cheaper and readily available at the Container store. Just bought my fifth rack because those little buggers seem to be propagating in the dark!

I have three 48" basket shelves with a flat shelf at the top and bottom spaced for what seems to be maximum storage efficiency.

Thanks again

6 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

By the looks of things, I have a long way to go to catch up with some of these stashes 

IMG_4752.JPG

Don't worry.  There are some heavyweight stashes on here that nobody could ever catch up to no matter what you do, unless you can time travel back to pre-boom times.  Some of these guys had the foresight (or hoarding tendencies) to load up their stashes before LE's became hard to find.

On 9/9/2017 at 3:40 PM, Stump1998 said:

By the looks of things, I have a long way to go to catch up with some of these stashes 

IMG_4752.JPG

You have a good thing going there. I could find plenty to drink on that table!

On 10/09/2017 at 0:40 AM, Stump1998 said:

IMG_4752.JPG

Pretty solid! 

On 9/9/2017 at 6:40 PM, Stump1998 said:

IMG_4752.JPG

It's not just the size of the stash but the variety and quality.  You have a good start on both.  I see at least a dozen or more that I would be glad to share a pour of with you.

Thanks for all the kind words. I keep telling myself not to get caught up in all the LE bottles and running all over the places trying to hunt down things. I buy bottles easily found and go home and enjoy them.

Really nothing new to report in the past year since my bunker relocated during our move... I added a few more ECBP here and there and had them all out today checking on batch numbers. 3-12, all closed. With an additional batch 11 and 13 opened, the latter being the only new label I've come across and I had to uncork for comparisons.

I guess I should look to trade for batches 1 and 2 but they must go for a premium now, and probably not worth it.

bQxIr7a.jpg

4 hours ago, Auracom said:

Really nothing new to report in the past year since my bunker relocated during our move... I added a few more ECBP here and there and had them all out today checking on batch numbers. 3-12, all closed. With an additional batch 11 and 13 opened, the latter being the only new label I've come across and I had to uncork for comparisons.

I guess I should look to trade for batches 1 and 2 but they must go for a premium now, and probably not worth it.

bQxIr7a.jpg

Wow - That's a bunch of tasty stuff.  My bunker is full of that too.  Sounds like those older bottles taste better than the newer style - at least from what I read on the interwebs.  What do you think?  I've never tried the newer releases.

16 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Wow - That's a bunch of tasty stuff.  My bunker is full of that too.  Sounds like those older bottles taste better than the newer style - at least from what I read on the interwebs.  What do you think?  I've never tried the newer releases.

Every old bottle tastes better than the new bottle according to the webs....  Honestly I like the new batch more than the others I have open two of which are in the old bottle. 

On 9/12/2017 at 3:06 PM, Stump1998 said:

Thanks for all the kind words. I keep telling myself not to get caught up in all the LE bottles and running all over the places trying to hunt down things. I buy bottles easily found and go home and enjoy them.

I look back on pictures of when I had like 20 bottles and remember thinking I was crazy for having that many! If you really enjoy bourbon, (and continue to peruse this website) you will run out of room for it all without even trying... Get to know a liquor store owner or manager and pick up a bottle of something new and/or a refill of one you've emptied and try to get in a conversation and take their advice once in a while (sometimes with a grain of salt) build a relationship and the LE's will start coming as well. You're off to a great start! Pretty soon people will stop looking at your stash with admiration and start looking at you like maybe you need help! :lol: Just remember, it isn't a contest... the only way to win is to enjoy it!

Doing some basement work paint and building a bar finished my cabinet this weekend and got the bottles I want in it pretty happy how it turned out. Now just to build the bar and get it stocked. 

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.