Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:50 PM, BottledInBond said:

There are bottles I bring or ship from where I live but they buy most of it. There's a bunch more in other cabinets. I can drink whatever. I'm sitting on their balcony working on some 2011 OFBB. Cheers to the weekend 

IMG_2256.JPG

Ahhh...you have to love 4th street in Downtown Louisville on a nice crisp fall day. Lucky for you there is plenty on the shelf for the evening to help drown out the gunshots. Damn I miss home.

Looking through this thread inspired me to go to my stashes/bunkers and inventory what bourbons I have that aren’t open in the pantry.  No “unicorns “, but some good bourbons I like and a few store picks I wanted multiples of.

97B94A70-310A-48C8-A192-0490CB5AF248.jpeg

Edited by NDN98
  • I like it 1

Looking through this thread inspired me to go to my stashes/bunkers and inventory what bourbons I have that aren’t open in the pantry.  No “unicorns “, but some good bourbons I like and a few store picks I wanted multiples of.

97B94A70-310A-48C8-A192-0490CB5AF248.thumb.jpeg.325fa6b6fd4c1281ecbc0b1cc8f9f2b1.jpeg

I don't know if I'd say "No Unicorns". To many those bottles of W12 might as well be unicorns, although I'm usually able to find a few. I've never seen a bottle of Rhetoric in the wild, and don't recall seeing HPR very often either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, elmossle said:

Ahhh...you have to love 4th street in Downtown Louisville on a nice crisp fall day. Lucky for you there is plenty on the shelf for the evening to help drown out the gunshots. Damn I miss home.

The in-laws have both a nice whiskey setup, and a cool location to live. Basically next to the Seelbach with that balcony looking down 4th. Not a bad place to have to visit

The Cocktail Component Room: No bourbon here, but an in-depth exploration of liqueur, amaro, fernet, cognac, vermouth, aperitif, digestif, bitters, herbal, mead and blended whiskey (plus cocktail grade spirits). I'm trying to effectively capture the whisk(e)y and rum room with one panoramic shot, but it's a struggle.

liqueurs_blends_amari.thumb.jpg.468f9155bbfe9fd4e82eb82c1c84948d.jpg

The Cocktail Component Room: No bourbon here, but an in-depth exploration of liqueur, amaro, fernet, cognac, vermouth, aperitif, digestif, bitters, herbal, mead and blended whiskey (plus cocktail grade spirits). I'm trying to effectively capture the whisk(e)y and rum room with one panoramic shot, but it's a struggle.

What does the wife think?

37 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

This looks somewhat familiar! In addition to whiskey I have more amaro's, liqueurs, vermouth and assorted cocktail spirits than I know what do with! Well, drinking them is probably the best thing to do... :D

Although I remain overly paranoid about storing that much of anything without some kind of safety rail on the shelf. I know my own klutz like nature too well not to eventually knock something onto the floor whilst digging through bottles.

I moved some Weller to a box for better storage and free up some room in my "secondary" cabinet. (No not secondary market!) Noticed that the Two Stars bottles seemed to be the same as older Weller. Perfect!

20171101_221528-1008x756.jpg

20171101_221520-756x1008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wife opened the cabinet under the sink in the man cave and saw this. It was an exciting discussion after that ..... that ended with....”don’t u also have two boxes on top of the fridge and three boxes of bourbon at your brothers house”..... I️ remained silent, I️ have almost 4 at my brothers house !!

2213844df91897a8b96d2531ac9694dd.jpg

• I like it 4

3 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Wife opened the cabinet under the sink in the man cave and saw this. It was an exciting discussion after that ..... that ended with....”don’t u also have two boxes on top of the fridge and three boxes of bourbon at your brothers house”..... I️ remained silent, I️ have almost 4 at my brothers house !!

:lol: God Bless. Sounds like you have a good one.

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Are we related? We have the same taste in bourbon and beer. I showed your post to my wife. I got an eyeroll. :)

Are we related? We have the same taste in bourbon and beer. I showed your post to my wife. I got an eyeroll. [emoji4]

lol I think we all have the same taste in beer and bourbon.
  • I like it 1

Found this in an old HD. From my early days. Thought it is "cute" compared to my present stash. Missing that old Rittenhouse goodness. Also it is double cute that you could accidentally buy W12 without knowing jack about bourbon back then.

stash.jpg

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 1

28 minutes ago, Kane said:

Second post due to filesize limitations.

And here's me getting the hang of it.

IMG_20141113_085143.jpg

DAT JEFFERSON'S 10 YR RYE THO!

Jk. Nice stash.

Edited by Government Beard

2 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

DAT JEFFERSON'S 10 YR RYE THO!!!!!!

The sad part is I never got to taste it. It went as a gift to my father living overseas. Probably the best thing I did for dad :)

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, Kane said:

The sad part is I never got to taste it. It went as a gift to my father living overseas. Probably the best thing I did for dad :)

That's great. Sure he appreciates some good rye and depending on the country he is in, could be difficult to wrangle some.

Huzzah. 

9 hours ago, Kane said:

Found this in an old HD. From my early days. Thought it is "cute" compared to my present stash. Missing that old Rittenhouse goodness. Also it is double cute that you could accidentally buy W12 without knowing jack about bourbon back then.

LOL... I know. I have pics from a few years ago when I lined up all 20 of my bottles of bourbon.  Some people thought I had a problem then... :o

A quick count Sunday revealed 173... :)

Edited by JTaylor
  • I like it 3

16 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

my novice stash. For a long time I just kept one or two scotch, bourbon, rye, gin and rum selections.

Looks pretty good to me J. Hell, We all had to start somewhere.

Looking back now, even I have to laugh at my own meager beginnings. My first three bottles were MM, KC and WR. :rolleyes:

Cheers! Joe

1 hour ago, jshleffar said:

my novice stash. For a long time I just kept one or two scotch, bourbon, rye, gin and rum selections.

Nice looking stash. Some gems in there.

Thoughts on the new ECBP and the Midwinters? 

Huzzah

I love batch B from this year (got 3 of them) and havent opened up the batch c yet to side by side. Im waiting for family to get in town for thanksgiving then side by side with parkers heritage as well. Regarding the Midwinter's, I really enjoy it, when Im in the mood for it. It reminds me of a baked brie with a savory fruit compote, it has richness, some breadiness and tons of dill with grape and strawberry jam to it. It could never be a daily drink for me at any price, but when I want something deserty yet challenging it's easily the best choice Ive got.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, jshleffar said:

stash.jpg

Very nice stash... You've got some good stuff there. Now the bug hits to buy multiples of SBs and Store Picks that you like and before you know it you need extra cabinet space, then an extra room!

Is that a wax-dipped Noah's Mill back there in the corner? The older Noah's Mill was one of my favorites, not so much nowadays...

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post.   I've been a bourbon drinker on and off since college (graduated in 2001 from Ole Miss).  Up until about 3 months ago I tried to keep about 3-4 bottles of a mix of four roses, buffalo trace,  knob creek and other basic drinkers.   Well I got to know a neighbor who is a huge vintage collector and, after trying a bunch of stuff I didn't even know existed, I found a new appreciation for the brown liquor.  I have since lived and breathed bourbon day-in-day-out.  I have become obsessed with trying new stuff, meeting as many LS owners as possible and buying everything I can get my hands on at a decent price within a 150 mile radius.  I've amassed a fair amount since September.  My wife thinks I've gone bat-shit crazy, but she likes manhattans and old fashions, and has come to appreciate the medicinal qualities of a nip of good bourbon to get her through a recent cold.   Unfortunately, our dining room is now unusable.   I guess I'm going to have to get some built-in cabinets installed in another room to house this stuff so that we will have a place to eat.

Anyway, I've been lurking here since September and learning a lot.  Who knew mixing WSR and OGD114 3 to 2 would produce such a delicious product?!  Anyway, nice to meet all yall.

Stash1.jpg

Edited by Tom G
  • I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.