Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not exactly my stash, but this is part of the setup at my in-laws' place. I love it because when I come here because I can usually tell that nobody has had a pour from any given bottle since I had last 

IMG_2253.JPG

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Not exactly my stash, but this is part of the setup at my in-laws' place. I love it because when I come here because I can usually tell that nobody has had a pour from any given bottle since I had last 

IMG_2253.JPG

Do your in-laws provide the booze on those shelves?  Is any bottle up for grabs for drinking when you are there?

2 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

IMG_2253.JPG

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Do your in-laws provide the booze on those shelves?  Is any bottle up for grabs for drinking when you are there?

Yeah, I know what I'd be reaching for...  :):):)

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

Yeah, I know what I'd be reaching for...  :):):)

The back of that center shelf looks pretty good.  Looks like a Blood Oath on the end of that shelf...you can have that one. :)

35 minutes ago, Clueby said:

There are bottles I bring or ship from where I live but they buy most of it. There's a bunch more in other cabinets. I can drink whatever. I'm sitting on their balcony working on some 2011 OFBB. Cheers to the weekend 

IMG_2256.JPG

35 minutes ago, Clueby said:

The back of that center shelf looks pretty good.  Looks like a Blood Oath on the end of that shelf...you can have that one. :)

Remember I'm taller than you.... :P

3 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

IMG_2253.JPG

Now that is quite the collection to enjoy! I love the layout of the shelving too (I'm actually in the works of drawing up what I want for storage in a nook in my living room).  

What hooch is there is fine and dandy; however, I must ask this question...

What the hell is up with all that 'wasted' space???    :mellow:   I mean; mundane stuff like boox, and family pictures filling up shelves?     ...Not to mention knick-knacks!   :o

Could be lots more space for a really nice bunker, I say!!  ;)

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Remember I'm taller than you.... :P

That's what they make stepstools for!

Dang..i needed to marry better. Ha. Shhh...was that out loud?

On 10/20/2017 at 1:17 PM, BottledInBond said:

IMG_2253.JPG

Nice bonus marrying in to that family.

This is my drinking shelf. I can only open something new if I have space. It’s a good system for me. Always excited to finish off a bottle!

218144D7-BA07-4B75-A586-DEED6E924133.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

This is my drinking shelf. I can only open something new if I have space. It’s a good system for me. Always excited to finish off a bottle!

218144D7-BA07-4B75-A586-DEED6E924133.jpeg

Why do you remove the labels?

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Why do you remove the labels?

I  prefer the visual appearance of the bourbon in the clear glass bottles.  The Blanton's in particular I think looks really nice.  Removing the labels seemed easier then finding a bunch of glass or crystal decanters.  

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I  prefer the visual appearance of the bourbon in the clear glass bottles.  The Blanton's in particular I think looks really nice.  Removing the labels seemed easier then finding a bunch of glass or crystal decanters.  

I always remove the band when I smoke cigars.

I always (well, nearly always) remove the panties... Uh,Oh.   Better quit there.    Never mind.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I always (well, nearly always) remove the panties... Uh,Oh.   Better quit there.    Never mind.

You were going to say "from the blow up doll" weren't you. ;)

• I like it 3

49 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

No silly, he's saying he does so before using the restroom...

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You're right Joe, don't know what I was thinking.

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Heeee-He!    Maybe you're both right!   :o

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Heeee-He!    Maybe you're both right!   :o

BINGO!  We have a winner.

16 hours ago, Bbstout said:

I always remove the band when I smoke cigars.

I used to smoke quite a few cigars and my favorite presentation was the older 50 count cabinets of cuban cigars that had no bands were presented in a bundle  wrapped in a yellow ribbon.  Sadly those days are gone as Habanos SA realized they could make five 10 count boxes in fancy packaging/individual tubes and charge 3x more for the same amount of tobacco.  

95a2fe2f30fd4edff812d29828392d4a.jpg
Unloaded a small portion of the bunker today fresh off the moving truck. I’ll try and snap a few pics of the rest as I get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Unloaded a small portion of the bunker today fresh off the moving truck. I’ll try and snap a few pics of the rest as I get to it.

Hell of a start

Gosh this looks a lot like my stash except you seem to find handles while all I can get is fifths.

I see a SBSBS in the near future! I took a Weller inventory this morning. 

5 WSR 750s

14 OWA 750s including the 3 PS shown.

1 OWA 1.75

2 W12 750s one old, one new

1 W12 1L that I forgot I had!

1 WLW 2016

Decanter of GW4G

Decanter of SB Blend 50:50

I think I have a problem but I'm nowhere near Joe!

When did the bottles stop saying "Distilled By W. L. Weller And Sons..." and start saying "Distilled By Buffalo Trace Distillery..."?  From a quick scan of bottles I'd say somewhere around 2013.

20171028_111934-1008x756.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.