Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It is a Japanese export bottled by KBD in the early 2000's. Some of the bottles I have are for collectible purposes like that , the older Van Winkles and a few other. I like collecting stuff for whatever reason. All the recent stuff Like the limited additions, PVW 15  or  W13 I already have a bottle open or will open in the future.  My post was more to show my pride of being able to use my closet as my Whiskey vault. Figured each shelf has been rated to hold about 500lbs of the ex's clothes so a few bottles will should be safe. 

My humble beginnings! Below is a picture of all of my open and bunkered bourbons (at home) - I still have a couple small bunkers at relatives and friends houses and I didn't include any of my scotches. (Please excuse the messy table in the background - this is what the fiancée would have wanted me to say)

IMG_1434.thumb.JPG.4b6c65339c1a030b92646e70ed2fe375.JPG

Currently, a total of (31) bottles, opened and closed. 

I had to take this picture while my better half was at work, otherwise she'd realize just how much I actually have. This is why I have multiple small bunkers around the house - it's harder to tell how much you have collectively :lol:.

Cheers!

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

My humble beginnings! Below is a picture of all of my open and bunkered bourbons (at home) - I still have a couple small bunkers at relatives and friends houses and I didn't include any of my scotches. (Please excuse the messy table in the background - this is what the fiancée would have wanted me to say)

I had to take this picture while my better half was at work, otherwise she'd realize just how much I actually have. This is why I have multiple small bunkers around the house - it's harder to tell how much you have collectively :lol:.

Cheers!

Same with me.  My spouse knows of one.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Cheers!

That's cool having a few satellite bunkers stashed at relatives. Need to apply that method myself. 

• I like it 1

Just now, Gorzo said:

That's cool having a few satellite bunkers stashed at relatives. Need to apply that method myself. 

The trick is not to leave any bourbon you wouldn't want to be drunk without you in those satellite bunkers. Lost a half bottle of Blanton's learning that the hard way ;)

Cheers!

22 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

As cool as that is ..There’s no way thats the best thing about it

Ok tied for first with about 15 other things.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, bourbon4all said:

a lot easier if you just tell them

She has either been there for or I've told her about every purchase I've made, so I'm not "hiding"anything from her, I just don't think she would "remember" all of those purchases until she saw them all lined up in front of her lol.

Better safe than sorry :D

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

The trick is not to leave any bourbon you wouldn't want to be drunk without you in those satellite bunkers. Lost a half bottle of Blanton's learning that the hard way ;)

Cheers!

If I had a stash at the fams you could buy stock in Coke. That's the only way they would touch the stuff. They are all wine and craft beer drinkers. Should see there faces when I put ice in their good wines.... I may have been adopted.

Just now, Gorzo said:

If I had a stash at the fams you could buy stock in Coke. That's the only way they would touch the stuff. They are all wine and craft beer drinkers. Should see there faces when I put ice in their good wines.... I may have been adopted.

Make sure to never offer them Pappy or BTAC, unless you want to see it mixed with Coke :(

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

She has either been there for or I've told her about every purchase I've made, so I'm not "hiding"anything from her,

Must be a newlywed. Congrats. 

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Cheers!

It's only the beginning, this is a highly addictive hobby ;-) Nice stash ! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

I took the time this past weekend to do a complete inventory of my "stash". With finishing bottles, decanting, vatting, samples and bottles I had that were destined for others, I wasn't exactly sure what I had. I even went so far as to go and get the bottles that I had in storage elsewhere. It turns out that I was only a couple of bottles off. :o It all evened out because I was plus one and minus one. ;)

Counting opened and bunkered bottles, I'm now finally down to under 100 bottles! I have 99 open and bunkered bottles. My plan is to curtail my buying, and keep on drinking and sharing what I have. 

Pic#1. Pappy and BTAC

Pic#2. Some nice odds and ends.

Pic#3. BIB's

Pic#4. Other odds and ends.

Pic#5. Buffalo Trace.

Pic#6. Weller SR

Pic#7. OWA

Pic#8. Weller 12.

I do have a few other things that aren't pictured that I keep on hand just 'cause. Other than that, this is my stash.

Sláinte! Joe

b1.jpeg

b2.jpeg

b3.jpeg

b4.jpeg

b5.jpeg

b6.jpeg

b7.jpeg

b8.jpeg

• I like it 13

Hot Damn Joe! That's a mighty fine collection you have there. I need to come up & visit you sooner than later!

Cheers,

Jeff

^^^^That's a hell of a stash Joe!  Now come on and load up on some good Beam and 4R while the getting is still good!  :lol:

Joe, I really like all those older versions of WSR, OWA and W12. I know you are very proud of those. All those bottles of WLW and Pappy are also certainly enough to give anyone a sense of bourbon zen...especially the resident Weller whore! Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow Joe just wow. Also a man that knows what he likes BIBs and obviously wheaters. Somewhat suprised by some of these bottles.

One stash area. Some was purchased. Others were free from the connections we have in the alcohol industry. Some trades.

huzzah

IMG_0317.thumb.JPG.c3c3a108c12d3c1750765d5af2ea7b07.JPG

• I like it 7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.