Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 minutes ago, DCFan said:

I get the impression everyone's waiting for me to weigh in? :D 

Let me be the first to say...... no 

(yes, I can be a dick and I'll be the first to admit it)

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Let me be the first to say...... no 

(yes, I can be a dick and I'll be the first to admit it)

I’m watching Hoarding so I’ll have to get back to you. :D

At least from what's being posted, I'm all alone out here? I am actively building a bunker. I have maybe 12 bottles open, and another 30 or so unopened. I'm buying a bit higher stuff, OF1920 and EC, the one that's whiskey of the year. But mostly I am adding stuff in my travels I can't get here.  HHBIB6 and other Kentucky only table type bourbons. I even bought a case of EWBIB. I will likely continue ramping up for 2018, then probably slow and just start drinking, gifting and sharing. Probably 100 bottles unopened will be about my limit. 

We we currently have at least 150 bottles of wine and that doesn't seem like all that much.

^ A case of EWBIB curious why? Is it something not available in your area or is there a good case discount? I like it but don’t see the point of getting a case and honestly curious why?

^ A case of EWBIB curious why? Is it something not available in your area or is there a good case discount? I like it but don’t see the point of getting a case and honestly curious why?

I agree...I even have a hard time buying it one bottle at a time as a mixer since I seldom drink bourbon cocktails other than an old fashioned. I can understand buying HH6BIB by the case, but not EWBIB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree...I even have a hard time buying it one bottle at a time as a mixer since I seldom drink bourbon cocktails other than an old fashioned. I can understand buying HH6BIB by the case, but not EWBIB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it. If you want something not to complicated at a good proof and price with a good amount of vanilla sweetness and less wood than common with most HH products it’s a good choice.

7 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

My big cabinet is completely full so I had to purchase another smaller cabinet, unfortunately I've already darn near filled this one up too.  As to the discussion about collecting vs drinking vs hoarding, I don't judge what another man does with is money.  I've got to be pushing 500 bottles of whiskey at this point and with my consumption that's at least 25 years worth of drinking but I don't plan on slowing down my buying of interesting bottles when given the chance.  Maybe someday when the wife and I retire, the buying will slow down, but until then I'll just keep hoarding, drinking, and sharing with family and friends.

Here is the new cabinet...

New Cabinet.jpg

Shovel your driveway for some Willett?!  ;)

Nice looking stash!

is that some CBC Russell Reserve on the bottom?   

My bunker has expanded slightly as I'm now up to about 75 bottles.  I have slowed a bit as I've tasted enough bottles so that I know what I like better.  My wine bunker stands at around 51 bottles right now.  Whether we have 50, 100, 200 or even 500 bottles of bourbon is immaterial.  You can never have too much bourbon.:)

• I like it 5

18 hours ago, dperk said:

Shovel your driveway for some Willett?!  ;)

Nice looking stash!

is that some CBC Russell Reserve on the bottom?   

Yep, actually a lot of those bottles on the bottom two shelves are CBC picks.  Are you in CBC?

Edited by ThirstyinOhio

20 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

It's supposed to be widely available but I hardly see it here. The store I go to doesn't even have it on the shelf so I just ordered a case. The discount is good too. Next time I'm in Kentucky I will certainly get a case of HHBIB6.

4 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Yep, actually a lot of those bottles on the bottom two shelves are CBC picks.  Are you in CBC?

I'm not in CBC, but I hope to be.

I noticed that Russell from a recent local Facebook group post about it.

Excellent collection you have.  Cheers! 

• I like it 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, dperk said:

I'm not in CBC, but I hope to be.

I noticed that Russell from a recent local Facebook group post about it.

Excellent collection you have.  Cheers! 

dperk send me an email at ohiobourbonguy@gmail.com and I can give you some info about Cleveland Bourbon Club.

I hope this doesn't violate the rules..if it does please feel free to delete it admins.

Edited by ThirstyinOhio

Had to add a shelf. 86 bottles, about half opened. Lots of ECBP and EC store picks on the left. 04-10 Evan singles next to that. Rare breed and RRsib.  Various BT mb1 and mb 2. Some older 101 and wtks. Blantons and RHF on the right but doesn’t show up. Above is all Four Roses store picks. 

DB29AEF8-7089-40C0-903D-1AD17AB3EFD1.jpeg

• I like it 9

On 1/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, Mako254 said:

Had to add a shelf. 86 bottles, about half opened. Lots of ECBP and EC store picks on the left. 04-10 Evan singles next to that. Rare breed and RRsib.  Various BT mb1 and mb 2. Some older 101 and wtks. Blantons and RHF on the right but doesn’t show up. Above is all Four Roses store picks. 

Excellent set up and collection sir!

Cheers.

• I like it 1

Basically my updated "unopeneds" cabinet for the most part. Few of them crackedIMG_0669.thumb.JPG.f9e6b94c55cffc4cb9bcf238e0fdb4aa.JPG

• I like it 8

19 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Basically my updated "unopeneds" cabinet for the most part. Few of them crackedIMG_0669.thumb.JPG.f9e6b94c55cffc4cb9bcf238e0fdb4aa.JPG

I think we have similar tastes. 

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Oh yeah. I can tell. I wanna party with you.

• I like it 1

Ha I think we all have similar tastes.

What are those Hudson’s and few of the other things on the bottom?
  • I like it 1

21 hours ago, Government Beard said:

You have good taste.  At least in bourbon.

2 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Ha ha! I mean, Hudson really is the "standout" bottle in such a stash.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

What are those Hudson’s and few of the other things on the bottom?

Hudson 'Manhattan Rye Whiskey' and 2 Hudson 4 Grain Store picks. Bottles behind that are old Bird Dog bottles. The wife is in spirits distribution and would get free bird dog bottles by the case load among other things. I am happy to say that I've never cracked one and don't really plan to...ever. Haha. Just sitting their collecting dust.

I actually need more shelf space so those are probably going to be regulated to some dark, suppressive cabinet or given away.

14 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Cheers.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Hard not to like ECBP and 4RPS.  Add me to that party.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.