Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 4

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Bottles behind that are old Bird Dog bottles. I am happy to say that I've never cracked one and don't really plan to...ever.

Oh you totally should. Bird dog is in a class of its own.

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Oh you totally should. Bird dog is in a class of its own.

Great. Yeah it's awesome I know even though I haven't tried it. I plan on flipping it on a Facebook secondary market group. Because you know, I started drinking bourbon about a month ago after I watched a few episodes of Mad Men.

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 2

I was reorganizing the liquor cabinets and decided to take a picture while they were all out. This is everything I've got so far.

IMG_1605.thumb.JPG.4b73ead95c14ff840f83c41893adbecb.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 5

16 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

I was reorganizing the liquor cabinets and decided to take a picture while they were all out. This is everything I've got so far.

IMG_1605.thumb.JPG.4b73ead95c14ff840f83c41893adbecb.JPG

Cheers!

Lots of Mash Bill #2 on the right side.  Man after my own heart.

• I like it 1

46 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Lots of Mash Bill #2 on the right side.  Man after my own heart.

I noticed that too.  Also looks like someone heard the nasty, apparently false, rumor that OGD 114 was being retired.  Great collection, lots of great Bourbon there, Enjoy!!!

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, GreggJ said:

I noticed that too.  Also looks like someone heard the nasty, apparently false, rumor that OGD 114 was being retired.  Great collection, lots of great Bourbon there, Enjoy!!!

I did hear the rumor and stocked up. You probably can't tell, but the (2) OGD114's in back don't have labels. That's because I decided to let them "finish" in a 2L barrel I got for Christmas after letting the barrel sit with some Sherry filled in it for about a week... It's actually really good stuff!

Cheers!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, anthony. g. said:

nothing special but its  what i have.

IMG_0671.JPG

No need to apologize my good man.  I see some bottles that I would definitely share with you.  The EW SiB, WTRB, 1792 Eagle Rare.  Nice bunker you have there.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, anthony. g. said:

IMG_0671.JPG

I’m a huge fan of WT101 and WTRB. I’m not much on 80 proofers, but I do enjoy the 4RYL. If they upped it to about 90 Proof I’d likely always have an open bottle in my bar. 

2 hours ago, anthony. g. said:

IMG_0671.JPG

Your stash has multiple WT101s and mine none, which automatically makes yours superior.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, GreggJ said:

Also looks like someone heard the nasty, apparently false, rumor that OGD 114 was being retired.  

Not a rumor, but a verifiable consideration. It was on the chopping block but enough of us spoke up and it was saved. For now.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I’m a huge fan of WT101 and WTRB. I’m not much on 80 proofers, but I do enjoy the 4RYL. If they upped it to about 90 Proof I’d likely always have an open bottle in my bar. 

i really like the 4RYL. it just hits the sweet spot for me. WT101 is my favorite of the bunch with the 4R a very close second.

13 hours ago, flahute said:

Not a rumor, but a verifiable consideration. It was on the chopping block but enough of us spoke up and it was saved. For now.

Thanks for the info that is very interesting.  Looks like I should start grabbing a couple extra bottles just in case.  

On 1/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, anthony. g. said:

IMG_0671.JPG

Looks like to me you have a good bar there. You have variety, quality and value. 

Besides, it will grow faster than you want. ;-)

Cheers 

• I like it 1

As Bruce pointed out, the last thread was getting pretty long in the tooth. Time for a new one! My office "entertainment" center:
jbstash.thumb.jpg.84e321ba7449f6dc3270af098c029c0c.jpg
Here is my stash...c5109a002616b257e9c3fd3fca30b2bf.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G935P mediante Tapatalk

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Cornfed12 said:

My humble beginnings.... been just over a year of being serious about bourbon.

AF2E3AF4-5795-4D73-A8C0-482292DA1552.jpeg

Solid selection there, I would enjoy a drink anytime from that table

• I like it 2

On 9/19/2017 at 10:36 PM, kemosabe said:

After some searching through my bar, and few cabinets & closets, I pulled together all the bunker bottles for an inventory and sanity check.  I know - I don't have enough open bottles.  I usually never have more than 5-6 bottles open at once.  1 premium, 1 wheater, 1 lower end, 1 CEHT SmB, 1 from Heaven Hill & 1 FRPS.   Those are @ a dozen ECBP & a dozen EC12 that I bought in 2013 when I figured $18 for a 12 year old bourbon was an incredible value.

I have 2 teenage kids - so I can't display the bunker in the house.  I'd hate to have some kids sneak a bottle of 4RLE away for a party or something.

Bourbon Bunk.JPG

If you had to bunker OFBB you picked the best year to do so IMO. 2013 was awesome. 

On 9/20/2017 at 4:36 AM, kemosabe said:

After some searching through my bar, and few cabinets & closets, I pulled together all the bunker bottles for an inventory and sanity check.  I know - I don't have enough open bottles.  I usually never have more than 5-6 bottles open at once.  1 premium, 1 wheater, 1 lower end, 1 CEHT SmB, 1 from Heaven Hill & 1 FRPS.   Those are @ a dozen ECBP & a dozen EC12 that I bought in 2013 when I figured $18 for a 12 year old bourbon was an incredible value.

I have 2 teenage kids - so I can't display the bunker in the house.  I'd hate to have some kids sneak a bottle of 4RLE away for a party or something.

Bourbon Bunk.JPG

Impressive, which 4R SmB LE release you’ve got there ? 

Will. 

14 hours ago, Cornfed12 said:

My humble beginnings.... been just over a year of being serious about bourbon.

AF2E3AF4-5795-4D73-A8C0-482292DA1552.jpeg

Lots of good pours there. Give that 101 a shot. I think you’ll be surprised. 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Impressive, which 4R SmB LE release you’ve got there ? 

Will. 

I have 14, 15, 16, 17.  Was lucky to pick up 3 17's & 3 Al Youngs since i took this pic.  I love Four Roses.

7 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Lots of good pours there. Give that 101 a shot. I think you’ll be surprised. 

It was indeed a good pour. Looking to get the rare beed next, but a local friend who works for a distributor told me he is releasing Elijah Craig barrel proof soon too so...

• I like it 2

I keep most of my limited's in a dark cabinet, so no picture of that, but I included my home bar that I recently reorganized and stocked.  I don't have duplicates on many of these, (KY owl, M10, and some Willett's being the notable exceptions) because I like having a great variety to display and share (rather than a bunker storage) and it gives me the opportunity to have something for anyone that might be coming over. With the reorganization and restock, note that many bottles pictured are not yet opened, but rest assured, this will change on the daily. :)  

As a standing rule, anything on this display is able to be opened on request!  Some limiteds do make it on here from time to time.  Just not this day.  

IMG_0804.jpg

• I like it 4

Snazzy lighting there, mikeydk.    Really makes the colors of the whiskey as well as the labels POP!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.