What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm going to a bachelor party late next month. I figured a 1.75 of BT is perfect to share with seasoned and green bourbon drinkers.  There will be 15 of us, so I'm not expecting this to last long. 

IMG_4126.JPG

For those who are intrigued by BT Bourbon Cream and can't get it, I posted a recipe in the Cocktails forum to make your own. 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Mmm, I could kill for coffee + Baileys, and I am dying to try the bourbon cream combo, too. I saw this bottle only once in my entire life, went to grab something else, came back 10mins later on my way out and it was already gone. Is it that rare? Or should I hunt it down when traveling outside MA?

I have a couple of these that I purchased at the BT distillery, there is plenty of it there. I have never seen it anywhere else (including in my travels to various cities and towns) . While at BT they give samples that you can mix with root beer and it was very good, goes great with coffee. 

48 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm going to a bachelor party late next month. I figured a 1.75 of BT is perfect to share with seasoned and green bourbon drinkers.  There will be 15 of us, so I'm not expecting this to last long. 

Atta Boy JC! :D But.................... you probably shoulda bought two. ;)

Cheers! Joe

38 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Atta Boy JC! :D But.................... you probably shoulda bought two. ;)

Cheers! Joe

Some other guys are bringing stuff also. I will probably end up getting a bottle of WT101. It's my go to!

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

Some other guys are bringing stuff also. I will probably end up getting a bottle of WT101. It's my go to!

Allrighty then. You're in the clear if others are bringing stuff too. ;) Since that's the case, then I hope there's some left from your handle of BT for you to keep and enjoy for yourself. Hey, you got's to make the best out of any situation. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

CEHT SmB @ $34.99 OTD.  Almost finished with my last bottle, so I needed a back-up for the bunker.  Great stuff for the "cheese" (who used to say that???).   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Great stuff for the "cheese" (who used to say that???).   :rolleyes:

That would be Rich.

6 hours ago, flahute said:

That would be Rich.

Ahhh so - my fellow Michigander (hey, I was born there!)?   ;)

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Ahhh so - my fellow Michigander (hey, I was born there!)?   ;)

I just knew I liked sump'n about you GeeTen!   HA!  :)

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I just knew I liked sump'n about you GeeTen!   HA!  :)

Hey thanks, Rich.  But I'm still only a "Novice" (heh, heh).   :lol:

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Hey thanks, Rich.  But I'm still only a "Novice" (heh, heh).   :lol:

Being BORN in The Mitten State confers Journeyman status, so you ain't nobody's 'novice', buddy!   HA!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

An OESO and OESV from an online joint. 

Are you up to 6 or 7 of the 10? That's going to be a glorious night of tasting when you get the tenth!

Never one to pass on a good deal (whether needed or not), I picked up a BT and WSR  x 5 @ $14.99 per.

That's the cheapest I've seen 750's going for in years.:)

Edited by Paddy

Picked this bad boy up today, was randomly sitting on the shelf at a local liquor store...good timing.f9fff2464e9c2ae96f9411f09300bce8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

Are you up to 6 or 7 of the 10? That's going to be a glorious night of tasting when you get the tenth!

7. Been adding a couple duplicates as well. 

I was surprised to find that my local grocery store that has a large selection of liquor has obtained its own barrel of Blanton's.  The story the manager was telling did not make much sense - it was the only barrel coming to Iowa this fall and they got it (not sure, but it has always been scarce here), it was bottled at a higher proof (wrong).   But, they are sitting on lots of cases, and it has a pretty seal & bag.

20170927_203927.jpg

Edited by kwshannon
spelling

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Just ordered a Jack Daniel's Single Barrel/Barrel Proof store pick from LMDW. 

I bet that'll be good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.