What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I took possession of a ps OWA last night.

I'm going to a beer/wine/spirits tasting tonight. There will be a bunch of things to try, and I was told there might also be some goodies to be had on sale. :o I'll report back later this evening, hopefully with some good news.

Cheers! Joe

42 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I bet that'll be good.

I hope so, but I’m pretty sure that will be a nice one. 

Purchased a CEHT BP today, for $75. Now, I can finally have a tasting with these:

Stagg Jr

CEHT BP

Blantons SFTB

ECBP

I am extremely fond of the ECBP, but we shall see!

36 minutes ago, RussianBourbonLover said:

Purchased a CEHT BP today, for $75. Now, I can finally have a tasting with these:

Stagg Jr

CEHT BP

Blantons SFTB

ECBP

Blind is the only way to go, i would recommend having a small pour of something before hand to give them all a fair shake, sometimes that first pour can stand out for better or worse. 

37 minutes ago, RussianBourbonLover said:

Stagg Jr

CEHT BP

Blantons SFTB

ECBP

I am curious to hear what you think of the first three SBS. I had them separately many times, and always thought all BT BP offerings taste more or less the same.

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I took possession of a ps OWA last night.

I'm going to a beer/wine/spirits tasting tonight. There will be a bunch of things to try, and I was told there might also be some goodies to be had on sale. :o I'll report back later this evening, hopefully with some good news.

Cheers! Joe

Is this a tasting event for the general public in chicagoland by any chance?

Just ordered a Jack Daniel's Single Barrel/Barrel Proof store pick from LMDW. 

Saw these on there site they seem interesting. Want that Evan Williams 115 proof or whatever it is special anniversary bottle from them.

Picked this up today. Inflation like crazy bought one from same place less than two months ago for $30 this time it was $37.

614c23498668196c7776c40af10a171b.jpg

7 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Is this a tasting event for the general public in chicagoland by any chance?

It was for the general public, but not in the Chicago area. Local grocery chain. Lots and lots of wines, a number of craft beers, and some odds and ends spirits. Only a few bourbons and scotches. I had a good time. The  cost was $10.00, and all the proceeds went to St. Jude. They even raffled off a few items. I'm still pissed that I didn't win the Fireball deck chair.   :lol:

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Saw these on there site they seem interesting. Want that Evan Williams 115 proof or whatever it is special anniversary bottle from them.

And the price is not bad, i've seen worst and it was not a store pick. The EW is intersting, but it's not cheap. Are they shipping to the US? 

And the price is not bad, i've seen worst and it was not a store pick. The EW is intersting, but it's not cheap. Are they shipping to the US? 

I'm not sure wouldn't for me though as I'm in Texas. Also the price isn't terrible for what it is it's still a bit hard for me to justify here in the US when I can get ECBP for less than half the price.

10 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I'm not sure wouldn't for me though as I'm in Texas. Also the price isn't terrible for what it is it's still a bit hard for me to justify here in the US when I can get ECBP for less than half the price.

in terms of quality/price, ECBP is really hard to beat. Waiting for the new batches/bottle shape to hit Europe. 

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It was for the general public, but not in the Chicago area. Local grocery chain. Lots and lots of wines, a number of craft beers, and some odds and ends spirits. Only a few bourbons and scotches. I had a good time. The  cost was $10.00, and all the proceeds went to St. Jude. They even raffled off a few items. I'm still pissed that I didn't win the Fireball deck chair.   :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Sounds like it was a good time. Binny's hasn't been having many tasting events lately, except for wine. But they do have that overwhelmingly-huge event in the spring. Its around $50, but this year they had over 500 different bottles to sample.

20 hours ago, RussianBourbonLover said:

Stagg Jr

CEHT BP

Blantons SFTB

ECBP

That's a nice line-up.

4 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Sounds like it was a good time. Binny's hasn't been having many tasting events lately, except for wine. But they do have that overwhelmingly-huge event in the spring. Its around $50, but this year they had over 500 different bottles to sample.

I'd like to go to the Binny's one someday. It's always right around the time of our get together in Bardstown. I can' t do both, so I always opt for KY.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Spade said:

Picked up an Elijah Craig 10 year. I’m looking forward to trying it side by side with EC12 and McKenna 10. 

Is that a store pick I'm assuming, the 10 year I mean?

Well note me but the wife came back from a business trip in Texas with a Willett 3 year cask strength rye and a OWA.  These are both difficult in VA so I'm pretty happy.

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Well note me but the wife came back from a business trip in Texas with a Willett 3 year cask strength rye and a OWA.  These are both difficult in VA so I'm pretty happy.

Keeper!

3 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Only one I could get my hands on at this time. 

71F5D424-EF22-4A63-968B-790C024405BC.jpg

What the hell is a Roasted French Mocha, and how exactly is it different from Toasted French Spice? :)

7 hours ago, Kane said:

What the hell is a Roasted French Mocha, and how exactly is it different from Toasted French Spice? :)

I'm not sure but I sampled the barrel at the great american whiskey fair thursday night and it was fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Kane said:

I'm not sure but I sampled the barrel at the great american whiskey fair thursday night and it was fantastic. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.