What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just cracked open a new bottle of WTMK at the bar.

And to boot, nearly half the price of the FR Al Young I just had.

Life is doing good.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delicious. 

California is on our minds & in our hearts. Keep the Faith 

Cheers. 

IMG_1726.JPG

I’d love to be drowning my sorrows in a good bourbon but alas I had my knee scoped the other day and can’t drink yet.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, Kane said:

Well, it's your loss, I am not telling you my actual bourbon fantasies then.

We'll get you drunk enough at a Sampler someday...

• I like it 1

Evan Williams 12 year old. A friend brought two bottles from Japan. If nutty, wood heavy bourbons with tons of tobacco and spiciness are your thing than it's something to try out. Makes EC12 taste fruity in comparision. It's good but very extreme on the woody side.

IMG_0994.JPG

26 minutes ago, OldDrinker1978 said:

Evan Williams 12 year old. A friend brought two bottles from Japan. If nutty, wood heavy bourbons with tons of tobacco and spiciness are your thing than it's something to try out. Makes EC12 taste fruity in comparision. It's good but very extreme on the woody side.

Try blending it into some younger ERwhite label BIB. You might find the sweet spot between too little and too much oak and have a real winner at 101 proof.

Plus, your two bottles will last a lot longer!

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Try blending it into some younger ERwhite label BIB. You might find the sweet spot between too little and too much oak and have a real winner at 101 proof.

Plus, your two bottles will last a lot longer!

can you read minds? I was thinking about the exact thing like 5 minutes ago. :-)

• I like it 1

Sitting in the swing under the pergola with some Dickel Rye. A bee landed on my hand and then dived into the glass. Did the backstroke for a few seconds before I fished him out. He walked around in circles for a while--just like SBers--before flying off.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:56 PM, Mako254 said:

Can't get enough of this stuff. 

IMG_3109.JPG

You are definitely right! I can't get any of this stuff. Been two years anyway.

• I like it 1

Cracked open a fresh W107.  Not a store pick, but still one of my favorites.  Cherry Cola sweetness on the nose that belies the high proof, soft on the pallet with some heat at the end.  Delish.  Have to avoid drinking too much as I need 3/5 of the bottle for my Weller SB Blend.

Yes, I remove the labels from the majority of my bottles.  I really like the look with just the glass and bourbon, makes me feel like my drinking shelf is full of nice glass decanters!  59e148801abd9_IMG_18132430.JPG.510b47fbb6ec2ede8b4b6d09501deb61.JPG

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

14 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Cracked open a fresh W107.  Not a store pick, but still one of my favorites.  Cherry Cola sweetness on the nose that belies the high proof, soft on the pallet with some heat at the end.  Delish.  Have to avoid drinking too much as I need 3/5 of the bottle for my Weller SB Blend.

Yes, I remove the labels from the majority of my bottles.  I really like the look with just the glass and bourbon, makes me feel like my drinking shelf is full of nice glass decanters!  59e148801abd9_IMG_18132430.JPG.510b47fbb6ec2ede8b4b6d09501deb61.JPG

Interesting with the labels, whats the blend all about? Any good?

32 minutes ago, Dango said:

Interesting with the labels, whats the blend all about? Any good?

The blend was posted by fishnbowljoe over in the vatting thread. 6 parts W107; 2 parts WSR; and 2 parts W12. I have not mixed it just yet. 

• I like it 1

Having a pour of 1792 small batch while watching the ALCS.  This bottle was a gift a few months ago. I like it, but I highly doubt I’ll get another.  There are too many I enjoy more at this price point. 

Enjoyed a nice pour of ORVW after dinner.  A very nice bourbon, although not sure I'll ever buy another bottle anytime soon (I mean - it's good, but I've had store picks OWA I like as much if not more).  

4 hours ago, Flyfish said:

Sitting in the swing under the pergola with some Dickel Rye. A bee landed on my hand and then dived into the glass. Did the backstroke for a few seconds before I fished him out. He walked around in circles for a while--just like SBers--before flying off.

That's really funny.  I've never met a bee I didn't like.

IMG_0851.thumb.JPG.bfb6be277baa6f9f7dfbed2f7cc18b68.JPG

With a a few recent posts about Stagg Jr. I thought I would enjoy a little, warm fall evening, and a Liga Privada. Yummy!

Stagg Jr. for me tonight.....can’t wait for my bunker to be delivered to my new house.....it’s nice to have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right back at cha - Watching the ALCS - Go Yanks   Drinking OESK.
59e16bb9f0bc5_IMG_3719(002).thumb.JPG.304bf8c1e88f151c09e11cb0423c7f4b.JPG

Go Stros, take down the evil empire! Store here in Htown is supposed to be getting some OESK soon. Look forward to picking some up.

I'm having a some SAOS SB 11yr, a lower proof Barrel. Following it up with some ECBP.

3cec5affb60ac5715bd96a19230540c5.jpg

5 hours ago, Flyfish said:

Follow that bee. If it uses Dickel Rye for pollen, I want some of that honey!!!

Enjoying an Abraham Bowman HighRye Bourbon, while watching WSU/Cal. Stay safe Cali!

Tonight some Belle Meade (mgp) with dinner.

Now, continuing with mgp:

SAOS 10 year single barrel.

120.2 proof.

Delicious caramel bomb!

IMAG2426.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.