Rumors

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in a other thread. It saw an Instagram post that had the details of an ER BS, listing storage location, age etc. It listed the mashbill as #2.

I had a pour of the mashbill 2 SB I mentioned above at a bar today. Maybe it's all in my mind but I really thought it had the characteristics of MB2. They provided a sheet with notes and a print out of an excel table listing the information so it must be legit.

9339cf26a4bbd89eee16f297978587c1.jpg
d04b62419d72af76f019e431b8dda3f2.jpg

Someone better Joe on this pronto. He can fire up that new Hyundai and get down to Ky ASAP for some facetime with his source who should be well versed on ER Q's at this point. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

As is shown in fishinbowljoe's post on November 14, is barrel entry proof for WSR really 125?  Happy new year and thanks for all of the interesting and entertaining reading.   Bill

48 minutes ago, Bil said:

As is shown in fishinbowljoe's post on November 14, is barrel entry proof for WSR really 125?  Happy new year and thanks for all of the interesting and entertaining reading.   Bill

All BT products go in at 125. Most of the other (but not all) major distilleries put everything in at 125.

• I like it 1

Forgive me if I should know this...but I keep hearing KC 9 year age statement is going away but everywhere I go I see "aged nine years" on the 120 proof bottles. Is this the one thats going away?

6 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Forgive me if I should know this...but I keep hearing KC 9 year age statement is going away but everywhere I go I see "aged nine years" on the 120 proof bottles. Is this the one thats going away?

9 year age statement was removed from KC last year. For the time being, it's not slated to be removed from the 120 proof single barrel. In fact, most of those are older than 9 years.

1 minute ago, flahute said:

9 year age statement was removed from KC last year. For the time being, it's not slated to be removed from the 120 proof single barrel. In fact, most of those are older than 9 years.

Thanks..hard to keep up with all this stuff

1 hour ago, flahute said:

All BT products go in at 125. Most of the other (but not all) major distilleries put everything in at 125.

Yes, that is correct for the rye recipe bourbon mashbills, but as recently as the 2017 WLW the barrel entry proof was 114.  I was wondering if the barrel entry proof for BT wheaters had gone up sometime after 2005 or maybe not all of the weller/van winkles go into the barrel at the same proof.   Bill  

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Of the ‘big boy’ distillers, Wild Turkey is the only one that I am aware of that barrels at less than 125. Per an Eddie Russell interview, WT still barrels at 110 or 115 with the 115 being slated for Rare Breed. Their barrel entry proof was 107 until the early 90s when the Rare Breed was depleting their higher proof barrels. 

• I like it 1

To add to what Steve said above, the KC small batch (100 proof) lost it’s 9 year age statement last year, although some bottles of old stock can still be found with the age statement in some stores. The KC single barrel (120 proof) still retains the 9 year age statement, but many bottles are actually from barrels that are much older, especially private selection barrels, which are usually 12, 13 and sometimes even 14 Year’s old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bil said:

Yes, that is correct for the rye recipe bourbon mashbills, but as recently as the 2017 WLW the barrel entry proof was 114.  I was wondering if the barrel entry proof for BT wheaters had gone up sometime after 2005 or maybe not all of the weller/van winkles go into the barrel at the same proof.   Bill  

You are correct and I thought that it had gone up for the wheaters more recently but I just did some digging and see that as recently as November Minnick was reporting that all Weller / Van Winkle goes in at 114.

I guess the label on that bottle of WSR stating 125 as the entry proof was incorrect.  Thanks for looking into it flahute.   Bill 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.