Is Weller coming back in good supply or is this just a fluke?

ShapeshifterK10
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think most people do a 50/50 mix of WSR & OGD 114.  Proofs out at 102.

I think most people do a 50/50 mix of WSR & OGD 114.  Proofs out at 102.

I’ve shifted to a 60/40 blend of WSR to OGD 114, and I think quite a few others prefer that ratio too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I’ve shifted to a 60/40 blend of WSR to OGD 114, and I think quite a few others prefer that ratio too.

YUP.  For whatever reason, the WSR I've gotten lately (like REALLY lately - last two months it started showing up) works better at 60/40 WSR/OGD114 for me.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

YUP.  For whatever reason, the WSR I've gotten lately (like REALLY lately - last two months it started showing up) works better at 60/40 WSR/OGD114 for me.

I wish I could find WSR around me. I have W12 OWA in my bunker, but have never seen WSR at a reasonable price in the wild. 

I really wanna try this blend (I have like (4) bottles of OGD 114 in my bunker)

Cheers!

I will agree that 60:40 is a better ratio for me as well for the Grandpa Weller blend. WSR isn't one to chase by any stretch though I grabbed two SB picks when I was in NH and both are quite a bit better than the bottles I've had in the past. Not sure if that is indicative of general improvement or if it's just these particular picks.

See the vatting thread. It's either 50:50 of 60:40 in favor of WSR depending on your taste. 

Thank you sir.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.