Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bottle of OWA will be hitting the bin in the morning. This was a very nice micro batch done by Julio's and the Loch & Key group.

• I like it 2

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, CUfan99 said:

Drat!

05194664-3EE2-4D7A-8511-944D65EDC2E9.jpeg

Always sad when a black cap hits the great beyond. 

Hope warehouse G is in the rotation soon. 

For being a store pick from a control state, I was pleased with this. 

74FE74C5-6057-4A8C-9069-528087288E8C.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

'New Hangover'...?????  :o  WTF????

3 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

'New Hangover'...?????  :o  WTF????

Not tonight! Just one pour.  Maybe 2. 

Glad it’s Gone. Not as awful as I remembered, drank most of it over a large cube which masks a lot of deficiencies. Still just nowhere near worth the price IMHO. Revisit in 1-2 years. 

5D8B2B57-718E-4877-82ED-863659BC747B.jpeg

• I like it 1

One more as I get closer to emptying several bottles to make room for what’s coming. This was ok. The KC 2018 LE Rye was a fair bit better, and older IIRC, but also more expensive. I prefer the KC bourbon store picks by a wide margin. 

72628E39-1354-43BE-8E87-4279CDB29C89.jpeg

• I like it 1

I know this is getting a lot of love but I personally won’t really miss it. Just never wrapped my taste buds around it. Loads better than the “Repeal” bottle in the background though. Just not much of a Beam fan I guess. IMG_9882.jpg

• I like it 1

Another casualty this week. This time it was a delicious 12 yr KCSiB store pic. Beam is doing it right with these. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, Mako254 said:

74FE74C5-6057-4A8C-9069-528087288E8C.jpeg

Not sure that someone(s) in a control state picked it is relevant?  Good is good.  

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Not sure that someone(s) in a control state picked it is relevant?  Good is good.  

That is true. Talking to some NC buddies though the people doing the picking are less than enthusiastic about it (or aren’t as maniacal as us)!  

Finished off the first bottle of Weller 12 I was able to find over a year ago. Had a couple friends over to share it with. Glad I have a backup.  Now if I can just find a backup to this one.

6 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

Finished off the first bottle of Weller 12 I was able to find over a year ago. Had a couple friends over to share it with. Glad I have a backup.  Now if I can just find a backup to this one.

I opened my last one last night. Its good but theres absolutely no reason it should be this hard to find. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, FasterHorses said:

I opened my last one last night. Its good but theres absolutely no reason it should be this hard to find. 

As you (and a million other folks) race to the stores on delivery day, with the faint hope of beating each other out for a bottle...;)

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

As you (and a million other folks) race to the stores on delivery day, with the faint hope of beating each other out for a bottle...;)

Not even sure there is a delivery day for W12. Ive lucked into all my bottles at random. My comment was about the scarcity not being justified by the taste. 

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Not even sure there is a delivery day for W12

There is.

Well this was just an absolute delight !

While I normally go neat, one or two ice cubes made it very enjoyable. 

And manhattans.... wow. 

What a fantastic bottle at a fantastic price. 

Way to go B-F. 

1A00F6C9-C43C-49BD-9179-211EF9C7E484.jpeg

Just put an OGD BIB in the recycle bin (on sale last month for $20). This bottle reminded me that for some strange reason, the OGD114 is solidly in my top 3 regularly available bourbons while I just don't care for the OGD BIB. Weird. 

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, BDanner said:

Just put an OGD BIB in the recycle bin (on sale last month for $20). This bottle reminded me that for some strange reason, the OGD114 is solidly in my top 3 regularly available bourbons while I just don't care for the OGD BIB. Weird. 

I feel exactly the opposite, taste is subjective, glad that's the way it is!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.