What Water of Life Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2018

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The ultimate dusty… distilled in 1973 and bottled in 2003-- and buried on the shelf wearing its 2003 price. Serge's top rated Cragganmore.

IMG_9889.thumb.jpg.89c725e5ced67dc980d27bcb4b99efc9.jpg

IMG_9888.thumb.jpg.6ac948585bddb08aa1c8ccbe5e8f6a09.jpg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

The ultimate dusty… distilled in 1973 and bottled in 2003-- and buried on the shelf wearing its 2003 price. Serge's top rated Cragganmore.

So out of curiosity what was the sticker price in 2003?

Oh my...

On 7/9/2018 at 11:25 AM, Marekv8 said:

I’ve got a couple of these bunkered.  They may still be some on the shelf

Random store in Atlanta that I don’t hit often had some Chieftan’s bottlings that I haven’t seen locally. I opted for that PX finished 19 yr cask strength NCF Glenrothes.

Got some great prices on both, why not for a few special future occasions...

IMG_E6433.thumb.JPG.59396b9fc4df5501ac4736ed8f7e3a72.JPG

Feel free not to answer but given the soaring Macallan prices I’m curious what constitutes a great price?

8 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Feel free not to answer but given the soaring Macallan prices I’m curious what constitutes a great price? 

$215 and $250 respectively...I thought that was fair.

It won’t let me post a pic of the back label, but it’s 895 bottles - 15% aged grain, 6% heavily peated, the rest is single malts from Highlands aged in American oak, French oak and sherry butts.  NAS

Amrut finally started showing up in stores in the Memphis area, so I picked up a bottle of the Single Malt Cask Strength to add to the Fusion and Spectrum 004 that I already have.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, beasled said:

Couple more new arrivals. 

Screenshot_20180725-205801_Gallery.jpg

You're killing me with the Daftmill 2006-- I've been trying like hell to obtain a bottle as a gift for my LS owner but it's been a fruitless effort to date.

Enjoy it!

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

You're killing me with the Daftmill 2006-- I've been trying like hell to obtain a bottle as a gift for my LS owner but it's been a fruitless effort to date.

Enjoy it!

Thanks!

Intrigued, what is the reasoning behind gifting the LS owner? 

I regularly gift all of my key LS owners-- typically with desired spirits they can't obtain locally due to distribution or legal issues. I also send food treats (New Orleans King Cakes, toffee, caramel corn, cookies, etc.) to be shared by the entire staff. This particular LS owner has a keen interest in the Daftmill story and I know that bringing in a bottle would make him quite a happy man.

Of course, this isn't limited to LS owners-- I always find out what the teachers, coaches, waiters, shop-owners, hotel managers, bell captains, bartenders, etc. in my life like to drink and surprise them with bottles-- it's all part of the fun.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I regularly gift all of my key LS owners-- typically with desired spirits they can't obtain locally due to distribution or legal issues. I also send food treats (New Orleans King Cakes, toffee, caramel corn, cookies, etc.) to be shared by the entire staff. This particular LS owner has a keen interest in the Daftmill story and I know that bringing in a bottle would make him quite a happy man.

Of course, this isn't limited to LS owners-- I always find out what the teachers, coaches, waiters, shop-owners, hotel managers, bell captains, bartenders, etc. in my life like to drink and surprise them with bottles-- it's all part of the fun.

Very cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the airport and my kind LS owner had this behind the counter-- I've been looking for an unadulterated Glendullan for quite some time. Had a small taste before heading back to the airport, it's a keeper.

IMG_0623.thumb.jpg.80ec5b5046650377e738fda9264b0159.jpg

• I like it 1

On 7/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, JvW said:

$215 and $250 respectively...I thought that was fair.

If I saw a Macallan Rare Cask for $250, I would jump on that price too.  It's one of my favorites.

So far, Las Vegas has come through better than expected-- including a cool 1988/2016 (27yo?) Single Cask Old Pulteney (bottle no. 5 of 153) bottled at 59% ABV.

IMG_0632.thumb.jpg.71dc88e5c478969db688748c8367fcb6.jpg

• I like it 2

Astor reports a release of Kilchoman 10yo whisky. Presumably their first one or at least the stores first one as they started distilling in 2005.

Priced at a very consumer friendly $179.96

I like Kilchoman ok but, umm, no thanks.^_^

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Astor reports a release of Kilchoman 10yo whisky. Presumably their first one or at least the stores first one as they started distilling in 2005.

Priced at a very consumer friendly $179.96

I like Kilchoman ok but, umm, no thanks.^_^

I'm sure it will sell, but wow that is even more than I feared. I thought it would be $130, maybe. For less than $150 they have 9-10 year barrel proof single barrel selections available in the EU. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.