What bottle(s) did you open today? Summer 2018

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Hell, I cant compete with that. I fold.

Go on, bluff him!!! :D

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Don't worry about it Mike, I've got plenty of dirt on Joe you can hold over him that'll make up for any whiskey short comings ;) :D

On August 20, 2018 at 9:40 PM, lcpfratn said:

Hell hath no fury like the Weller Whore scorned! emoji6.png

On August 20, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Vosgar said:

Don't do it Joe. Your wife is a sweetheart, but I don't think she'd put up with two whores/sluts in her house :D

On August 20, 2018 at 10:50 PM, flahute said:

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I'll bring a strong dowry to the family.

On August 21, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Galvin0791 said:

Hmmmm. What's a whore to do? :wub:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hmmmm. What's a whore to do? :wub:

Biba! Joe

Better have a pour and think it over!

:D:D:D

Opened an EC PS...pretty disappointing. The nose on it was nowhere to be found and it’s thin. It tasted ok but the standard EC is better. It did follow a 10 yr old BM SiB so my perception was probably biased. The BM was dark and rich with a fantastic nose and finish. As I type this I’m realizing my judgment is unfair. I’ll reserve until later. 

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Opened an EC PS...pretty disappointing. The nose on it was nowhere to be found and it’s thin. It tasted ok but the standard EC is better. It did follow a 10 yr old BM SiB so my perception was probably biased. The BM was dark and rich with a fantastic nose and finish. As I type this I’m realizing my judgment is unfair. I’ll reserve until later. 

:rolleyes:

Had the exact same reaction to my bottle of EC PS.  Doubt there will be a second purchase.

9 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

Had the exact same reaction to my bottle of EC PS.  Doubt there will be a second purchase.

TT is back! Good to see you around here again.

Thanks for the welcome back hute.  Going to open a bottle of just purchased BT tonight.  Haven't tried BT in 6 yrs but my taste has changed so much it may now be in my wheel house and i do like the pricing.

• I like it 1

My first taste of Baker's...

The gallery broke me down recently & I had to give it a try. Thanx Gallery!!!

A beautiful golden-copper liquid that is more mellow than the 107 would suggest. Nothing that leaps out at you, but an even, flavorful bourbon. Not as much flavor as KC120, but quite a notch over KC100. I'm digging this to start the long weekend. Second pour coming up...

goldcopper.thumb.jpg.cf10892c87861419beb0ad4b4d899198.jpg

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Opened this one tonight. Picked it up a few months ago, but just now trying it.IMG_8928.JPG

How is it?  I passed on it but am curious...

On 8/30/2018 at 4:15 PM, bayouredd said:

My first taste of Baker's...

The gallery broke me down recently & I had to give it a try. Thanx Gallery!!!

A beautiful golden-copper liquid that is more mellow than the 107 would suggest. Nothing that leaps out at you, but an even, flavorful bourbon. Not as much flavor as KC120, but quite a notch over KC100. I'm digging this to start the long weekend. Second pour coming up...

goldcopper.thumb.jpg.cf10892c87861419beb0ad4b4d899198.jpg

May be my next purchase. Been wanting to try it for a while now

47 minutes ago, fosmith said:

How is it?  I passed on it but am curious...

It was really oaky.  I usually try new bourbons neat and the oak was just overpowering with this one.  When I added the ice cube an let it set a while, it became a little sweeter, with hints of vanilla, and the oak lessened quite a bit.

Overall, I liked it, but I wouldn't say it is great.  Once you proof it down a little bit, it tastes similar to Michter's 10.  At $50, I wouldn't chase this one, but might pick up another bottle if I ran across it again.

Cracked open the 2018 EH Taylor Four Grain last night.  I hadn't been expecting much but thought it was pretty good.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

May be my next purchase. Been wanting to try it for a while now

It's pretty darn good.  Nose is amazingly strong with alcohol.  However, I'm amazed after letting this sit between sips the different profiles that emerge.  

My 1st CEHT. If I was posting in the one word thread I would call it oily. Very refined for what I suppose is just 4 years old. I paid $50 for it but I think it might be worth it. 

DE79FC47-27DB-45BF-9377-6990500104C0.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

My 1st CEHT. If I was posting in the one word thread I would call it oily. Very refined for what I suppose is just 4 years old. I paid $50 for it but I think it might be worth it. 

DE79FC47-27DB-45BF-9377-6990500104C0.jpeg

Even though it’s NAS Bottled in bond, I would expect it to be older than four years old. 

• I like it 4

Even though it’s NAS Bottled in bond, I would expect it to be older than four years old. 

Yeah, my GUESS is around 8 years, but that’s purely a guess based on the flavor profile.

All 3 on the left were freshly opened today. The WSR is a 2014, the OWA is a 2015, the W12 is a 2017, and the WLW is 2016.  I realized I have no more "new" bottles of WSR or OWA.  Need to start hunting for some OWA replacements but lately W12 has been more plentiful. I do have a case or so of the "old" OWA and a 1.75 so its not exactly an emergency.

20180903_180116_crop_589x473-235x189.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

All 3 on the left were freshly opened today. The WSR is a 2014, the OWA is a 2015, the W12 is a 2017, and the WLW is 2016.  I realized I have no more "new" bottles of WSR or OWA.  Need to start hunting for some OWA replacements but lately W12 has been more plentiful. I do have a case or so of the "old" OWA and a 1.75 so its not exactly an emergency.

A lineup of nothing but Weller products.  Who do you think you are?  Joe?

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

All 3 on the left were freshly opened today.

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

A lineup of nothing but Weller products.  Who do you think you are?  Joe?

I like the Old Fitzgerald photo bombing in the background...

He’s like “hey, I’m a wheater too”

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

I like the Old Fitzgerald photo bombing in the background...

He’s like “hey, I’m a wheater too”

Good catch.  I missed that one. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.