What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Adam777 said:

I scored my first Thomas Handy. Unfortunately I overpaid at $199.00. He offered me GTS and Handy at $199 

Nothing left to do, except drink it.  It really is fabulous rye.  I look forward to trying THH every year!

I think many of us have found ourselves in your situation at one time or another.

I promise you that sitting by the fireplace relaxing with a glass of THH, you will forget all about the money... at least during the second glass anyway.  ;)

Go on and enjoy it.

• I like it 2

20 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Nothing left to do, except drink it.  It really is fabulous rye.  I look forward to trying THH every year!

I think many of us have found ourselves in your situation at one time or another.

I promise you that sitting by the fireplace relaxing with a glass of THH, you will forget all about the money... at least during the second glass anyway.  ;)

Go on and enjoy it.

What he said.  Like many, I've found that although the THH may be the "easiest" of the 5 BTAC bottles to procure near MSRP, it doesn't reflect on the stellar quality of the expression.  I personally (and I know I'm not alone here) rate THH a very respectable third overall in the BTAC lineup year-in and year-out going back about 4 years.  For me, I'd rather drink Handy than Saz 18.  It's that good.

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, Clueby said:

You guys are killing me!! Are you finding these at retail..or at least minimal markup? It boggles my mind to be able to "bump into" one of these in the wild.

$129.99 for the GTS this year.  Must the "glut" of GTS they're trying to get rid of, eh?   But "I'd rather be lucky than good!"   ☺️

• I like it 2

Driving through KY went to buy 6 Old Bardstown BiB and ended up adding a couple HH green label 6 year, a JW Dant, and two each OF1910 and 1920, the latter on sale for $45 which is a good $15 less than in Chicago.

• I like it 1

Lotto pick and a GI Rare Breed that word on the Lawrenceburh streets says has more 12 year old juice in it than previous batches. 

4FF46895-E0A6-47AA-8002-E6B74D6CC1E3.jpeg

• I like it 3

Took 4 stores in Cleveland before I found any. One store told me they "don't make it anymore" but said he had "Ballentines" while pointing to a Blanton's. One store was only beer and wine.  A couple are destined for friends back in the Lou. 

20181222_105102-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 3

14 minutes ago, Clueby said:

...but said he had "Ballentines" while pointing to a Blanton's. 

Now, that’s hilarious!  :D

• I like it 1

This is my first bottle of OESV. I'm still seeking my first O yeast. I have a feeling '19 will be the year to find both of those. 

20181222_141729.jpg

• I like it 2

This is the first time that I’ve seen Elmer T Lee in the wild all year. It’s a Christmas miracle. 

0AAB9823-A4F2-4DE9-A3DB-6DEA4B6CE4E9.jpeg

• I like it 3

Found an ORVW in the wild today for the low low price of $800...pass...

Phone call to a local store who got a few bottles of Willett 7 year bourbon PS decided to charge $600 ea...pass...

I just wanted to buy whiskey today.  Went to the state store & grabbed these consolations. 

99DE7F4D-7B3C-4098-B4AB-C2D88B337022.jpeg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Took 4 stores in Cleveland before I found any. One store told me they "don't make it anymore" but said he had "Ballentines" while pointing to a Blanton's. One store was only beer and wine.  A couple are destined for friends back in the Lou. 

20181222_105102-1612x784.jpg

I’m glad you found that Weller!!!

Lucked out and got pulled early at a lottery/draw - walked away with a W12 for $30.  Coulda had my pick of many other LE/limited distro, but everything I didn't have (and mighta had some slight interest in) were 3-5× the Weller.  Decided to say screw it and took what I've been watching for for a few years, at a better price than my first (and only) from a couple-some years ago.  Got long laid plans for it that include a little blending...

Resizer_15455226119590.jpg

• I like it 4

34 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

I’m glad you found that Weller!!!

Me too! My stash of older bottles is running low.

So many good reviews here I couldn’t just let it sit on the shelf. 

DB11F695-0D86-4CAD-AD76-B78A74917DC2.jpeg

Edited by Limegoldconvertible68
Spellcheck error
  • I like it 3

1 minute ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

So many good reviews here I couldn’t just let it sit on the shelf. 

"Atta' boy Luther!"

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I bought one of these a couple days ago and liked it so much I went back and bought another one. The guy at the LS said that he had a difficult time getting these, and the distributor would only give him three bottles. I really like it and definitely worth the $32.00 they charged for it.

20181222_203538.jpg

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I bought one of these a couple days ago and liked it so much I went back and bought another one. The guy at the LS said that he had a difficult time getting these, and the distributor would only give him three bottles. I really like it and definitely worth the $32.00 they charged for it.

20181222_203538.jpg

Good ol Johnny D is one of my go-to’s

Picked these up a few weeks ago - need to swing by the shop I grabbed the Belle Meade from to see if it's still on sale (was @ $30 IIRC) - def enjoying it. 

The FC has the old 6yr AS label correct?  Most others I've seen don't have it - how long ago did it drop off, and is it still considered 6yr or has it fallen off as HH continues their slash & burn of good quality "value" labels?

Finally, I posted a month ago about picking up SA Big Level knowing it hasn't received a lotta love 'round he'a.  Well, I finally cracked it open and now know why.......

Resizer_15455226119591.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

Picked these up a few weeks ago - need to swing by the shop I grabbed the Belle Meade from to see if it's still on sale (was @ $30 IIRC) - def enjoying it. 

The FC has the old 6yr AS label correct?  Most others I've seen don't have it - how long ago did it drop off, and is it still considered 6yr or has it fallen off as HH continues their slash & burn of good quality "value" labels?

Finally, I posted a month ago about picking up SA Big Level knowing it hasn't received a lotta love 'round he'a.  Well, I finally cracked it open and now know why.......

Resizer_15455226119591.jpg

Nice find on the FC6. I think it lost its age statement a couple years ago and I consider it a buy any time I still stumble upon one. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.