Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

13 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg

Bunker organization project in full swing this evening. Never thought of myself as a hoarder but this might prove me wrong. I just tend to grab bottles when I see good prices and the way the bottles were I had NO idea what I had at home. If someone would’ve asked I would have said I had 2 or 3 baby Saz. Oops. Well that’s why I’m organizing and taking inventory. Time to drink some BT and Saz for sure!

Yeah my first thought was..wow he really likes Baby Saz!

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Yeah my first thought was..wow he really likes Baby Saz!

…..and I have absolutely no problem with that!!

• I like it 2

On 2/12/2019 at 11:00 PM, AndyD said:

New pic.  Plus or minus a few bottles.

BF7C2AD0-BD98-401E-9BEC-329BE2AF7759.jpeg

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

No, screw that. 

Open the EHT “Sour Mash” & “Tornado”.

And one of those WLW’s.

You can always drink the BT & Saz after those are gone.

:)

Did someone say Tornado?  Damn I agree with 895!  

What's that 4R between the jefferson's and the blanton's Gold?  I can't see the fine print.

Did someone say Tornado?  Damn I agree with 895!  

What's that 4R between the jefferson's and the blanton's Gold?  I can't see the fine print.

The tornado fell into that category of “forgot I had” and it was in the bowels of the storage. Same kind of applies to both of the Four Roses in your question. The front one is the 120th Anniversary and behind it is the 2011 Limited Edition. They are “sort of” the wife’s bottles as she was with me in KY when we grabbed them and it’s her favorite distillery. She’s wanting to crack one of the two in June when our daughter graduates.
  • I like it 1

No, screw that. 
Open the EHT “Sour Mash” & “Tornado”.
And one of those WLW’s.

You can always drink the BT & Saz after those are gone.
[emoji4]

Accepting a new job soon. As soon as it’s official I think I’ll heed some of this advice and pop the top on one of the WLW. I didn’t even put it back in storage since it should be less than 2 weeks.
  • I like it 2

9 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Accepting a new job soon. As soon as it’s official I think I’ll heed some of this advice and pop the top on one of the WLW. I didn’t even put it back in storage since it should be less than 2 weeks.

@Clueby, @JCwhammie, & myself are only 2 hours away, if you need some help with it.  :)

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

31 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

The tornado fell into that category of “forgot I had” and it was in the bowels of the storage. Same kind of applies to both of the Four Roses in your question. The front one is the 120th Anniversary and behind it is the 2011 Limited Edition. They are “sort of” the wife’s bottles as she was with me in KY when we grabbed them and it’s her favorite distillery. She’s wanting to crack one of the two in June when our daughter graduates.

Wow, that's gotta be one of the best bunker dive surprises in history.  Awesome stash dude.

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Congrats on the new job, and I like your celebration idea.

• I like it 2

[mention=12061]Clueby[/mention], [mention=13003]JCwhammie[/mention], & myself are only 2 hours away, if you need some help with it.  [emoji4]

Where at exactly? I would love to meet others from this forum sometime.

Well, after a few rather hectic weeks, I finally had some time to get a few things done around the house. This includes going back over my inventory yet again. :blink:  After finishing a few, blending a few, undecanting a few, and sharing some, I now know (at least for the time being) what I have on hand. I'm down to a total of "only" 88 bottles. :o I have 14 open, and 74 in the bunker. The pics below are what I have readily available. FWIW, I do have a few special/sentimental bottles stored elsewhere. Overall, this is much better than I expected. My plan to drink what I have and buy less seems to be working for the time being anyway. For all you others out there that are trying to do the same, let me be the first to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. However, I'd be remiss in my duties if I didn't remind y'all that the light could be an oncoming freight train. :huh: "Know what I mean Vern?" ^_^

Biba! Joe

stash1.jpeg

stash2.jpeg

stash3.jpeg

stash4.jpeg

stash5.jpeg

• I like it 1

Well, after a few rather hectic weeks, I finally had some time to get a few things done around the house. This includes going back over my inventory yet again. :blink:  After finishing a few, blending a few, undecanting a few, and sharing some, I now know (at least for the time being) what I have on hand. I'm down to a total of "only" 88 bottles. [emoji33] I have 14 open, and 74 in the bunker. The pics below are what I have readily available. FWIW, I do have a few special/sentimental bottles stored elsewhere. Overall, this is much better than I expected. My plan to drink what I have and buy less seems to be working for the time being anyway. For all you others out there that are trying to do the same, let me be the first to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. However, I'd be remiss in my duties if I didn't remind y'all that the light could be an oncoming freight train. :huh: "Know what I mean Vern?" [emoji5]

Biba! Joe

stash1.jpeg.f08b1d9a3e782cd07516174c9b619923.jpeg
stash2.jpeg.27424dd5f91ce3dcb869a6ae086392d7.jpeg
stash3.jpeg.a0fd9789928f482b7f2fb40239341225.jpeg
stash4.jpeg.9c73b23d078562fc651240abf4c6e610.jpeg
stash5.jpeg.0c591ea0cba1dffca6e4bf77aaeb7e8e.jpeg

Got me curious. I guess it’s the bottom left door...What’s the bottle with the tax stamp? Can’t quite make it out.

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

Where at exactly? I would love to meet others from this forum sometime.

St. Louis 

• I like it 1

58 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Got me curious. I guess it’s the bottom left door...What’s the bottle with the tax stamp? Can’t quite make it out.

It's a faux tax stamped Walker's Northern Light Canadian Blended Whiskey, circa 1987-88. FWIW, I have CRS, so for the life of me, I can't exactly remember when and/or where I picked this up. It may have been from a local restaurant that went out of business a number of years ago.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, kevinbrink said:

That's where it starts you get a bigger cabinet and then a second cabinet then you start stashing bottles under the desk in your office or in a spare closet or maybe in the trash can next to your favorite chair. 

You summed up my bunker growth right up to the trash can....bought a bigger cabinet, then a second cabinet, now I keep some in my office and in a spare closet at home....but I think my wife will intervene  if I start using the trash can too...

You summed up my bunker growth right up to the trash can....bought a bigger cabinet, then a second cabinet, now I keep some in my office and in a spare closet at home....but I think my wife will intervene  if I start using the trash can too...

I don’t know...from what I’ve seen she’s been both a contributor and an enabler...maybe not a trash can, but a third cabinet then! [emoji6]
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

58 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I don’t know...from what I’ve seen she’s been both a contributor and an enabler...maybe not a trash can, but a third cabinet then! emoji6.png

Cabinet might save you some money, I believe some alternative storage locations require a licensing fee payable to @Harry in WashDC

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

79E06E3E-D689-4703-AD0F-4FBF76A5C200.jpeg

Looks great. Love the brick. What are the bottles in between the Peg Leg and the Willet?

• I like it 1

On 3/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, Supercharger said:

Still new to this. About two months in to being serious about this. Starting to get a bit obsessed! :)

1C005BDD-2592-439E-872D-3CE263E8FFC2.jpeg

Just a thought - if I line them up by height while keeping twins/triplets/etc. together, my wife notices the range and the multiples and starts making noises, especially when more magically appear.  By mixing and matching and keeping them far from the ceiling lights and under shelves, etc., they attract less attention.

Of course, I do keep a dozen or so open and up front for immediate use; they serve as a bright, shiny object by distracting others from remembering the multiples in the dark recesses of the bunker.  Uh, if I take pictures, do I have to open the cardboard boxes (old wine cases, mostly) so the olio inside each can be seen? 

• I like it 6

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Just a thought - if I line them up by height while keeping twins/triplets/etc. together, my wife notices the range and the multiples and starts making noises, especially when more magically appear.  By mixing and matching and keeping them far from the ceiling lights and under shelves, etc., they attract less attention.

Of course, I do keep a dozen or so open and up front for immediate use; they serve as a bright, shiny object by distracting others from remembering the multiples in the dark recesses of the bunker.  Uh, if I take pictures, do I have to open the cardboard boxes (old wine cases, mostly) so the olio inside each can be seen? 

Pro tips by the Master!

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

LOL. Thanks for the tips! I’ve never caught anything from my wife on any other obsessions (cars, guitars, and other costly items). With that said, I’ll keep this in mind when arranging the bunker. :)