Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

That cabinet is beautiful, what an awesome display!

Thanks, trying to decide what direction to go next. I'd love to have a full BTAC collection but I know that there are so many other great ones out there as well.

1 hour ago, Backdoctor said:

Had to squeeze it in a corner of my wine room.

Nice squeezin'. :D

Biba! Joe

My open bottle shelf was getting a little low, so I thought I’d pull everything out of the bunker, see what I had, and add some more bottles to my open bottle shelf this weekend. Turns out, I have a lot more bourbon and scotch in my bunker than I thought I did.
IMG_0619.jpg

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, NDN98 said:

My open bottle shelf was getting a little low, so I thought I’d pull everything out of the bunker, see what I had, and add some more bottles to my open bottle shelf this weekend. Turns out, I have a lot more bourbon and scotch in my bunker than I thought I did.

I noticed a BT Single Oak bottle in your mix. If I may ask, which barrel?  I was lucky enough to snag a few way back in the day. Of the ones I had, I thought barrels #4 and #100 were pretty dog goned good. :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

IMG_0619.thumb.jpg.3d1fff4e7e5c1f70ab6cb61fc4aa8c20.jpg

I recently moved and had to move and restore my unopened bottles. It was kind of like Christmas all over again.

On a weird side note, my spelling is not great and with my big fingers, using my iPhone makes it even worse. The autocorrects are usually annoying but occasionally funny. When I started this post “recently” went to “Rex Elroy’s”. I do not know this person or why they are hiding in my phone.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I noticed a BT Single Oak bottle in your mix. If I may ask, which barrel?  I was lucky enough to snag a few way back in the day. Of the ones I had, I thought barrels #4 and #100 were pretty dog goned good. :D

Biba! Joe

This one is barrel # 55, which is one of the wheated barrels.  I had the one from barrel 115 at one point (didn't last long) and it was terrific.  Actually moved this bottle to my open shelf and plan on opening it tonight and see how it compares to the memory of barrel 115.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I need a bigger cabinet - 92 diff varieties, all bourbon except 4 ryes and a wheat....  The duplicate+ bottles and handles of quite a few are elsewhere.

Resizer_15500231413370.jpg

• I like it 4

18 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

I think I need a bigger cabinet - 92 diff varieties, all bourbon except 4 ryes and a wheat....  The duplicate+ bottles and handles of quite a few are elsewhere.

Nah!   Unless you wanna buy any more.... HA! ;)   If you could manage to drink one before you do, you'd still be OK to get one more. Again: HA! :lol:

39 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

That's where it starts you get a bigger cabinet and then a second cabinet then you start stashing bottles under the desk in your office or in a spare closet or maybe in the trash can next to your favorite chair. 

• I like it 5

8 hours ago, AndyD said:

New pic.  Plus or minus a few bottles.

BF7C2AD0-BD98-401E-9BEC-329BE2AF7759.jpeg

That’s a great idea. 

Why limit yourself to one cabinet, when you can have a whole island!

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Single?

Marital status?  Married with 3 kids.

i take the bottles out and reorganize in order to drink more from bottles in the back, and also in the hopes of being able to jam a few more bottles in the cabinets.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Single?

26 minutes ago, AndyD said:

i take the bottles out and reorganize in order to drink more from bottles in the back, and also in the hopes of being able to jam a few more bottles in the cabinets.

As someone who is single i can tell you that it gets worse ;) I have a "Dining room" and an "Office", I could use some resistance to my purchasing and storage habits.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I could use some resistance to my purchasing and storage habits.

Sorry... No Such Thing Exists.   ...Much Like frog hair, or hen's teeth, I suppose; often referred to; but never actually seen.

• I like it 3

It's always nice to meet someone who enjoys this hobby. A fella at work asked me if he saw me at a Belle Meade release last Saturday and we started talking bourbon. Eventually he asked about how many bottles I had. I thought I had done pretty well from one perspective, but didn't know if I should be proud or ashamed when I told him I had about 100. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "you'll get there". 

• I like it 10

13 hours ago, AndyD said:

Interesting. I have a wife and 3 kids myself but my bunker never gets to parade. Carry on. 

It's always nice to meet someone who enjoys this hobby. A fella at work asked me if he saw me at a Belle Meade release last Saturday and we started talking bourbon. Eventually he asked about how many bottles I had. I thought I had done pretty well from one perspective, but didn't know if I should be proud or ashamed when I told him I had about 100. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "you'll get there". 

Belle Meade release, hmmm. Sounds delicious.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:01 PM, FasterHorses said:

Was that the honey barrel release?  That one sounds intriguing. 

37 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Was that the honey barrel release?  That one sounds intriguing. 

Yeah it was the Honey Cask Finish release. I had  to go into work that morning for a meeting and by the time I got to Greenbrier the line was halfway down the street. I waited for a while and ultimately missed out. They only had about 200 bottles. Not too disappointed at the crazy price they were asking. 

Edited by FasterHorses

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg

Bunker organization project in full swing this evening. Never thought of myself as a hoarder but this might prove me wrong. I just tend to grab bottles when I see good prices and the way the bottles were I had NO idea what I had at home. If someone would’ve asked I would have said I had 2 or 3 baby Saz. Oops. Well that’s why I’m organizing and taking inventory. Time to drink some BT and Saz for sure!

• I like it 8

Still new to this. About two months in to being serious about this. Starting to get a bit obsessed! :)

1C005BDD-2592-439E-872D-3CE263E8FFC2.jpeg

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg

Time to drink some BT and Saz for sure!

No, screw that. 

Open the EHT “Sour Mash” & “Tornado”.

And one of those WLW’s.

You can always drink the BT & Saz after those are gone.

:)

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

IMG_1229.thumb.jpg.99d1174d2734c399eba867441ea3e5ce.jpg
IMG_1226.thumb.jpg.31d4b80ed8f54522c6ed377b8cda3181.jpg

Bunker organization project in full swing this evening. Never thought of myself as a hoarder but this might prove me wrong. I just tend to grab bottles when I see good prices and the way the bottles were I had NO idea what I had at home. If someone would’ve asked I would have said I had 2 or 3 baby Saz. Oops. Well that’s why I’m organizing and taking inventory. Time to drink some BT and Saz for sure!

This craziness needs more love.
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.